Can't stop eating!

jacqu79

Dunno what's wrong with me.:(

I'm keeping as busy as possible, and trying not to have any junk food in the house, but I'm still bingeing something terrible with whatever's in the cupboards.

Sometime's my tummy is so full it hurts, yet I just want to eat more.:sigh:

It's really starting to get me down, as I'd been doing so well til now, and am doing ever so well with the gym. Going every day mon-fri.

Somebody help me please!:wave_cry:

What diet are you on? If you are on one with 'free' food pig out on that. I get the munchies regularly and I find trying to ignore them only makes it worse. Stock up on the foods you can eat which will cause the minimal damage

Taz
I promise I'm not following you.....

Jacqu

We all want to loose weight here and I had a very similar experience after my first week of attempting to get back into dieting. I put so much pressure on myself because I felt fat and uncomfortable that I kept eating everything.

Start with something that you can achieve, this will help build your confidence. Find the time of the day that you are likely to break your diet and schedule a snack here, like some blueberries, a banana and coffee or a protein bar and cuppa. This way you are eating and filling the hunger but not bingeing.

Think about what you are doing though that is positive;

the gym!

Drink lots of water and if you do cheat go for something not overly indulgent.

Bren
X

What diet are you on? If you are on one with 'free' food pig out on that. I get the munchies regularly and I find trying to ignore them only makes it worse. Stock up on the foods you can eat which will cause the minimal damage

I've gone from weight watchers to calorie counting by myself. It's harder than I thought though, and I seem to be thinking about food constantly, where i wasn't with WW.

Sitting down now with all my WW books and stuff and writing a meal plan for the week. Gonna try and stick to it as well as I can. Will head to shops later for lots of bovril, veggies and sugar free jellies!

Thank you!:)

Taz
I promise I'm not following you.....

Jacqu

We all want to loose weight here and I had a very similar experience after my first week of attempting to get back into dieting. I put so much pressure on myself because I felt fat and uncomfortable that I kept eating everything.

Start with something that you can achieve, this will help build your confidence. Find the time of the day that you are likely to break your diet and schedule a snack here, like some blueberries, a banana and coffee or a protein bar and cuppa. This way you are eating and filling the hunger but not bingeing.

Think about what you are doing though that is positive;

the gym!

Drink lots of water and if you do cheat go for something not overly indulgent.

Bren
X

Thanks Bren.:) I'll deffo try scheduling a snack for my worst times(mostly night time).

Will try doing WW again and keeping some points for later on at night after dinner.

Sounds like a good idea to follow a plan you know works for you. Check out the WW forum too and see if there is anything there that might help you

I seem to be plugging him in most of the forums lol, but if you look into buying books that are to do with gaining control over food, like the one i was following from paul mckenna, then it will help you in the long run. i bought "i cant make you thin" last year from £10, its a short, easy to read book and a cd that you listen to as often as you want which doesnt quite hypnotise you but gets you in a place between awake and hypnosis. I stopped following it last year during my exams but i lost around a stone before then and haven't regained any without even conciously trying. Ive had 'bad days' but seem to have acquire a positive way of thinking from that small time i was following his plan. infact talking about it now i may well get the cd out after work and have a listen:) good luck, you've done fantastically well so far! xxx

sorry that's "i CAN make you thin" hahaha

I have that book but while I have been training for a new job I decided it wouldn't be the best time to read it yet.

Sounds like a good idea to follow a plan you know works for you. Check out the WW forum too and see if there is anything there that might help you

will do. thanks taz!:)

I seem to be plugging him in most of the forums lol, but if you look into buying books that are to do with gaining control over food, like the one i was following from paul mckenna, then it will help you in the long run. i bought "i cant make you thin" last year from £10, its a short, easy to read book and a cd that you listen to as often as you want which doesnt quite hypnotise you but gets you in a place between awake and hypnosis. I stopped following it last year during my exams but i lost around a stone before then and haven't regained any without even conciously trying. Ive had 'bad days' but seem to have acquire a positive way of thinking from that small time i was following his plan. infact talking about it now i may well get the cd out after work and have a listen:) good luck, you've done fantastically well so far! xxx

I actually bought that book a couple of years ago. Listened to the cd a couple of times, but had a lot going on at the time and gave up. Will look it out and give it another go! Thanks for that!xxx

Have you tried the cambridge diet? I was so much like you when I was on slimming world!! always thinking bout food. Now that I dont have to think about food at all, it's so much easier. It's not for everyone but it might be for you?

Jacqu can you try and do something else, what I mean is you're recognising the time in the day when you are most likely to binge ( evening times), so try and do something else to take your mind off food. Something like a nice hot bubble bath...light candles and just have a nice soak, or even something like a crossword. Anything that is going to divert you from heading towards the kitchen.
xxx

i find getting on this forum stops me eating when i shouldnt be!

Have you tried the cambridge diet? I was so much like you when I was on slimming world!! always thinking bout food. Now that I dont have to think about food at all, it's so much easier. It's not for everyone but it might be for you?

I'm not working at the moment, so would find it a bit difficult financially. It's something I may explore in the future tho, so thanks!:)

Jacqu can you try and do something else, what I mean is you're recognising the time in the day when you are most likely to binge ( evening times), so try and do something else to take your mind off food. Something like a nice hot bubble bath...light candles and just have a nice soak, or even something like a crossword. Anything that is going to divert you from heading towards the kitchen.
xxx

I've tried playing online games. I think the best thing for me to do is go to bed early! :D

When I stay up late, that's when I tend to want to eat!!

Will give the bath a go though. Thanks!:)

i find getting on this forum stops me eating when i shouldnt be!

Got my Paul McKenna book looked out, and have just put the CD on my ipod, so gonna give that a wee go starting from tonight!:)

Back