Can't Sleep!

TheMilkTrayMan

I have only recently started LT (day 5) and am having difficulties sleeping (not related to our newborn baby son (no3)). It is never easy to go to sleep in the first place if hungry, but I am finding I am waking up at 4am most days, and then can't get back to sleep. This is very unusual for me, in fact unheard of!:sigh:

Is this normal when starting LT? Do other experience the same? Is there a miracle cure??

Nx

I have had sleeping problems all my life - even when I was a baby - I put mine down to having an overactive imagination! Usually I cant sleep cos im thinking about work or thinking about how cool its going to be whe Im slim! lol xxx

Hope u get into sleeping again. Best things to do is not have coffee or exercise a few hours before bed, dont watch TV or be online for an hr before bed, have a hot bath with some lavendar in the evening and maybe work your shakes out that you have one an hr before bed time.

Men can split their shakes - so you have have 3 or 4 instead of just 2.

Try some of these ideas and see if it helps.

xxx

my sleepings not great either - got up at 4 and am completely exhausted now with lots to do today. but if Im honest, it wasnt that great before only now I cant bring it on with carbs. Did sleep well night before last and full of energy yesterday. I'm hoping it will settle down. this is my 12th day. Feeling good though, amazing when the energy does come back- thought I might be tired for the duration of the diet.

i tend to wake up earlier when on lt ...like you its usually unheard of for me to be awake before 7 but it was 5 this morning and i woke up ziinngg! and that was it, wide awake. maybe its to do with having more energy? no idea at least i catch up on my reading lol

h xx

I feel your pain mate - I was bouncing off the walls when I 1st start LT... I'm more of a night owl anyway but was amazed by how much energy I seemed to have at night on LT... & how I was waking up much earlier.... on the plus side it's a good indicator you're well into ketosis :D

Have you tried having your final shake earlier ?

I dont drink tea or coffee thefutureisbright, so it isnt a caffeine thing. I like the idea of splitting the shakes from 2 into 4, but the chemist told me not to, and to be honest, when having a whole shake it does at least fill me up, all be it for a short time!

I have my shakes at mid-day and the second at 6pm, I don't think I could have it any earlier, as that would leave too much of a gap.

I dont think it an energy thing, as when I do get up I feel exhausted, like I have a bad hangover. And I did a bit of an over the top session at the gym yesterday, which would of burnt off any excess energy, and all of my reserves! Lol.

Like you harriet2, once I am awake, thats it, the day has started, and I cnt get back to sleep!

Not sure its because of being in ketosis, or just because I am muderously hungry!

Why is it, that when you are on a diet the telly is full of food adverts! My weakness is KFC, and everytime I switch on the TV, there is a KFC ad. They say men think about sex every minute. Well, in my case that has now changed to thinking about KFC every minute! Still, I am losing weight, no matter how hard it is, it seems to be working.

I had problems but then started having my shake at about 5ish and then going for a quick walk or swimming and now i sleep better then i ever have even before LT xxxx

I have the same problem,had the previous time too.Need the sleep but cant seem to get good sleep,Im up at the loo anyway!

I think I could do with a bit of that. I've gone the other way - I sleep for britain now!! I went to sleep last night at 11pm and didn't get up until 8.30! lol 9.5 hours sleep! I can't help it though, i'm just knackered at night and die! xx

I seem to alternate between the two, some nights I'm falling into bed almost as soon as I walk through the door and sleeping right through until late the next morning, and sometimes I'm going to bed really late (3am-ish) and waking up at about 8 (believe me, for me that's early!). Don't mind either really though to be honest, although I do prefer the getting up early coz then I don't feel so lazy lol :)

I must admit I'm a bit like Gemma. Some nights I toss and turn before dropping off, others I'm asleep when my head touches the pillow. Every morning I'm up early to toddle off to the loo but can usually get back to sleep. Sometimes I'm up early, others I can sleep through to 9:30/10.

I'd try the hot bath trick (and a boring book - that never fails me!)
x

I have only recently started LT (day 5) and am having difficulties sleeping (not related to our newborn baby son (no3)). It is never easy to go to sleep in the first place if hungry, but I am finding I am waking up at 4am most days, and then can't get back to sleep. This is very unusual for me, in fact unheard of!:sigh:

Is this normal when starting LT? Do other experience the same? Is there a miracle cure??

Nx
I have not slept properly since startly LT...I was a carb junky and carbs help you sleep!! Complete opposite to how i used to be i couldn't stay awake...all i can say is if your awak your burning fat!!1 Why not take advantage and go for an early run ...or do a baby shift for your wife...she will love you the world and back again for her extra sleep xxx and it earns you brownie points you can reclaim!:D

Nice thought, but cant see me being able to cash in those brownie points for a fair few weeks yet though! To be fair, I have taken 5-weeks off work to help out with the housework and looking after the 2yo and 6yo during the summer hols, so I am doing my bit. :)

Back