Cara's New JUDDDD Diary

ID intermediate day, not quite as low as a DD and not as generous as a UD. Hope this helps

Think ID will turn in to UD as seem to have hungry head on. Got a honeyed carrot soup cooking away in the slow cooker for later (116 cals per serving) which I'll be having with a naan bread (266 yikes) and a dollop of creme fraiche (88)

However, so far today I've had 3 fruit ryvitas (54 per slice)

So that's 632 accounted for. I could swap the naan bread for a few slices of milk roll (47 per slice) but I'm feeling rebellious. And if I'm having a DD tomorrow I need to get the calorie swing ;oD

It's just well cupboards aren't full of biscuits tho...

Soup ended up more calorific than planned. Had to add quite a bit creme fraiche to stop it tasting like something made by Cow & Gate.

Feeling crap regarding my lack of self control today. If we'd had biscuits or crisps in I would've scoffed them. Not good.

Fingers crossed I do better tomorrow

halfangelhalftart said:
Soup ended up more calorific than planned. Had to add quite a bit creme fraiche to stop it tasting like something made by Cow & Gate.

Feeling crap regarding my lack of self control today. If we'd had biscuits or crisps in I would've scoffed them. Not good.

Fingers crossed I do better tomorrow

Hey my dear. I do apologise but ur post did make me chuckle! I hear you on the self control issue, and there will be loads of others who totally empathise. We are still in the v early stages of teachig ourselves new food habits and these things are bound to happen from timeto time. You should. Congratulate yourself in the fact ou didnt get in the car an drive off for crisps an sweets etc. Wait til you see y diary and what i decided to shove in my mouth after having a lovely meal out. Want to slap myself sometimes lol! After each UD so far ive been asking myself 'what did i learn?' an for me yesterday it was that i seiously hve to watch myself when i have had a drink as it totally weakens my will power and makes me want to eat everything and just say f-it! Anyhoo, dont beat yourself up. Next time you will do better xxx

I conclude that whilst we can control what we put inbour bodies, they still damn well do as they please without rhyme or reason sometimes! Jo, i so admire how u just took a different approach and cracked on with things, i guess we will all have to 'tweak' stuff at some point as we know bldies need to be kept guessing-hence this diet! Thanks for sharing xx

Good luck with a more controlled day today.

Cheers peeps. First chance to sit down and having my first coffee of the day. Eek. Resisted lots of temptation shopping for birthday cake for hubby. Browsed through all the American sweets in Fenwick without a wobble and took the boys to Aunty Anne's for pretzels. Which are devine. And no doubt very evil. I didn't even lick my sugary fingers!

I'm a bit annoyed with myself for yesterday. I had said I was having an ID day but if it turned into an UD then so be it. But I still got felt bad about it. Which led to all the usual put downs of how useless I am cos can't even go 2 weeks without breaking the diet.

Ah well. What's done is done. I have 3 bottles if wine in the fridge that I have resisted so proof that I do have some self control! Just not for pasta. Is there a Pasta Anonymous I can join?
;oD

Been feeling v sluggish today with a CBA head on. Is there a full moon due? Maybe the ibuprofen. Pulled muscle between neck and shoulderblade (it's a weak spot - have had physio before for it) but I hate taking painkillers - I have some irrational fear/suspicion of them - but caved in yesterday. Are they known to affect appetite? Will have to Google it.

hey chick your the same as me with the wine and personally if you have three bottles still in your fridge im amazed!!!

Big pat on the back from me xxc

I started yesterday as a DD and it turned into an UD, a really UD, dont let it make you feel guilty.

Half and Half don't even dare going down the blame route. The fab things about this diet is that instead of saying I blew it today might as well fill my face today as well, is that you can just start afresh from the following day without undoing any of the hard work. So keep strong for today then see if you could open some of that wine tomorrow.

You're all right - I need to get passed that old way of thinking. It's what made me stop this diet last time. The psychology of it didn't click straight away and I gave up. It was much quieter here last time time too! So will keep at it. I need to get fit for my boys. I'm not a young mum and so need to at least be fit and active for them.

Hubby's birthday tomorrow - he'll be 42 - the meaning of life and all that - so will open the wine tomorrow. Can't wait. There may be an all you can eat buffet happening too. Woop woop. Reet, going to go jump on the rebounder for a few mins. My new thing was to jump on the rebounder during the ad breaks of whatever I was watching. I was knackered at the end of X Factor. :gimi:However, it seems I tend to watch mostly BBC so not getting on it as much as planned. Oh well. Will do what can. Will try to get up early once back to work but as someone who luurrves their sleep I don't relish the thought of a 5am wake up in order to get a workout done....

Using this on the big pooter for the first time instead of iPhone. Tis very odd. And big haha

halfangelhalftart said:
You're all right - I need to get passed that old way of thinking. It's what made me stop this diet last time. The psychology of it didn't click straight away and I gave up. It was much quieter here last time time too! So will keep at it. I need to get fit for my boys. I'm not a young mum and so need to at least be fit and active for them.

Hubby's birthday tomorrow - he'll be 42 - the meaning of life and all that - so will open the wine tomorrow. Can't wait. There may be an all you can eat buffet happening too. Woop woop. Reet, going to go jump on the rebounder for a few mins. My new thing was to jump on the rebounder during the ad breaks of whatever I was watching. I was knackered at the end of X Factor. :gimi:However, it seems I tend to watch mostly BBC so not getting on it as much as planned. Oh well. Will do what can. Will try to get up early once back to work but as someone who luurrves their sleep I don't relish the thought of a 5am wake up in order to get a workout done....

Using this on the big pooter for the first time instead of iPhone. Tis very odd. And big haha

Lol. I uploaded pics via my laptop and they came out MAHOOSIVE! Was v traumatic given it was me in my smalls!

Just remember (and i do try and tell myself this) rome wasn't built in a day, ergo we cannot change these things over night. If we could none of us would be here! Some lessons take longer to learn but they are the important ones that will last a lifetime. Xx

Caroline_Louise said:
Just remember (and i do try and tell myself this) rome wasn't built in a day, ergo we cannot change these things over night. If we could none of us would be here! Some lessons take longer to learn but they are the important ones that will last a lifetime. Xx

Love these very wise words :D

P x

So, about to nod off. This DD seemed way too easy, especially after my headf*** of a day yesterday!

Hunger pangs were limited and easily staved off by water or coffee. Infact, only had 2 coffees all day!

First and only meal was a squash and chorizo stew from BBC Good Food. http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4824/squash-and-chorizo-stew

Was yum. I love chorizo and didn't think I'd get to have on a DD! Have whizzed up the leftovers with a extra tin of tomatoes to use as a pasta sauce tomorrow.

This diet is making me so much more economical with my food. Will def see benefit when back at work as won't be having to buy lunches.

Birthday cake for brekkie tomorro? Lol. The boys are v excited for balloons.

Sleeeeppp. Zzzzzzzx

Mmm I need to try that meal out, sounds amazing love chorizo. Glad you had an easy DDxx

passionflower said:
Mmm I need to try that meal out, sounds amazing love chorizo. Glad you had an easy DDxx

Me toooo, sounds delish :)

Morning, just catching up. Hope you have a fab day today and Happy Birthday to your Hubby too x You have discovered another side effect of Juddd I see, the fuller purse effect lol, you gotta love a diet that doesn't cost a penny to join, doesn't insist you spend half of the family food budget on shakes just for yourself and actually saves you money, just one of the many reasons to love it x
Have a fun day x

Back