Step 1 Sole Source + Carb Junkie Going Cold Turkey

Thank you all :)

Some even more good news: Nic lost 10lbs this week!!!!! That's a cray loss!! She is only a mere 2lb away from 5 stone. The better thing is that it really seems to have remotivated her so I look forward to her determination pushing me on and let's see if we can both lose 5 stone by Christmas (or maybe New Year).

Feel like I should post something but I am not sure what....

It's weigh in time in 1.5 hours and this day is really dragging. Feeling somewhat bloated even though I haven't been having any bowel problems this week...I might have to start with the Cambridge Fibre as I seem to only be able to go when I have taken something to assist. Rather than wait until I need to take something maybe I should be a bit more pro-active!

Another 5lb in the bag this week so very happy with that. My scales said I had reached the 5 stone mark but I know it is always fibbing by about 2-3lb but I'm on target for 5 stone by Christmas so very very happy. :)

Its going to to be a tough week but really making one final pre-Christmas push. If I can make it to 5 stone and keep it until the New Year then it will have been a very successful time!

off to do some more packing...not long and flat mate free! Yay!

I have to say today is going to be rather unproductive at work...sitting counting down the clock until it's time for home. I do have my first meeting regarding my eod of year review and not really sure what I have achieved in the last 12 months. There is the usual work deliveries but for some reason the focus is always "what else...?". Our rating system is C-AAA, and 50% of people will get an A and they say that is because "everyone works hard, and delivers so the A is a great grade to get. C basically means your job is at risk, they don't come out and say that but anything less than an A and you are asking for your name in the hat during the next (annual) round of redundencies. I am racking my brain wondering if I have done anything "more" this year. I feel the project i work on has gained mementum and recognition and in turn reputation but that's all part of the job isn't it???

My greatest achievements this year are all non-work related:
I married the woman I LOVE!!
I lost almost 5 stone
I travelled to a far away country (NZ)

Work achievements seem somewhat shadowed. Anyway...will post how it went I am sure....

Good luck Fay. I'm sure you will be fine you seem to put so much effort into everything that you do xx

Good luck Fay. I'm sure you will be fine you seem to put so much effort into everything that you do xx

It's went surprisingly well (seeing as though each of my colleagues before me came out quite sour faced). I suspect that was because I was offered another job last July and turned it down after a long chat with my manager here about what I wasn't happy about so I think he was worried that if I got an "average" review I might reconsider. Reviews hold quite a lot of weight come the end of January when it comes time to decide if you have earnt a bonus or not.

I did mention that I didn't feel like I did anything outside the scope of the team I work in, and he agreed but said that because of the changes in how reviews are done it didn't matter this year because my "title" isn't high enough to warrent those types of things being a factor anymore. I am only 4 years into my career after all....

Ahhhhh TOTM pains!!! :-( feeling quite sorry for myself with them at the minute. To add to that I have my coat on in the office because I was fed up shivering and getting goosebumps each time I drank some water or had a shake. I wish I could go home but I have to go via somewhere to get Nic's final Christmas present so I have to wait even longer to go home and have a nap. Generaly quite drained. Just *bleh*

Glad everything went well workwise but sorry to hear you are feeling bleh. I'm sure it's made even worse by trying to stick to plan when you could curl up with a hot water bottle and a big bar of chocolate! Mine's due next week. At least I will be scoffing choccy xmas day so should get my 'fix' even if it's just one day xx

Glad everything went well workwise but sorry to hear you are feeling bleh. I'm sure it's made even worse by trying to stick to plan when you could curl up with a hot water bottle and a big bar of chocolate! Mine's due next week. At least I will be scoffing choccy xmas day so should get my 'fix' even if it's just one day xx

I have never really had a sweet tooth so I don't get those chocolate cravings like Nic does so I am lucky there but the hot water bottle would have been amazing!!

I thought it might be wise to ost some sort of outline about what I plan on doing over the next 2-3 weeks in absence of a weigh in:

Friday the 13th to Thursday the 19th: 3 shakes a day + a step 2 meal or a Cambridge microwave meal. This isn't a strict step combination but my consultant and I discussed it at our last meeting and thought it would be the best thing to do given that my flat mate has hidden all the pans, bowls, cutlery etc. It means I don't have to figure out what to make on limited utensils.

Friday 20th - Monday 23rd: 1 shake + 1 bar and a sensible meal (as away in Berlin visiting my sister). I will permit myself ONE treat a day in the form of a hot chocolate, bratwurst etc. from the German markets.

