Can't Seem to get Back on Track

Fay737731

Silver Member
It's been a very very very very LONG 9 months (are you getting that?) on the diet with excellent progress made by both myself and my other half but for the past few months we have been kind of kidding ourselves on the food front.

In the few weeks before Christmas we got a little lax and started taking a few meals off here are there, eating out at Nandos a couple of times a week, weighing out a little extra etc. After the 8-9 days off for the Christmas and New Year period we put on a little weight but managed to get it off within a few weeks of resuming the diet but we weren't AS STRICT as what we were before the festive season so progress felt slow, and while we still managed about a stone (remember some of that was gained weight) over the month and a half until our epic holiday to New York there were some tantrums at staying the same for one or two of those weeks. This was all self inflicted of course with the deviations from the diet but as irattional as it sometimes can be a low result weigh in usually leaves me demoralized. Then came the trip to New York, food fueled and very much enjoyed but we both put on about 7lbs in the process...I'm not complaining about the added weight as it was worth it but now I'm really really struggling to resume the dieting!

Last week we tried each weekday to complete day 1 but each day gave in for some reason (hunger, bordom, discontent with the evening meal quantities etc.) or another. Each evening we would feel guilty (well....uncomfortably full) and promise ourselves that this was the last night of food - "diet tomorrow - and I mean it this time". It's not down to one or the other that we give in, we are both to blame and give into each other.

I KNOW we NEED to do this and we both want to get rid of another 1-2 stone before we go back up the steps but it's as if because we are SO close we just can't focus.....

I NEED HELP!!! Maybe some tough love...maybe someone to be accountable to...! Sounds strange as I am a grown woman and should be able to hold myself accountable but I just don't seem to be able to find the willpower.

Don't mistake me....I'm not saying we are going crazy and doing anything that would result in gains (ignoring New York where we ate A LOT but planned to do that) but it's losses I want not to stay the same!! We have come so far and I want us to reach our goals, not give up when we are soooo close!

Day 1: Shake 1 complete

Hi Fay
I am exactly the same. Was really good from 1st Jan until mid-Feb. Since then I've been on and off it (more off than on in the last 3 weeks). I went away last weekend so planned a few days off. I was straight back on it last Monday and Tuesday but things went wrong from Wednesday. I really do need to get at least another 2 stone off and I know if I can get to day 4 doing 100% SS I can keep going. Im just really struggling to get back to it. I've promised myself (yet again) that I will definitely be back to it tomorrow.

Good luck hun - I know this can be done

xxxxxxxx

Think about how frustrated you're feeling every time you're dishing up your meals, question every thing you cook "Do I really need that?" The last time I lost it all I tried to get my mind to think of my body as a machine which needed good fuel to ensure it worked at maximum capacity, and it worked... For a while.... Then I did the same thing, I got lax and started going out too often, eating one too many chocolate bar's and ordering one too many takeaways, before I knew it I'd gained it all back bar 7lbs! I was gutted, I'm back on SS now and have slipped up a couple of times, you have to remember as well, It's not a race, it's a lifelong marathon, Unfortunately people who lose a lot of weight are very likely to regain it, Regardless of which diet they're doing, so it's not just losing the weight, it's maintaining it that's the biggest battle of all, you'll both do it, and with every meal don't look at it as restricting yourself, think of each meal you have that is the right amounts as a little victory, And before you know it all the little victories will become a massive achievement, Best of luck to you both xxx

Thanks Chrissy, I know maintaining will actually be far harder than losing it. Normally I would have given up by now but I do keep going back to it. I know I can and I will do it, I just think it will take me longer than it should!!!

Fay, today is my day 1 back on track. Really struggling with my water but to be fair when I go off plan it normally does take me a few days to get used to having so much water. I just need to keep at it.

Dam you alcohol!!! :eek:

xxx

Don't forget to whoop whoop before bed :p xx

I think it's normal to lose motivation when you get closer to goal, because you don't hate what you see in the mirror and that can spur you on.

Maybe start thinking about what you're moving towards (great clothes, increased confidence, better health, being happy with how you look, being more active, feeling proud of yourself etc) rather than what you're moving away from.

Also, it sounds like the 9 months have felt long, it could be over in 2 months if you 100% it, or could take another 9 if you don't.

Try writing reasons and motivations on post it notes and stick them around so you're surrounded by it.

There's a lot of useful information on the internet about addictions and bargaining, a lot of which is relevant to food.

If you think of the reasons you convince yourself it's ok to eat, and then counter that now you've got a defence already.

My big one is "I've had a bad day, I deserve a treat." I do deserve a treat, and the biggest treat ever is going to be slipping on those size 10 jeans. An interim treat might be an early night or a hot bath, or maybe eBay shopping to get myself something in the next size down. That's what helps me, your downfall will be different though, but think about it when you're in a determined and logical state and you'll be prepared to deal with it when you're vulnerable.

Hi Lynn , well im back giving it another try as knees killed me yesterday , so its made me think . So how are you doing ?

I think it's normal to lose motivation when you get closer to goal, because you don't hate what you see in the mirror and that can spur you on.

Maybe start thinking about what you're moving towards (great clothes, increased confidence, better health, being happy with how you look, being more active, feeling proud of yourself etc) rather than what you're moving away from.

Also, it sounds like the 9 months have felt long, it could be over in 2 months if you 100% it, or could take another 9 if you don't.

Try writing reasons and motivations on post it notes and stick them around so you're surrounded by it.

There's a lot of useful information on the internet about addictions and bargaining, a lot of which is relevant to food.

If you think of the reasons you convince yourself it's ok to eat, and then counter that now you've got a defence already.

My big one is "I've had a bad day, I deserve a treat." I do deserve a treat, and the biggest treat ever is going to be slipping on those size 10 jeans. An interim treat might be an early night or a hot bath, or maybe eBay shopping to get myself something in the next size down. That's what helps me, your downfall will be different though, but think about it when you're in a determined and logical state and you'll be prepared to deal with it when you're vulnerable.

Completely agree with this!

Hi Lynn , well im back giving it another try as knees killed me yesterday , so its made me think . So how are you doing ?
Hi Jackie
Well after speaking with my CDC, I've decided to start step 3 - 1000kcals a day which I start today.
How you doing hun?

Hi Jackie
Well after speaking with my CDC, I've decided to start step 3 - 1000kcals a day which I start today.
How you doing hun?

hi Lynn , so 1000kcals aday, how you getting on ? For me I tried vlcd but cant get back into them I'm now doing Low carb high fat , so lots of homework to learn new ideas , it all started with me watching TV yesterday morning this man who had done this diet and I thought i'll try that . hope the loses are good . I have a long road to go down and I thin k this is a starting point . Wont be long for you Lynn doing well

Back