Step 1 Sole Source + Carb Junkie Going Cold Turkey

Hi Fay, excuse me gate crashing the CD forum, I'm an Exante meal replacement diet girl! Have been looking at your diary, you and your wife have done brilliantly. I've been doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD and found it brilliant. You're supposed to do 10 days on each of the 3 levels but I've done 30 days on each level as it took me so long to master each stage! Now I alternate between the different levels to get some variety. I can really tell a difference in my legs and bum and on my arms. Stomach feels more toned underneath but still too much jelly on top to be able to see the effects yet!! Anyway, just thought I would mention the shred as a 30 day challenge idea. DVD was about 6 quid of amazon. And, if you fancy a change, I can recommend the Exante meals... Their shepherds pie is yummy! x

Firstly congrats on your stats....over 6 stone is amazing!!

I think I will give 30 day shred a go and do what you did with the steps...think it would take me longer to build up through them than a week.

I am officially a size 14 on the top half!! Although I didn't buy much, Nic and I spent ages in Debenhams on Saturday trying on lots of clothes. Neither of us know what style of jeans really suit us so we just picked random ones and gave them a go....none seems to fit exactly how I wanted them so will have to keep trying. I did try on some really nice coats but there isn't much point in my getting one at the moment because it will go in storage in 2 months and then even longer in the Summer when our travels begin.

A size 14 top means I am ALMOST at my goal of getting to a 14! Just the tummy to go now. I am only just a 16 so still some way to go yet but hopefully I can get there by maybe the end of April...(as think it will take another 2 stone).

You've done soooo well! Size 14... hmmmm... I dream of getting there! We started our diets similar time so I had been looking at how you were doing with Cambridge. I started in a size 24/26 and now in an 18 and really pleased with that. So nice to just pick up a size 18 pair of jeans and know they'll fit. We're off on holiday end of June so hoping to have shifted another 3 stones by then. I had some issues with hair shedding around November time so started introducing some conventional food which slowed my weight loss right down but also slowed down the hair shedding so was worth it. Put 5lb on over Christmas but that has come off now and feeling really motivated to sort these last few stones out once and for all.

Bet it's been good having your other half on the plan too so you can encourage each other.

I don't know about you, but for me it's been great starting this year with 4 stones to lose instead of 10 stones to lose - it feels a lot more achieveable and less daunting and I really feel I will do it this time. (so many failed diet attempts behind me..).

Congratulations again, well deserved... A SIZE 14!!!

You've done soooo well! Size 14... hmmmm... I dream of getting there! We started our diets similar time so I had been looking at how you were doing with Cambridge. I started in a size 24/26 and now in an 18 and really pleased with that. So nice to just pick up a size 18 pair of jeans and know they'll fit. We're off on holiday end of June so hoping to have shifted another 3 stones by then. I had some issues with hair shedding around November time so started introducing some conventional food which slowed my weight loss right down but also slowed down the hair shedding so was worth it. Put 5lb on over Christmas but that has come off now and feeling really motivated to sort these last few stones out once and for all.

Bet it's been good having your other half on the plan too so you can encourage each other.

I don't know about you, but for me it's been great starting this year with 4 stones to lose instead of 10 stones to lose - it feels a lot more achieveable and less daunting and I really feel I will do it this time. (so many failed diet attempts behind me..).

Congratulations again, well deserved... A SIZE 14!!!

Where are you going in June?

I also put on 5lb over Christmas but according to my CD consultant scales it's gone again but I'm not certain I believe that as I weighed myself the morning before I saw her and weighed MORE than my evening weigh in amount which is really unusual! Unually I take my morning weight and add 2-3lb and that's my 'official' weight so to go DOWN is WEIRD!

I am a comfortable 16 in jeans and only just a 16 in smart/work trousers so hoping that a couple of stone and I should be a 14 all around!

It is good having Nic on the diet as well but there are times when we are a bad influence on each other, especially recently. 1 month exactly until our holiday so a big push to lose what we can between now and then. Up'ed the food a little but also up'ed the exercise so hopefully working towards toning so as much as I would love to lose a stone before the holiday I would prefer to lose inches

Very much feel like falling asleep at my desk right now....