Tuesday 24th: Back on 3 products and one meal!!

Wednesday 25th (whoop whoop): Havin a diet day off for a lovely guilt free Christmas day!!

Thursday 26th: Another day off the diet!

Friday 27th - Friday 3rd: back on either step 2 or 3 (undecided and we might find stock levels of products make that decision for me).

GOAL ----->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5 stone by January 3rd!!!

Hopefully I can push myself to get on the exercise bike for a bit over the holiday period to really make sure I am on target for the 5 stone. I have 3lbs to go so it's going to be close....

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!! xx

And we are back! It was 3 days of beer + bratwurst so from a diet perspective not good really. I had good intentions and took my products with me and the first day breakfast consisted of a shake but after that I didn't have any at all. I wouldn't say we went crazy or anything but we did enjoy a few too many Christmas Market treats. Only a day back ont he diet before it's damage control in the form of the exercise bike and SS+.

Today is two weeks since I went to Berlin to visit my sister and it's been food filled since then really!!!

We both had a lovely break but given the oppertunity we both completely reverted to our previous habits of overeating, to the point of feeling ill. I had hoped that we would just have Christmas and Boxing Day off but that turned into a whole week of anything we fancied. Partly to blame was having food in the flat that needed eating (left over/unused from Christmas) and the other was getting too many snacks. Pair that with a visit to my family on the 27th and we were doomed from the start. My family (with the exception of my dad) are feeders. When I am completely 100% on the diet this isn't an issue but when you are more in the "trying to be good but not strictly sticking to it" frame of mind you leave yourself open to suggestion. I am not blaming them in any way, I am an adult and made the decision myself but I do wish they wouldn't plan everything around meals!!!

It was quite surprising how much my sisters life revolves around food, thankfully for her she has a great motabolism and can eat and eat and not really put any weight on but that isn't the case for me so trying to match her 3 meals a day wasn't the best idea. I do wish I had been a bit more firm with her and stuck to my shakes a bit more but I hadn't seen her in so long and didn't feel comfortable telling her that I didn't want anything.

My dad over the Christmas period was amazing! When we talked about us coming over for dinner after Christmas he went to the effort of making a type of Morrocan stew with chicken, chickpeas, apricots etc. and didn't use any oil. There was a bowl of rice for anyone who wanted it but he had made a real effort for us which was really nice. Shame we ruined it by going to the pub afterwards and then getting a kebab on the way home!! Doh!!!!

We basically spent the 12 days of Christmas trying to digest the previous days excessive amount of food!!!!!

I have my weigh in tomorrow and I am pretty sure that I must have put on a minimum of half a stone which will suck but is completely self inflicted. By the end of the two weeks Nic and I were actually looking forward to going back on the diet...! Which brings me to now....day 1 again and I have just had my lunch shake. I still feel bloated from the food I had yesterday and tired from a complete routine upheavel (gone from a 20 minute commute to about 1.5 hours) so that is going to take some getting used to. Already feeling somewhat hungry and stuggling to make sure I drink my water. The next mini-goal is to finally reach the 5 stone mark and maybe see if I can reach 6 by the time New York rolls around at the end of February but that's only 7 weeks away. I am wondering at what point the weight loss starts to really slow down.....?

Last edited:
At the end of the day at Christmas people do try feed you... It's always the wrong things! You need to forgive your self and just get right back to 100% you done it before you will do it again :) welcome back!

Currently having the debate with my colleague about what hours we do at work. Previously I started at about 9:30 and worked until 5:30 (sometimes later) so that's 8 hours...and now I will be getting in at about 8:45 so 45 minutes earlier but it is still frowned upon to leave before 5:30.... :-( I also rarely take my lunch break so that's another extra hour I do....

Day 1 done at 100% but I have to admit I was pretty grumpy yesterday! I'm sure it's a combination of the new 1.5 hour commute as well as the diet. It could also be down to the utterly miserable weather (well and truely soaked on my way to work this morning).

I don't know if this is down to the diet or the early start but feeling more motivated and energetic at work today. I might actually deliver something to show for myself this week not like for most of the month of December....

Weigh in today to see what the damage was over Christmas. Anything up to 7lb+ I think I would be ok with as I did enjoy myself quite a lot! I hope that anything I have gained will only be hanging around for the next few weeks anyway.

Last edited:
Back