Step 1 Sole Source + Carb Junkie Going Cold Turkey

Ok so maybe I overreacted a bit to not having lost any weight for two weeks when I hadn't had my official weigh in...I LOST 4LB!!!!!!

Yayyyy! Well done, such a great feeling and gives you such motivation to keep going. Hope you have a great week x

Being honest this weekend should have gone better on the diet front. We bought some food on Friday evening to have because I was really really grumpy that it took me 3 hours to go from work -> consultants -> home!! The problem is that if we don't eat the food in one night then it tends to sit there calling us and we had a bit of it on Saturday and Sunday (it = garlic bread)

We did do a good amount of exercise over the weekend to offset some of the badness but I'm just wondering why every oppertunity I give myself to have a little of something rather than dip a toe in I jump off the board and have a good swim around. Food still controls me to some level. I am wondering if the diet has gotten too restrictive? But the results are SO GOOD that I don't want to come off it yet.

Yesterday was our "Climb an Icon" event that my mum bought us for Christmas and the lady gave us both jump suits sized S!!!! Yay!!! If that isn't enough of a focus point to keep going I don't know what is.

Please please someone kick my ass into gear!!!!! The problem is that I don't feel guilty but I wish I did as then it might stop me from carrying on this way!

So last night was day 1 of operation "Burn Off the Garlic Bread"!! 1 hour each on the exercise bike which towards the end I struggled with but glad I managed it. The calorie counter on the bike I don't really think is accurate but I can say that in both 30min intervals I was very red faced and dripping with sweat (lovely) so that MUST have been good for me.

Already not looking forward to todays hour! I am working from home on Thursday so I can at least spread it out over the whole day rather than between 7 and 11 like other nights.

Going back and reviewing the weekend: Friday, Saturday and Sunday we both did really well up until about 7-8pm when we crumbled! We even took bars/tetras out with us during the day. What can I do to help me with the evening meals? I was thinking that maybe on those three nights maybe I should have a step 4 meal or something? The big problem is that in order to make something healthy we have to go to the supermarket and get things. We tend not to get anything to have in the flat because either it's there to tempt us too much or we don't want it to go off because of how little we use of it. There is also the added cost of the food because our budget kind of lets us either have products or food so the flat is usually very empty. What was my point again??? Supermarkets: bad! Can't deal with them right now!!

Wow a whole 5 days without an update on here!?! That's a pretty long time for me. So what started off as a really good week with lots of exercise and sticking with the step 2 meals I got to Thursday evening after Nic had her weigh in and was feeling pretty sorry for myself all bunged up with a cold so we kind of had some pasta and sauce as well as some crisps. The only plus you can take from that really was that we have half the amount we would usually have eaten.

Friday was a planned break evening anyway as we wanted to go out and celebrate my promotion. I was quite surprised how little we could eat. We ordered 4 dishes at a Chinese restaurant and maybe ate about half of it (and two dishes put on one plate would equal an average sized meal). So it was as if we were having a SS+ sized meal!

So with all those negatives I am happy to end this post with one EPICLY BIG positive....this was the first weekend in nearly two months where we lasted both Saturday AND Sunday on the diet!! Feeling even more determined to get through this week for my final weigh in before New York!

(I didn't have my weigh in this Friday just gone as I was off work ill but my scales at home put me as the same)

I really want to try and get 3lb off this week! I would be extatic with that! This woud mean that I officially weigh less than 12 stone, have lost a total of 5.5 stone but more importantly I would have lost a stone since Christmas!!!! I know I was winging a lot for a past month about slow losses and giving in far too frequently but a stone since Christmas isn't that bad when you really think about it! It would be technically a month and a half (all be it a LONG month and a half) but it does go to show that it is still going in the right direction overall and I haven't completely frozen at one weight. That would in all average out to about 2-3lb a week.

Yesterday was quite busy at work (for once) but it did mean that I had very little time to think about food and dieting from about 11 onwards and time flew by. Those kinds of days are great!

Was feeling somewhat lackluster towards the diet yesterday evening but somehow managed to stick with just a step 2 meal and my usual 3 products. It helps having nothing at all in the flat to eat other than chicken.

Crossing everything for a loss this week. 3 more days (not including today).

I'm trying to work out what to do for Valentines day this year. Usually we would go out for dinner but for obvious reasons that won't be happening this year. While I know that a break is sometimes ok with the big trip to New York next week (eek...so close!) and our recent food escapades then we both want to try really hard to have a "good" final week and a half...including Valentines day.

