Cappuccino with skimmed milk?

wirralmum

Morning all, hope you're well. I weighed in this morning and have lost 8lb in my first week of S&S, woohoo!

Does anybody know if we are allowed a cappuccino from, say, Costa, if we ask for it to be made with skimmed milk (from my allowance, obviously)? I know we can have 'normal' coffee with skimmed milk, but is anything added to cappuccino that wouldn't be allowed? Does anyone know?

Many thanks in advance :)

I have a skinny latte from my Dolce Gusto machine every weekend that I count as my milk allowance as it has 7g of carbs. There is a slightly sweet taste to the froth on top so I suspect there is something in there other than just milk. Can't you ask if they have cals / carbs available?

Just to add that the Costa coffees are in MFP and I reckon that you'd get away with having 1.

I have a skinny latte from my Dolce Gusto machine every weekend that I count as my milk allowance as it has 7g of carbs. There is a slightly sweet taste to the froth on top so I suspect there is something in there other than just milk. Can't you ask if they have cals / carbs available?

Do you know what, until you suggested that I didn't even think of checking with them (d'oh!) Anyway, I've just checked Costa's website and a small cappuccino with skimmed milk has 9.7g of carbs and 64 calories. Is that ok do you think?

Edit: made with soya milk it's only 5.7g carbs and 69 cals - might be a better option?

Because I don't use the milk quota, I've never considered this. What a great idea for a treat!

Because I don't use the milk quota, I've never considered this. What a great idea for a treat!

That's what I thought! I don't use the milk quota either as I don't drink tea and coffee in the house, but I do like to have the odd cappuccino when I'm out and about.

Thats a great one to keep up my slieve for the weekend as a treat every now & then.

I'd count the carbs of whatever else I was having and see whether the 9.7g was within a target of around 60g. I'd probably have protein that day (if you don't already) instead of the 4th pack as pure protein won't have any carbs and you'd keep within your daily limit if you did that. I look forward to my weekend coffee but I don't have it every day. I don't use milk at all unless it's to have a latte :)

I'd count the carbs of whatever else I was having and see whether the 9.7g was within a target of around 60g. I'd probably have protein that day (if you don't already) instead of the 4th pack as pure protein won't have any carbs and you'd keep within your daily limit if you did that.

Good thinking, thanks for that. I'm having four packs a day so could easily swap one pack for a bit of protein one day.

You might not be that carb sensitive but if you found it a stuggle getting into ketosis (I'm lucky in that I don't) then you may not want to risk throwing yourself out for the sake of a coffee however nice it is :)

You might not be that carb sensitive but if you found it a stuggle getting into ketosis (I'm lucky in that I don't) then you may not want to risk throwing yourself out for the sake of a coffee however nice it is :)

I agree - thanks again, I'm still getting to grips with this diet and wouldn't have even thought to substitute a pack for pure protein. If I fancy a coffee one day, that's what I'll do :)

Back