I have taken to doing one or two push ups (the fake kind where you are leaning on something like a wall or table top) each time I go to the bathroom at work so it's good that the quantity of water means I have to go quite often! Done more than my 4 I have to do as part of the challenge already...next time I might do some of my 25 lunges....!

Last edited:
Another mini-goal update:

Ultimate Goal: Reach a size 14 trouser size

Mini Goals:

[STRIKE]Lose 1 stone
Lose 2 stone
Lose 3 stone
Lose 4 stone[/STRIKE]
Lose 5 stone
Lose 6 stone
Lose 7 stone

[STRIKE]Reach the 16s
Reach the 15s
Reach the 14s
Reach the 13s
Reach the 12s[/STRIKE]
Reach the 11s
Reach the 10s
Reach 10 stone!

[STRIKE]Reach size 20
Reach size 18[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Reach size 16[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]Have a BMI < 35
Have a BMI < 30 (No Longer "Obese")[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Have a BMI < 28 (Can be a consultant - if I want)[/STRIKE]
Have a BMI < 25 (No Longer "Overweight")

[STRIKE]Weigh less than 200lb[/STRIKE]
Have a visible collarbone
Only have one chin
No longer have what my wife calls "a pouch"

Wow lady you have done sooo well this far :D extra proud of you on the exercise front :)

Going to have to start spreading out the 30 challenge exercises towards the end of the month to a few times a day....don't think I could do 150 lunges in one go!!! Yesterday I took to doing push ups and lunges when ever I went for a bathroom break. It's actually a shame there is no where I can go to do some of the other ones as I could do some during my lunch break. It's ok to do a few lunges in an empty hallway but think a sit up might be a bit harder to explain if anyone walks in...!

Bit scared of the Day 30 Wall Sit challenge....300 seconds!!!

I'm loving them the fact you can split them up and still get a result is brilliant :) squats today is 130 got 50 left to go I spilt them in to sets of 20 :) the wall sits I do in 30/40 second bursts (sometimes more depending how wobbly my legs get) the crunches I just do in one go, push ups (I don't even think I can call em that) I do as many as I can... I might just switch the "girly" version and do on my knees because I'm find proper ones so difficult (think I get down about an inch) :/ but anything is better than nothing! :)

Where are you going in June?

I also put on 5lb over Christmas but according to my CD consultant scales it's gone again but I'm not certain I believe that as I weighed myself the morning before I saw her and weighed MORE than my evening weigh in amount which is really unusual! Unually I take my morning weight and add 2-3lb and that's my 'official' weight so to go DOWN is WEIRD!

I am a comfortable 16 in jeans and only just a 16 in smart/work trousers so hoping that a couple of stone and I should be a 14 all around!

It is good having Nic on the diet as well but there are times when we are a bad influence on each other, especially recently. 1 month exactly until our holiday so a big push to lose what we can between now and then. Up'ed the food a little but also up'ed the exercise so hopefully working towards toning so as much as I would love to lose a stone before the holiday I would prefer to lose inches

Very much feel like falling asleep at my desk right now....

We're off to Corfu for 10 days end of June/early July... can't wait! I worked on Corfu for a summer about 10 years ago and have a soft spot for the island.

We were went to stay with friends in Fuerteventura last weekend (Thursday to Sunday) which was good, first time I'd flown for ages and it was great to have room left in the seat belt instead of it cutting me in two, and for the seat arms to be down without digging into my thighs.

I feel great, but am still heavier than your starting weight Fay!

Yeah, I guess if you are both being 'good' then it is okay, but if one is being tempted to eat it must be tricky to stay strong and not give in. Where are you off to on your hols?

