Car boot sales

WelshCake

Silver Member
Anyone else love them?? With the weight loss I have been able to buy myself far more clothes than I would have been able to afford if I had to buy from a shop, yesterday I bought myself 5 Per Una skirts sizes 4 in a size 16 (3 fit 1 is too small) 1 size 14 (too small but I "WILL" get into it) a John Lewis mock-croc bag -brand new- a M&S summer cotton dress, a vest style top still in wrapped, black shrug with a detachable fluffy collar, a pink Per Una real pearls necklace still on the card with £12 price tag on and I had change from a fiver!!!!!:D

The best part is I bought a size 22 Per Una cotton summer dress for £3 last year to slim into, now it is too big I popped it on Ebay it went for over £55!!

Yes, I love car boot sales, used to get some brilliant bargains there, clothes like you say can be very good, new with tags for about £1 each, althogh you do have to get there really early these days as they have become more popular with the recession.

Anyone else love them?? With the weight loss I have been able to buy myself far more clothes than I would have been able to afford if I had to buy from a shop, yesterday I bought myself 5 Per Una skirts sizes 4 in a size 16 (3 fit 1 is too small) 1 size 14 (too small but I "WILL" get into it) a John Lewis mock-croc bag -brand new- a M&S summer cotton dress, a vest style top still in wrapped, black shrug with a detachable fluffy collar, a pink Per Una real pearls necklace still on the card with £12 price tag on and I had change from a fiver!!!!!:D

The best part is I bought a size 22 Per Una cotton summer dress for £3 last year to slim into, now it is too big I popped it on Ebay it went for over £55!!

My kinda girl. My kinda shopping.
Now I just have to learn to do the ebay thing.

I have never thought of car boot sales , i have bought most of my clothes from charity shops as i have been slimming though , may try a car boot or 2 soon :)

You will not be sorry !!!!

Love car boots, charity shops and Ebay - I don't tend to buy my clothes there but do pick up some gorgeous vintage crockery for my ever growing collection! I love a bargain! xxx

i dont want to sound like a snob here but i feel really really funny going to the car boot near me. i must admit i have only been once and the people there were pushing others out of the way and it was just a bizarre experiance. i am not the type to rummage, i dont even go to tkmaxx because the clothes are all over the place.
i would love to go to a car boot sale that is a bit more civilised, maybe i should try a charity shop?!
i do love ebay though and i have had sooo many bargains :)

the nearest one to me is only on sundays and as i work during the week i dont know when any others are. id go if if i could find a nice friendly one :)

Loads of information online about car boot sales and where to find them:

Car boot sales in UK directory listed by local area

Car Boot Sales - Home

Car Boot Sales - Home

If you want a better class of car boot sale, then you have to go to a better class of area!! The best ever is the huge one in September by the river in Henley-on-Thames in aid of the RNLI - just a one-off sale but it has a fantastic atmosphere.

The other one I like is the Sunday morning one at Cheltenham racecourse.

But I have been to some which were very dodgy indeed - there's not really any way of knowing until you get there.

Back