Can't stomach any more

shakes, soup or porridge. I'm only on day 5 and I liked the porridge and shakes at first but now I'm finding them hard to swallow. Its the texture rather than the flavour. I had a strawberry tetra and had to hold my nose to get it down and wash it down with water. It was vile. The soups are powdery and go frothy cos you have to blend them. Any suggestions?

To be honest? My advice is stick with it. I didn't like stuff at first, but you get used to it, and now I do! It'll get better. Just keep going! Have you tried adding herbs and spices to things? As long as it's not salt or have sugar in it, you're fine! I use things like cinnamon, nutmeg, pepper, cayenne pepper, chilli powder. xx

I blend my shakes with 400ml of water and it makes a pint of drink. That way they are not thick like milkshake and easy to drink. If you haven't already - it might be worth giving it a try. I also prefer the taste this way as it is less cloying (if that's the right word).

Have you got enough variety in your shakes? Maybe try some new flavours to mix it up a bit. My favourite is Cappuccino. it's the only one I really like at the moment but I drink the others as well to keep it interesting.

You will be able to have the bars soon enough so just tough it out until then.

Can't help you with soup as I can't stand them.

If you dont add ice I recommend it asap! I went out and bought a smoothie maker, "kenwood smoothie to go" thing i bought from Tesco at about £20.
I add 4 big ice cubes, the cold water and the powdered shake. Whizz it up for 30 seconds and it is soooooo much nicer! It tastes like a mcdonalds shake, rather than a tepid powdery thing.
The soups I add pepper too. I like the chicken and mush, and the leek and potato the most.

I found the soups powdery too and didn't get on with them - have you tried the tetras frozen (just on the thaw they are creamy and you can eat them with a spoon)
Hang in until the 3rd week - not too long now - when you can make mousses and have the bars. Much more variety. Don't undo everything you've done so far.
I know some people don't agree with weighing frequently but if you have an accurate pair of scales, it might be motivation to stand on them and see what you've lost. It reminds you why you're putting yourself through this!

Hey
Just wanted to say stick with it if you can..... its just getting into it. Perhaps next time get a different selection of flavours.. I only have the shakes and bars I dont have soups or porridge..

With my shakes I add crushed ice and blend and then add more crushed ice to drink it and sip it with a straw and love them.....

Try and stick with it as cd is fab and you get such great results.

good luck x

Back