cant help but notice "kebab"

missjam

so you guys can eat kebab meat on atkins and still lose weight?

sorry this thread just caught my eye! i am low carbing but wouldnt say im doing atkins!

i dont have much to lose so treat myself to a drink in town with the girls once a month... however i always seem to get drunk and not care and run to the pizza shop on my way home... making a big mess of the diet!

:( would it be fine for me to get kebab meat with mayo dip instead?? or what dips would be safe?

Yep kebab with salad and garlic mayo. Dump the carby pitta bread though x

Make sure its garlic mayo and not sauce though.....

World of difference in carbs!

Mmmmm kebab

Look out for the meat sweats! ((shudder))

Went to London yesterday for a day out and the only thing I could think that I could have to eat was donor meat.

Went to a kebab shop and asked for a portion of donor and he showed me a container (the ones used for burgers) and said do you want this much. He then told me he wanted £8!! Just for a small portion of donor meat!

I politely told him where to go...

That is offensively expensive!! (note to self: stay living in Brum....Big Johns Rocks lol)

That's not typical of London, promise - but actually for future reference head to a supermarket and get a stack of cold meats, plus they often have cold boiled eggs in the deli section, and grab a bag of lettuce - bingo, salad :)

Mixed doner (chicken and lamb) never did me harm on Atkins, obviously without the bread, but I also ask without the mayo, as you cannot tell the carb content. I put Hellmans on when I get home :)

Also If I'm particularly hungry I ask for a portion of kebab meat and put it in a lamb korma. Hehe

I wonder though; doner meat, is that all meat and no 'fillers'?

I think doner meat is "lamb" lol! With added fat and onion etc. Theres definitly not just meat in it, thats for sure. But cant imagine theres a large amount of carbs in it tho, unless of course it is actually full of crap!

I do accounts for a indian take away at work, want me to ask and see if he can get me the ingredients list?

Oh, just found out it has rusk in it. Thats not good http://www.the-platform.org.uk/2011/05/05/what-on-earths-in-a-lamb-doner/

Last edited:
I think doner meat is "lamb" lol! With added fat and onion etc. Theres definitly not just meat in it, thats for sure. But cant imagine theres a large amount of carbs in it tho, unless of course it is actually full of crap!

I do accounts for a indian take away at work, want me to ask and see if he can get me the ingredients list?

Oh, just found out it has rusk in it. Thats not good What on Earth’s in a Lamb Doner? | The Platform

You've just ruined my life with that link!

You've just ruined my life with that link!

I just ruined my own too. But I've sts again this week by the looks of it, and I think its the doner meat thats to blame - so just sharing my pain! lol!

Perhaps going for the shish is safer? but then, hey, a stall is better than a gain.

Perhaps going for the shish is safer? but then, hey, a stall is better than a gain.

Well that is very true. I'd rather stall than put weight on, but then, it does get a bit disconcerting to be on facing week 3 of sts. Almost contemplating a weekend carb binge to kick start it again.

Back