car seats

OOO is this for the baby cat ? :p I am so excited.

(sorry irene couldnt help myself hun :) )

Hi
Go into EBAY the is all different ones for babies age , weight . Rear facing ones are good for new born to three months because you can keep an eye on them in the front seat . My daughter got a second hand one for the baby because they only be in it for 3 months .
Good luck and take care .
Margaret xx

I wouldn't recommend second hand either.... nor second hand cot/basket matteresses either....

If you go to a large Mothercare or Toys R Us they will be able to advise and recommend a good one.... Graco is a good make.... I notice alot of the prams these days have the car seat as an actual attachment which is good cos if means if bubba falls asleep in the car seat you haven't got to fish them out (risking waking them up) to put them in a pram...

Exciting times Irene... I loved the preparation for when we were having our babies ... who are now 13, 8 & 6!!!!

xxx

Has anyone any advice for choosing a car seat for the new baby please.

Irene xx

I have got one that Hannah only used when we travelled to Scotland.......cost £65 from argos.....britax rock a tot si......cant find instructions but is easy to fit if your interested......!!!!

Been trying to sell it but people are wary (rightfully) in case its been involved in accident. Been asking £30-40 for it.

go to halfords...it tells you age ranges on their website and theyll fit certain ones into the car to see what is best suited for you

Go to mothercare the assistants will fit the seats for yu and give you advice.

I have an 8 month old and she is in a Bebe confort creatis it does 3-13kg and is a rear facing 'bucket' type seat. A newborn needs to be rear facing until it is at least 9kg which is around 9-12 months. My baby is only 7.3kg at 8 months so obviously has a bit to go.

Our creatis seat can also be snapped onto our pushchair frame which is handy for a quick nip into the shops and stuff

Catherine went to halfords tonight but didn't find them very helpful. And the assistant in Mamas and Papas said some car seats are too big for a micra

We are going to try our local Halfords tomorrow to see if they are more helpful

Irene xx

I interupted her convo.. so im guessing she was more bothered about getting back to it.. than explaining to me in full.. lol..
basically.. no isofix in my car.. and the carseat with the surefix would be too big.. cos she had a micra.. and couldnt buy one.. cos it was way too big.. and a few people since then have said mamas and papas primmo whatever are big big carseats and dont fit in little cars.. lol.. too complicated for me
x x

there is a fit finder on the britax website. I will try find you the link.

Kitteh - theprima peggerio or whatever is daft nameisis a huge car seat. Do you want a bucket type seat that you take out andinto the house of a seat permenantly in the car so you carry baby out in your arms.

To be honest.. i wouldnt wanna leave a car seat in my car anyways.. not where i live.. lol.. it isnt the best of areas.. im not bothered about it having a base.. dont know if i base would fit all that well..
thanks so much all you guys for your help
x x

Back