Step 1 Sole Source + Carb Junkie Going Cold Turkey

Yep...this is me as well :)

I'm feeling much better today because I am back in the office and I know I have a routine here that I will be able to stick to. It's the unknown unknown's of social events that I'm not doing great with. No more social events for 4.5 weeks though so fingers crossed I can make it another stone+ between now and then.

EEASY!!! :)

I'm not sure why I have a headache today. Maybe it's the dullness of returning to work after a day off or maybe it's diet related, there isn't really anyway to know.

What I have been noticing is that my concentration at work has been waivering since starting the diet. I go through periods of about an hour when I am really productive and get a lot done but then most of the time I am distracted looking at either this site or shopping sites or travel sites etc. To be fair I think most of the time is thinking about being thinner and how much I would need to lose to go down a clothes size.

I can feel my clothes getting bigger and my tops are getting baggier. My sides I think is where it is noticable so that's what's making my trousers more comfortable but in terms of my stomach I think that's pretty much the same. I have before photos taken by my consultant but I think I might take some of my own later as my shirt in those photos was quite big anyway (not exactly skin tight) and I need some better ones of the area that I am really trying to get rid of.

If my headache clears up I might go for my very first run later after work. You all have permission to tell me off if I don't! I kind of want to not tell Nic or anyone about it and see how I do on my own first as Nic used to run and I am not up for running with her just yet.

Nic has started getting people at work complimenting her and asking if she has lost weight which is great :)

You will enjoy a wee run it will make you feel loads better! I'm going again in the morning :) good for her :D you won't be far behind

13.3 start weight 11.2 right now and going inwards and onwards! x

You will enjoy a wee run it will make you feel loads better! I'm going again in the morning :) good for her :D you won't be far behind

Unfortunately I didn't finish work until 7 so didn't get a chance for a run...

Ah never mind, always next time :D

:D awesome you both have something to look forward to, don't blow all the hard work though stay sensible and strong!

Less than a month to go until Nic's birthday! Whoop whoop!

It's also Nic's weigh in today so fingers crossed for her (especially after our burger and chips on Friday night) but we are back in ketosis now and well and truely motivated...since Monday/Tuesday when I felt grumpy pretty much all day for having my salad on Monday things have been pretty good :)

I have been really busy with work so that's kept my mind off food. Since the diet I have found concentrating difficult but today I have pretty much been non-stop and the first time I looked at the clock it was already 2! I have been working on a project for the past year and we have just been given 2/3 months to clean up some technical debt and improve performance of our application etc. and I have had loads of ideas on what we can do so spent the day writing an analysis of what we could do and what the benifits would be. I like my job way toooo much for it to be normal :) I could bore you all to tears!!! That's my queue to stop really.

I hope nics wi was a good one! Hey if you like you're job it can't feel like work right? Good going getting back on track :)

I have my weigh in today after breaking the diet last Friday evening and a little break on Monday.

Throughout the diet I haven't been tempted to weigh myself and up until last week (when I weighed the day when Nic found out she had lost 6lb that week as I wanted to know roughly where I would fall) I haven't weighed myself at all. For some reason my dissappointment at losing 2lb and not more has me weighing myself on an almost daily basis to see if I am over the 2lb mark yet this week. I think I might just about be over 2lb but not by much. Why has my weigh loss slowed down so much? At this rate it will take 7 weeks to lose a stone which I know overall is a good loss I just wish it would hurry up and come off :-(

:( mine has been the same 1 or 2lb a week since week 3. Maybe you need slightly more calories?

Well done :D keep it up

:( mine has been the same 1 or 2lb a week since week 3. Maybe you need slightly more calories?

I will give it another couple of weeks as I think such a good loss was due to me coming out of ketosis and coming back into it again...only 4 weeks until our planned break so might review after that...but by that point we are almost at our 12 week limit anyway!

So happy :)

:) well hopefully you will keep at the good losses! I've just been invited for birthday drinks next weekend I'd love to go but terrified at the same time as I only know the guy who's birthday it is and not sure I can avoid a drink :s

Feeling really good today: only 3lb off the 2 stone marker!!

I walked home from the consultants yesterday (3 miles) and I walked Nic to London Bridge and back this afternoon as she is off to the football (6 miles total). I know it's not exactly cardio but better than nothing :-D

On top of that I'm finding I'm not as obsessed with food as I have been in previous weeks. I was constantly thinking of the foods I wanted to have but couldn't but now I feel when it comes to reaching my target I might have a chance at seeing food the same way normal people do. I'm sure I'm just talking too soon as its still early days but right now I feel like from Tuesday I have been gaining momentum

Looking in the mirror last night it seems like my belly button has been changing shape so even though I don't feel like I am any smaller yet that is a sigh that I am...as strange as that will sound to everyone...

Back