Carb free/low carb meals

Casg

Hey guys,

I seem to have carbs as the main part if each my meals, obviously breakfast is either toast or cereal which are loaded with carbs, then lunch is normally a sandwich again mainly carbs, then dinner is usually jacket potatoes, rice or pasta... Any ideas of what else I could be having but still keeping it cheap?

X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Eggs are always a good, versatile and, low carb substitute. Either as an omlette with chees or ham or scrambled with mushrooms, or poached with sausages and grilled tomato.

You could always try cauliflower as a substitute dish. I know a few people on here rave about making rice or mash out of cauliflower.

Also for lunch, it is hard to do better than a salad, which you can knock together in two seconds. I am personally a big fan of lettuce leaf wraps, with all the fillings you would have in a sandwich but no bread.

Thank you, lettuce wraps actually sound lovely!, and never thought about omelettes either :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Tinned fish, I love tuna/ pink samon with loads of salad. Also I eat a lot of 0 pp omelettes . Just egg whites, onion, mushroom and pepper. With some tinned toms over the top. Also some reduced fat cheese can be added 30g for 2pp.

Back