Step 1 Sole Source + Carb Junkie Going Cold Turkey

I don't think I updated this recently. I am wearing a size 14 currently so ALMOST at my goal I set out 9 months ago but until the bit of a muffin top has completely gone I am not going to say I am there...

Ultimate Goal: Reach a size 14 trouser size

Mini Goals:
[STRIKE]Lose 1 stone
Lose 2 stone
Lose 3 stone
Lose 4 stone[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Lose 5 stone[/STRIKE]
Lose 6 stone
Lose 7 stone

[STRIKE]Reach the 16s
Reach the 15s
Reach the 14s
Reach the 13s
Reach the 12s[/STRIKE]
Reach the 11s
Reach the 10s
Reach 10 stone!

[STRIKE]Reach size 20
Reach size 18
Reach size 16[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]Have a BMI < 35
Have a BMI < 30 (No Longer "Obese")
Have a BMI < 28 (Can be a consultant - if I want)[/STRIKE]
Have a BMI < 25 (No Longer "Overweight")

[STRIKE]Weigh less than 200lb[/STRIKE]
Have a visible collarbone
Only have one chin
No longer have what my wife calls "a pouch"

Pretty good weekend for our standards! We were out on Friday night but didn't have anything terrible for us...! So we ate a few carbs which we didn't intend to, mostly it was things like bulger wheat which isn't the end of the world. Our grilled meats were very nice :)

The weekend we managed to stick 100% with either SS or SS+ and I honestly can't remember when we last did that.

Even with doing so well for some reason I feel quite bloated today and my trousers feel tighter than they were a few weeks ago.

On Friday evening I ran/walked (60s/90s) intervals for 10k as a proper start to my couch to 5k program but because I use my mouth to breathe more than my nose it's left me with a very sore throat and a cough. Then the cough keeps me awake and I just feel so unbelievably drained but I still really want to run this evening.

So to cap things off...I have left my shakes at home :-( I have no idea how I will make it through the day when I am already so hungry.

Oh...and one more thing....we have BOOKED our year travelling! There is no going back now. We depart on June 6th, so less than 3 months time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots to do to try and get to a happy weight and then move up the steps in that time. Not long at all...

Seems like I haven't been on here in a while. I went home ill from work on Monday afternoon and then had yesterday off and working at home today because still not feeling great and managed to keep myself up basically all night with coughing. I was feeling much better yesterday evening and had my bad ready for work and everything but then Nic and I shared a boost bar (because I had been for a run that day and Nic had played badminton) and mine might have gone down the wrong way and since then I could not stop coughing for the rest of the night well into the night. Don't think I slept for more than 15 minutes and felt like I was coughing on a minutely basis :-(

On a more positive note I have been for a run 3 times in a week! Never thought that would happen...! And this morning I weighed 11 stone 9...my lowest yet!!

What step was that salad again? The place I went to on Friday evening had lots of similar types of salads and they were all very good :)

Are you feeling any better today? I know I will never follow this advice myself BUUUTTT....don't worry about only losing 1lb this week after a great week last week, fluctuations are normal. Look at the total for the past 4 weeks rather than the last weigh in....bet the 4 week total is pretty impressive for most diets!

Feeling much better thanks! Cough still hasn't recovered fully so I should prob avoid going for a run this evening but given that I have come this far and stuck to it I am worried I will stop completely if I skip a day.

I still haven't heard back from my consultant. Not seen her in over a month now. She's still angry/upset with me for not going to the Consultant training course. I admit that I should have told someone I was not going and I am not going to make excuses - I am an adult and shouldn't have been scared to tell them I didn't want to go anymore, now she needs to either give me my bit of paper with my progress or reply to my texts asking for an appointment time. If she doesn't reply this week then I know her opening times for next Friday so I will drop along. I really want to know how my measurements are going as I don't feel like they are going anywhere as my work trousers actually feel tighter.

Hey babe..

The salad was on step 3.. It was the bestttttt I would have that again 100%.

Staying on step 3 again until next week as I am so broke & I can't afford anymore food until payday.

The last 4 weeks i've lost 10lbs so you know.. NOT bad seeing as I am so close to goal.
I was 12st so yeah its going okay for step 3.
I guess I was just disappointed that it was only 1lb.. We'll see how the measurements are next week.

You shouldn't go for a run if you aren't very well honey. It won't help your recovery.
IF anything just do a brisk walk.

Your consultant is ridiculous you know.. Thats so childish.
What you gonna do? Have you reached out to her?

xoxo

I text appologising and asking for an appointment, her reply was that she was dissappointed that I didn't tell anyone I wasn't going but no details about the appointment I asked for. Thought I would give her a week or two then ask again so that will be tomorrow. Though on Monday I was removed from her WhatsApp Cambridge group....will see if she replies tomorrow for next Fridays appointment. I have been happy not seeing her anyway as it's given me a chance to get back on track after the holiday. Nic's been getting enough shakes for the both of us from her consultants.

If she's removed you from her WhatsApp group it doesn't sound like she's expecting you to come back.

Oh wow she removed you?

How rude..

I would take from that, that she doesn't want you going back.

Why not get a new consultant?

xoxo

She has my card with my stats on...I want that back otherwise my new consultant won't have an accurate point for things like stone markers and to be able to tell me if I have lost any inches recently....

She might have removed me as I haven't chased her for an appointment since she didn't include anything in her last text about one. I am rarely on WhatsApp anyway and no one was talking on the forum (not for months) so maybe she closed the group completely....

She has my card with my stats on...I want that back otherwise my new consultant won't have an accurate point for things like stone markers and to be able to tell me if I have lost any inches recently....

She might have removed me as I haven't chased her for an appointment since she didn't include anything in her last text about one. I am rarely on WhatsApp anyway and no one was talking on the forum (not for months) so maybe she closed the group completely....

Text her today & ask when she can fit you in.. If she is once again avoiding answering that then ask her to post you your card..
I don't understand why shes being so immature its truly pathetic and not good for business. xoxo

I don't want an appointment for tomorrow evening which is the risk if I text her now so I will wait until tomorrow evening. I know where her office is and her open times so I will drop in next Friday if I have had no response and ask her to either book me in for the following week and give me a time then and there or ask for me card back then and there.

Back