Cant stop weeing!

Hayley85

I only started SW on tuesday, and i have been so good, eating nothing but fruit, veg, salads - basically all syn free. im not drinking anymore than i usually would but i seem to be peeing twice as much! is this normal!? I asked my mum and she suggested that maybe im losing water at the moment and that the more i pee the more i lose which could be a good thing on weigh in! Is she right!? i asked my friend (we joined SW together) and she isnt having the peeing problem :confused:

I usually wee a lot more the first week of any new diet. I know I have been this week since joining SW on Monday. It will give you a good first week's loss x

It is very normal to wee more especially in the first few days of a new diet.
Be careful with only eating fruit and salad, im on calorie counting not sw but you shouldn`t go below 1000 calories a day otherwise your body will go into starvation mode and start storing your fat, drink plenty of water as well at least 2 litres a day as you need to help re-hydrate what you are losing when going to toilet.
Most people have a big loss in the first week due to water retention, but everyone is different so not all will wee more.
Good luck on your weightloss. :0)

I pee more all the time on SW.

I suppose it is logical when you consider that most fruit and veg have a very high water content.

You should be eating your HEA and HEB's every day and on red and green days the free meat/fish and carbs. You should also be eating your syns.

Let us know how you get on at WI.

I only started SW on tuesday, and i have been so good, eating nothing but fruit, veg, salads - basically all syn free. im not drinking anymore than i usually would but i seem to be peeing twice as much! is this normal!? I asked my mum and she suggested that maybe im losing water at the moment and that the more i pee the more i lose which could be a good thing on weigh in! Is she right!? i asked my friend (we joined SW together) and she isnt having the peeing problem :confused:
I'm a little worried that you are saying you are only eating fruit veg & salad as that not following the plan. Sure, you might lose a fair amount of weight in your first week, but its not sustainable, and its likely you will not lose after that. Even a VLCD would include other foods, and SW is definitely not a VCLD!

A 1/3rd of your food should be fruit/veg/salad. The other 1/3rd should be free foods - eg Meat/Fish/Pasta/Rice/Beans. As Fillymum says, you absolutely should be eating your Healthy Extras & your syns.

Alot of fruit & veg are diaretic - this means they stp you retaining water, and this is probably the reason.

But serious- please eat something other than fruit & veg!!

i am also eating all meats (extra lean and cutting fats off) along with pastas and rice, i eat all free foods with plenty of fruit & veg (something iv never really eaten much of before!). i have a food diary on here, i still need to add yesterdays and todays but you can take a look, see if theres any advice you can offer. il update it when i put the kids to bed and reply back on here (still cant send PMs yet!) so you can check it out for me - thats if you dont mind of course :)

i thought it was just me lol

yep i do seem to be peeing more. i didnt think it was because of all the fruit and veggies i was eating!

i am also eating all meats (extra lean and cutting fats off) along with pastas and rice, i eat all free foods with plenty of fruit & veg (something iv never really eaten much of before!). i have a food diary on here, i still need to add yesterdays and todays but you can take a look, see if theres any advice you can offer. il update it when i put the kids to bed and reply back on here (still cant send PMs yet!) so you can check it out for me - thats if you dont mind of course :)

Don't forget to eat your syns as well as they really are an integral part of this diet :)

Hayley85 said:

Right missus. I've just had a look at your diary & your food is fine.

BUT! Use your syns. You should use AT LEAST 5 a day, average of 10 a day when you start. Lots of reasons why but at a basic level its about teaching you to have a better relationship with food long term. Do you honestly think you can go the rest of your life without having a chocolate bar or a few biscuits, or were you planning to cook with frylight for the rest of your life & only eat 28g of cheese a day & 2 tiny slices of bread? Of course not!! SW is a lifestyle change, but one you can actually have a life with!!!

Also, if you ever have a plateau in your weight loss then you will be told to maybe reduce your syns a little & see if that helps. If it doesn't then you start getting told to cut down your free foods like pasta, rice, meat etc. If you haven't been eating any syns how can you cut them down????

Finally, the name synis misleading. It doesn't have to be naughty foods - you can cook with oil, or have a bit more cheese, or avocado, or nuts or seeds or loads of things!!

Rant over!!!

Great points kingleds :)

i found myself giving in to my syns sunday evening! i had 2 x alpen bars i was on the vodka lol! i knew it wouldnt last long but i think i just wanted a decent first loss! well its my first WI tomorrow so that will reveal all! Im going out saturday night round town with friends so il definately be going over on my syns then! but hopefully i can work off whatever i drink/eat thru dancing!!

It may take a while for your body to adjust to changes, but I hope the above was a figure of speech, or exaggeration. You need your healthy extras, dairy, - yes even some fats and at least a few syns (minimum 5) per day

Sooner or later this will leave you hungry and unsatisfied...

Sorry, that sounded like a lecture lol.

On the plus side everything out does equate to weightloss;)

It might not be down to SW.. You could have a UTI. I have a bladder problem that causes frequent urination & it flares up from time to time. I'd see your GP to get a dipstick test done anyway, just to be on the safe side :)

wow so happy to read this..i tinkle heaps and like 3 times in the night huge amounts lol

i view it as free exercise without thinking of it.. my body forcing me to move!

i put it down to all the water i now drink instead of massive sized mocca's all day

urghh brb need a tinkle........

wow so happy to read this..i tinkle heaps and like 3 times in the night huge amounts lol

i view it as free exercise without thinking of it.. my body forcing me to move!

i put it down to all the water i now drink instead of massive sized mocca's all day

urghh brb need a tinkle........

this made me lol! i like you view on 'exercise without thinking'!

the weeing has died down now, without TMI (sorry!), its now the other! i think its my body detoxing!

Back