Step 1 Sole Source + Carb Junkie Going Cold Turkey

Hehe well busy is good keeps you from thinking food :) and half way tomorrow :) you can do it

13.3 start weight 11.2 right now and going inwards and onwards! x

I got a bit hungry today and had my bar an hour and a half before I usually do so hopefully it doesn't put my whole routine out of whack! I'm quite tempted to go for a walk this lunch time as for the past few days I have been so busy that my keyboard had smoke coming from it at the speed of my typing!!

Currently I am feeling pretty bloated and feel like I want to "go" but can't...it's been a couple of days feeling like this and the last time I "went" was on Saturaday after taking some Dulcolax. I have been keeping hydrated (3+ litres a day). It seems les the tablets get less effective each time I use them which is quite strange...! I have used them 3 times I think in the 7.5 weeks so it's not like I am popping them like sweets or anything...

I mentioned to my consultant where I am taking Nic for her Birthday and she said it was her favourite restaurant in London and she can't recommend anything I should be eating on the menu. It's still another 2.5 weeks away but I am already counting down to it! Her "advice" kind of reminds me how little I actually talk to her about my issues. She is very supportive and motivational but I don't really think its the kind of support I am after...I couldn't tell her if I really broke the diet like I have done a couple of times...

Sorry just catching up now... At the end of the day we are only human. Do you feel you are learning from you're mistakes? Making better choices than you would have previously? If yes then that's absolutely fantastic and leaps and bounds in the righ direction! With the councillor She/he is part of the service use and abuse them :) maybe changed CDC if you don't click with this one? It's about you, you're happiness and well-being, you know you deserve this you owe it to you're self! You have the strength inside of you look at what you have achieved so far x

Sorry just catching up now... At the end of the day we are only human. Do you feel you are learning from you're mistakes? Making better choices than you would have previously? If yes then that's absolutely fantastic and leaps and bounds in the righ direction! With the councillor She/he is part of the service use and abuse them :) maybe changed CDC if you don't click with this one? It's about you, you're happiness and well-being, you know you deserve this you owe it to you're self! You have the strength inside of you look at what you have achieved so far x

I quite like my consultant (much better than my previous one!) but doesn't mean I think I can tell her when I haven't stuck to the diet 100%. I think it's more shame rather than anything she has done or said

Struggling today...I think it was because I had the bar for breakfast rather than lunch or dinner and it's made me really miss food. Once 1ish hit I really started to feel hungry!

5 days until the new GTA game and it's 16 days until Nic's birthday so lots to look forward to that should hopefully keep my mind busy.

I think its just a hungry day! Absolutely starving today for the first time so far !
Love your diary, really good to read about people getting back on track xxx

I think its just a hungry day! Absolutely starving today for the first time so far !

I think it was partially to do with the guy sitting next to me eating his lunch of burger and chips at his desk :p I am feeling a bit better now

I think it was partially to do with the guy sitting next to me eating his lunch of burger and chips at his desk :p I am feeling a bit better now

Well think of all the things you are looking forward to :D it really is a hungry day tbh felt ravenous all day! I'm hoping its down to a metabolism increase lol x

I have been really wanting something satisfying for dinner recently so I decided to try and spice up my grilled turkey/chicken by making it into a soup. I know you must all think that's crazy given the amount of liquid already being consumed but I don't really like any of the packet ones so stick with shakes...

I am still on the SS+ step so thankfully I get something meaty and I covered the diced chicken in a pan with water and mushrooms (asparagus and/or leeks and/or spring onions are also good additions) and added some pepper and other spices like chilli and a bit of curry powder etc. and it was quite nice. I good change. Nic even had some with me as it tasted good...she was planning on straining out the meat and veg for her meal and leaving me the liquid)

nic had her weigh in today and has lost 2lb. I think she feels ok about it. Me personally find it difficult to deal on the low weeks but she has had problems going to the toilet since Saturday so it could be down to that. She seems quite happy which means I am happy also :)

The menu tomorrow is asparagus with soft boiled eggs! I worked as a chef to help me pay for university and learnt the best way to cook asparagus...
1. I never knew where to cut the bottom off at for asparagus but actually you don't cut the end off at all....you take each end and bend it...where it snaps is the natural point of ripeness....
2. Boil in water for 1 minute (although the temptation is to leave it longer trust me....this gives them a perfect balence of bite and flavour)
3. After the minute on the boil drain and if you are serving straight away then great...add you pepper etc. now and serve. If you and not eating now then you must cool the asparagus down rapidly by washing in cold water constantly until cold OR give it an ice bath. You don't want to let it carry on cooking and lose that lovely bite!

I honestly hated asparagus before as it was always boiled to death, floppy and maybe even a bit mushy...

Hehe :) whatever gets you through :) Agree on the asparagus thing it's not nice boiled to death(same with most vege IMO)never used to like it but now its my fave!! I didn't know about snapping it I've just been chopping and throwing on the grill pan lol :)

Grill pans are great! I didn't read the care instructions when I bought mine though...meaning everything would stick to it...when starting the diet I "re-seasoned" it and it was much better and really good for turkey steaks etc....until my flat mate was trying to be nice and washed it up but scrubbed off the non-stickyness I had just added. I repeated the "re-seasoning" but I haven't really given it a go yet....maybe this weekend...

I'm sure you'll have done just fine!

And the results are in for another week: 3lb :)

I am quite happy about that as this week clothes were feeling a little baggier (but not by much) and I really wanted the 1lb to reach my mini-goal of 2 stone lost!! I am now just 1lb away from getting under 15 stone as well!!

Even with so much weight lost my trouser size is still the same...I tried on a few options for the size below and I "almost" fit in them....another inch needed I think...

Good going keep it up! :D

It's the start of another week but I'm kind of glad I have another 5 days of routine before the next weekend starts again.

After a difficult Saturday my Sunday was much easier to manage. I played around with some food experiments and did some cleaning which kept me busy!

Sent from my LT26i using MiniMins.com mobile app

You'll do great, I know you're having some difficult days but you're doing so well :) x

Back