Step 1 Sole Source + Carb Junkie Going Cold Turkey

Yeah, I have enough of everything :)

Nic lost 5lbs this week....very jealous!! I think I will have lost about 6-7lb when I do my own weigh in tomorrow evening but now we are only 3lb apart so she is catching up quickly!!!! (not that it is a contest - which it totally in a way is). I want us to have lost the same amount rather than "you have lost more than me" *grump* :p

Nearly time for my 2nd shake of the day.

Must be getting pretty excited about the holiday now though!

Off for a run after work. Rather than get the tube to Canada Water and then the overground to West Croydon I am going to start running to New Cross Gate a few times a week. It's 6k so enough for the Couch25k program as all the other routes I have been looking at are 3/4k.

My colleague at work leant me his running watch and it was really cool being able to see the stats (Frida's run -Untitled by fay737731 at Garmin Connect - Details) and even know how many calories burnt as there was a heart monitor attached and using your height and weight - though it would have been better if it was my measurements in there with height an weight but it was a trial anyway. I opted not to buy it off him as I would quite like one with the ability to set intervals where the watch tells you when to run and when to walk and you know...all those things you don't really need :p

Last edited:
I decided on 11 stone 12 as my weigh in for this week after being 11 stone 12 and a half last night. I have fluctuated between 11 stone 9 and 11 stone 13 for the past few days so as I am out this evening and won't be home until very late I opted to use last nights weight as my "unofficial weigh in".

On the consultant front I just remember that I am off to visit my mum for Mothers Day Weekend and might not be able to make it from my office to her office to the train station all before 7!! Doh!! I am going to try my best though. I was planning on running/walking the 6k there as well....

To be honest I am walking past her office this evening and tempted to drop in tonight instead....

I made the bulgar wheat salad last night again just be VERY careful with weights..

They only list 100g COOKED weight & no dry weight at all..

100g turns into 400g its ridiculous.

150g however is only 120 calories so pretty good & filling!

I need to use up my eggs so omelette tonight I think with some potatoes or a wrap on the side for the carb I have to eat..
Maybe even some bulgar wheat salad as I have quite a bit left!

Ham omelette with some cut up sliced ligher choices processed cheese lol.. Only 39 calories a slice and melted it does its job.

I have a lot of pics so yeah I think I may do!

What you doing this weekend honey?

xoxo

I dropped in on my consultant on Friday evening and made an appointment for a week on Friday (as she is away this Friday) :)

The weekend wasn't very good on a food front and this was the first time we broke it in 2 weeks. We proceeded to have numerous meals we shouldn't have had. It's so difficult to get out of the mentality of "diet broken...quick lets have some more meals today and start again tomorrow!" Back to it again today. Things seem to be moving so slowly since Christmas. I believe I was about 12 stone 7 before Christmas and it is now 3 months later and I am almost a stone down from that weight because of all the rollercoastering with food.

Determined to stick at it again for two more weeks 100% in order to get to the 6 stone mark!

Off for my 2nd week 2 Couch25K run today. It's about 6k from my office to New Cross Gate so that means I get to run and be closer to home, meaning my run only adds a small amount of time to when I usually get home.

1-2lb is GREAT though....don't be disheartened! You are doing so well!

My consultant was so busy, running late with quite a queue that me dropping by and taking 60 seconds to make an appointment she didn't really have time to seem any way :)

Just feels like slow progress. Need to get to step 3 soon I think (after my 1 year anniversary in two weeks) as want to have more food! With picking up running I guess I should move to looking at the inches rather than the weight.

How was your weekend?

It's just a expensive cost for 1-2lbs lol.. I have just under 3 weeks to lose 4lbs..

Emily on here said maybe a cheat day will boost my loss but does that even work when you aren't in ketosis anymore?

You'll love step 3! I went to a lovely persian restaurant on Saturday and had lamb and chicken shish with salad and a small piece of persian bread and was well under my allowance.

Weekend was slightly boring just did my YouTube video and went out to eat and hung out with a few friends..
Weekends are going to get a little busier as I have holiday prep haha..

How was your weekend?

xoxo

after eating less and less calories your body will adapt and will begin to manage off the lower calories, and your metabolism will be lower. the cheat meal is supposed to help keep your metabolism higher. im not sure if there is any research behind this, im sure it has some truth, but it's a good excuse too cheat...by cheat I don't mean stuff on pizza & cake!

My friend who's a PT told me that it'll kick start my metabolism again..
He said exceed your daily allowance of 2000 for the day and it'll kick start everything again as you confuse your body.
If I lose just 1lb again this week then on Saturday i'll do it.
I just wanna get rid of this last 4lb!! xoxo

Hi Viita, it definitely is proven to work, my cousin is a PT/nutritionist and he said exactly the same as your friend. I used to always do it as well, when I had a cheat day i'd always lose more the following weigh in! Try to do it as far away from your weigh in as possible to give your body a chance to burn off what you ate on your cheat day to avoid a gain but then again even if you gained which I doubt you would, the following week you'd definitely have a good loss! x

Hi Viita, it definitely is proven to work, my cousin is a PT/nutritionist and he said exactly the same as your friend. I used to always do it as well, when I had a cheat day i'd always lose more the following weigh in! Try to do it as far away from your weigh in as possible to give your body a chance to burn off what you ate on your cheat day to avoid a gain but then again even if you gained which I doubt you would, the following week you'd definitely have a good loss! x

Thanks honey I think that's what i'll do.. Even if i'm not in ketosis as i'm on step 3 will it still be as effective?
I just wanna get my weigh in's up again as 1lb a week when your only eating 1000 calories a day just isn't possible as I am massively undereating. It should be 2 or 3lbs at least!! x

Thanks honey I think that's what i'll do.. Even if i'm not in ketosis as i'm on step 3 will it still be as effective?
I just wanna get my weigh in's up again as 1lb a week when your only eating 1000 calories a day just isn't possible as I am massively undereating. It should be 2 or 3lbs at least!! x

I definitely agree - I would just have a 'cheat day' and then go back to really strict healthy step 3 eating again, throw in some extra exercise like powerwalking and I guarantee you'll have a better loss if not this week then next for sure! It just trick your body and confuses it instead of letting it stabilise and plateau! You will easily get them 4lbs off! x

Well i'm planning having the day off on Saturday and my weigh in is on Wednesday night.. So hopefully it'll be okay and I have a loss..
Ugh so annoying!
Thanks for listening to me rant its just i'm so near but I feel so far! xoxo

That's a good idea! :) Just see what works for your body!
Dont be silly I would be exactly the same at your stage! I still have 14lb I wanna lose by APril 26th (4.5 wks) and then another stone after that! Wish it would hurry up! x

That's a good idea! :) Just see what works for your body!
Dont be silly I would be exactly the same at your stage! I still have 14lb I wanna lose by APril 26th (4.5 wks) and then another stone after that! Wish it would hurry up! x

The losses are great on SS but the closer you get the lower they are.. Haha..
I just wanna get to goal before I go New York so fingers crossed this works! xoxo

Back