I put on 5lb while in Fuerteventura for 4 days, but I knew most would be fluid and sure enough, the next day I was 4lbs lighter, and today another 3lbs lighter... so 7lbs lighter than I was on Monday. I do think women's body's are weird when it comes to weight! Been just sticking to shakes this week to give myself a boost. Feeling really motivated and focussing on getting to the end goal now. Would be amazing if I could get to goal by the time I go away but think I might be pushing it a bit. 22 weeks until we go so would need to lose a minimum of 2.5lbs a week to do it - which doesn't sound too bad but bound to slow down the closer I get.

I have a lovely new size 16 coat hanging up on the outside of the wardrobe door as motivation. It now meets in the middle but is too snug to fasten.

I'm in a comfy size 18 top and bottom but, like you, aiming to get down to a 14... I'd be more than happy with that.

x

We're off to Corfu for 10 days end of June/early July... can't wait! I worked on Corfu for a summer about 10 years ago and have a soft spot for the island.

We were went to stay with friends in Fuerteventura last weekend (Thursday to Sunday) which was good, first time I'd flown for ages and it was great to have room left in the seat belt instead of it cutting me in two, and for the seat arms to be down without digging into my thighs.

I feel great, but am still heavier than your starting weight Fay!

Yeah, I guess if you are both being 'good' then it is okay, but if one is being tempted to eat it must be tricky to stay strong and not give in. Where are you off to on your hols?

I put on 5lb while in Fuerteventura for 4 days, but I knew most would be fluid and sure enough, the next day I was 4lbs lighter, and today another 3lbs lighter... so 7lbs lighter than I was on Monday. I do think women's body's are weird when it comes to weight! Been just sticking to shakes this week to give myself a boost. Feeling really motivated and focussing on getting to the end goal now. Would be amazing if I could get to goal by the time I go away but think I might be pushing it a bit. 22 weeks until we go so would need to lose a minimum of 2.5lbs a week to do it - which doesn't sound too bad but bound to slow down the closer I get.

I have a lovely new size 16 coat hanging up on the outside of the wardrobe door as motivation. It now meets in the middle but is too snug to fasten.

I'm in a comfy size 18 top and bottom but, like you, aiming to get down to a 14... I'd be more than happy with that.

x

We are taking a year off work and the challenge is to get to Singapore overland via. the Trans Mongolian Railway...through China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Burma, Malaysia, Singapore! Then hop over to Indonesia and Phillipines as well, with Taiwan if we have time!

I bet Corfu will be amazing! I'm sure you will be closer than you think before you start slowing down enough to not meet your target of 2.5lb a week! I only haven't been meeting my own ones because I haven't been doing things 100% (but it's SO HARD!!!! *in a very whiny voice*). It's a great feeling when you aren't squished into seats anymore. And I intentionally did my seat belt up really tight on the plane to Berlin so I could see how before it would harly fit and now it's got THIS MUCH (picture hands spaced 6 inches apart) spare!!!

Last edited:
10 of my lunges done for the day. Only another 25 to go!! A 40 second wall sit and 20 tricep dips and that's it! It's a rest day for everything else...though I might do one or two push up attempts as I have yet to do even a girly one. Aim to do do them off something lower and lower each day, though my colleague suggested using a pilates ball to help by doing push ups with the ball at the waist area and the stronger I get the closer to my feet I put the ball <- makes sense just don't want to buy the ball :p

Following my 30 challenges yesterday I felt like I should do something that actually works up a sweat so did 25 minutes on the exercise bike. I concentrated on peddling really fast rather than what I usually do which is to put it on the highest resistence and go slower...meaning I ended up sweating a bit! Going to TRY and go for a run this weekend as well!

Also...it's pay day tomorrow!!!!! Woohoo!!!! Finally!!! January is a rediculously long month (or has felt like it this time around).

Had a cheeky weigh in and not changed at all from last week and not sure if I am dissappointed about that or not. I know muscle weighs more than fat so can't decide if it's due to the exercise or just a rubbish week?!? I do feel like I have lost a bit in inches and today am a little bloated so I know it all contributes in some way.

We are taking a year off work and the challenge is to get to Singapore overland via. the Trans Mongolian Railway...through China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Burma, Malaysia, Singapore! Then hop over to Indonesia and Phillipines as well, with Taiwan if we have time!