One thing we were thinking about was maybe cooking something that is a step 3/4 meal but I'm not sure what I would make.

Every time I use the scales at home they are 1-2lb above what my last weigh in came out as :-( this is day 4 treat free but I don't see how I can get to 11 stone 11 in the next 3 days. Wish there was a magic solution. Praying to the diet gods at the moment that my lack of movement since last Friday is all due to TOTM.

I haven't really done any exercise since last Tuesday (pre-cold) and wonder if I should be starting that again. For the past 2 days I have been walking about 20 minutes each way to the station as there is no point getting a travelcard until Friday (post possible strike).

My CDC was talking about a duck breast cooked in soy sauce step 3 meal that shes recommending people for VD?

You could try that?

Just keep drinking your water and it'll budge don't worry too much.. Vacation time soon too I am so jealous!

I'm now onto step two so chicken marinated in chilli, garlic, coriander and pepper with cauliflower rice.. Yum!

Keep your head up lovely! You've done so well!

I have a day off CD on Saturday as its my 10 year anniversary and my other half wants to take me out. My CDC is worried I won't get back into it but I always do so she needs to stop panicking already haha..

Great about you having lost so many inches!!

Think I have decided about what to do for valentines day....chicken fajitas (not using a prepared packet so I have control over what is in it)! That way it can mostly be protien and veggies...and hopefully limit ourselves to two wholemeal wraps as our "treat" given it is Valentine's Day after all...! It's a meal you can make as good or as bad as you want really...to make it worse you can add some guacamole or sour cream or cheese...but you can keep it light by just having chicken, peppers and a wrap.

I kind of want to see if I can make the guacamole I had in a restaurant in NY (Dos Caminos) as I have the recipe on a magnet that I got during my last visit....umming and ahhing over if I should or not...?!? Dos Caminos | Dos Caminos' Famous Guacamole Recipe

I never used to like guacamole until I had this one! I went and bought everything I needed yesterday and even managed to get hold of some Haas avocados like the recipe suggests! Go Sainsburys!

Weigh in day today! Eeeek! I kind of feel like I am smaller even if the scales don't agree and I have been getting a few comments about "have some lunch...you are wasting away even more" from colleagues :) (said in jest of course not to offend). Still about 1.5 stone remaining!!! Of that another 9lb and I will have a BMI under 25!!!!! My next big goal with my consultant is to reach 11st3 (a nice round 6 stone) and then we will review where to go next.

Yay for pre-holiday weight!!!

Feeling very restless today. Been reading threads from other diets where people lose weight by exercising...what kind of novel idea is this?? :p I am pretty rubbish on the gym front...I can't justify getting a gym membership and then only going for a week like I have done so many times before!! I would love to get properly into running...and actually enjoy it and be able to go out for 30 minutes. I have been thinking a lot recently about our upcomming trip (12 months) and what I can do to try and manage my weight while away. While we plan on doing lots of walking while away (as we always do) that's offset by the increased food quantity and potentially quality (not to mention the alcohol consumption). However, I could potentially have food poisoning regularly so that might actually help the weigh maintenance through unconventional and means that are not encouraged or pleasent! IF I managed to get into running in the next 4 months then I could get up and go for runs on my travels...I think going for a run along Thai beaches or around Honk Kong city paks would be pretty awesome!! Need someone to push me into it though as Nic's not exactly committed to the whole running thing even though I know she would really like to get into it properly as well.

Considering running from the train station home (usally a 20 minute walk) but then I make excuses about how cold/wet/miserable the weather is. Need someone near by to be like "Oi...we are going for a run in 15 mins...go get ready!"

I knowwww I am so happy lol.. Another stone to go and i'm done!
Enjoying step 2 at the moment.. Had chickpea burgers which were so yum.

Healthy eating and gym is a good maintenance but not great for losing weight.. It's SO slow like maybe 1lb a week..
BUT when you go travelling if you ran everyday you can justify not always eating great or drinking..

I wanna get more into running once I reach my weight.. Deffo!

xoxo

I would say I will give running a go this weekend! Force myself to go....but I already know that's a pipe dream. When the choice is going out in the cold or staying in in the warm it's tough to get motivated.

Everyone: I give permission for you all to kick my ass (verbally) if I do not go for a 20 minute run this weekend!!!! PLEEEEASE!

Back