Carb counter

ships

Hi guys
I am new to this site. I started the atkins induction a wk ago and lost only about 3lbs in the first week. A bit disappointed but at least it is a loss. Does anyone know how to calculate net carbs from when there is no polys mentioned?

Hi - this may be the problem - net carbs don't exist in the uk. In America fibre is added to the carb count on their label and they have to subtract it to get 'net' carbs, but in the uk that is all done for us.

Just go by the carb count on the label, don't add or subtract anything or you may be eating too many carbs.

Also, polyols are notorious for making people stall or even gain weight. If you're eating foods with polyols in you're unlikely to lose well.

Hi I have also started on this diet today and from reading some of the posts on here I'm not sure I'll be able to get my carbs right all the time. I am going to stick with simple foods i.e chicken, fish and salads at least until I finish induction and then start experimenting with recipes after that.

Carbs are very easy to get right if you use a tracker like my fitness pal - just input your food and it will tell you your daily carbs. You're aiming to stay under 20g per day, with around 15g minimum coming from allowed vegetables.

Have a look at the newbie FAQ on the main page, it might help.

Back