I bet Corfu will be amazing! I'm sure you will be closer than you think before you start slowing down enough to not meet your target of 2.5lb a week! I only haven't been meeting my own ones because I haven't been doing things 100% (but it's SO HARD!!!! *in a very whiny voice*). It's a great feeling when you aren't squished into seats anymore. And I intentionally did my seat belt up really tight on the plane to Berlin so I could see how before it would harly fit and now it's got THIS MUCH (picture hands spaced 6 inches apart) spare!!!

Jeez, that's some trip! My 10 days in Corfu pales into insignificance next to that corker! What an amazing experience for you both... am very envious!

Ha ha... I did the same with the seat belt... was cutting me in two but the extra bit of spare was impressive so worth it!

Another 2lbs off according to my scales this morning, feeling back in control at the moment. But yes, it is HARD!! Was soooo hungry yesterday but managed to not cave in, then the loss on the scales this morning made it feel worth the effort. Did my 30 day shred DVD this morning and also going to a body pump class tonight so will be achey tomorrow.

Has your big trip been the motivation to lose weight? How long until you go?

x

Jeez, that's some trip! My 10 days in Corfu pales into insignificance next to that corker! What an amazing experience for you both... am very envious!

Ha ha... I did the same with the seat belt... was cutting me in two but the extra bit of spare was impressive so worth it!

Another 2lbs off according to my scales this morning, feeling back in control at the moment. But yes, it is HARD!! Was soooo hungry yesterday but managed to not cave in, then the loss on the scales this morning made it feel worth the effort. Did my 30 day shred DVD this morning and also going to a body pump class tonight so will be achey tomorrow.

Has your big trip been the motivation to lose weight? How long until you go?

x

2lb is great...my scales last night said I had put 2lb on :-( I kind of know it's all because I have been building up a bit of muscle but I dind't want the scales to move in the wrong direction!!!! I hoped I could lose maybe 1lb in the whole week. Official weigh in this evening so we will see where I am then. Hoped I would have reached the 5 stone mark by now. With our trip to New York in 4 weeks time I was hoping to maybe have got another half a stone (or even better) by then.

I can't really pin point an exact reason for making the decision to do something about my weight but travel plans did contribute a fair amount. When on my honeymoon last year in New Zealand I found there were a few things that I wouldn't have been able to do (if I had wanted to) because of my weight like bungee jump, zorb (the proper kind not hydro zorbing) and think I boarded on the limits for sky diving!! We both came back and continued to put more weight on but when travel plans began to form properly I was left thinking about if I would be comfortable in such hot countries at the weight I was, or what if I just couldn't cut a hike on the Great Wall of China??? That combined with facing shelling out again to replace the expensive clothes I had bought less than 3 months before because they had gotten too small already (when we were trying to save for travels) was the push we finally needed and for once we have managed to stick to it!

We depart at the end of June (but the date keeps creeping forward so that could change) so another 5 months which when you put it like that is virtually no time at all!!!!

Oh Fay, how frustrating - I feel your pain! It's only seeing those losses that keeps me motivated. Try and stick with it this week and all being well you should have a better loss next week.

When I started working out regularly my weight loss slowed right down but then picked up again. Don't be too disheartened.

We ate out last night at Zizzi and I did quite well... still had a starter - a gorgeous pot of melted gorgonzola with warm bread - but shared it with OH. Then for my main I had a 'skinny' pizza which was 500 cals, with salad. Just drank fizzy water but did have a spoonful of my OHs pud which was a chocolate and banana calzone with ice cream. It was delicious.

Big week this week as out on Wednesday night, my birthday on Thursday, then out Friday and Saturday night as step daughters 17th birthday. Will be sticking to shakes only between those as hoping to be in the 16s next week. Was bang on 17 stones this morning, only 4lb to reaching 100lb loss.

Hope you have a good week Fay and that nobody is eating fish and chips in the office this week!

x

Back