Carbaddict...to GI lover via CD!

Hey! Good idea!! Now let me see .... that's 80 X 25 (you usually get and extra one in modern calendars don't you .... ) so that's - ummmm 2000 choccies????????
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: For 80p ???????????

Blimey - I vote you bargain hunter of the century!!!

:D :D :D

Yep!! 2000 chocolates...now less the ones my kids & DH have eaten tonight! But the cookie jar is full and so are 2 plastic boxes!! What a mare...if only it was cheese!!;)

Well thats one whole week under my belt! and confession of one day of sin! When I ate 2 jackets spuds :mad: :(.
The water over the last 2 days has been hard to get down. And I'm feelin very 'sluggish' today. I will be good today 200%! I'm already diving into my first litre of water!
Off swimming later so no doubt will swallow half the pool as well!! Building myself up to 100 lenghts in an hour! So far I'm at 52! So todays goal is 60 in 60 minutes! :)
Had my first taste of the new soup...sorry YUK! can't taste the cheese at all! I'm more of a shake than a soup person so I'll stick with them. I wish they'd brought out something else like...pineapple, choc orange, choc 'n' coconut!
Right better wake the little darlings!
Have a good day all.
X

One minute to do a length of the swimming pool? I'm in awe of you CA!

I expect I could also do the length of a pool in a minute .... but only if the said pool was 12ft long! :D

Maybe it's because I didn't go swimming for over 20 years but I just don't have the 'stamina' for swimming lengths .... having said that, I' haven't really tried properly as the only pools I've been in since I ventured into a swimming cossie again are the ones with flumes etc and they tend not to have nice rectangular 'swimming' areas - just several smaller irregular shaped pools.

Maybe I should take a trip to the boring miniciple one in my town and try it (but I KNOW I'd never be able to manage more than a couple of lengths max!)

I'll see if i can get there before Christmas and use up some cals before the festive foodie onslaught! ;)

Have a great day CA!
PS
I'm inclined to agree with you about the soup ... I didn't find it 'yuk' just ... ummmm .... a bit 'nothingy'. And I have to say - c'mon Cambridge - of ALL the flavours in the world you COULD have chosen .... Broccoli & un-cheesy cheese :confused:

I've always been a swimmer RD even at my largest! As a child/teenager & young adult I swam for the County! And trained for trials for the Olympics but wasn't good enough :( Butterfly is my best stroke...or was! I used to do a lenght in 28 secs! so a minute is quite slow.
Build yourself up the first time just do 3 lenghts! then next add another 3, then 4 the next time! Then build up in 5's. I swim 3 times a week most weeks I'm a really water babe...well whale!
All those cals you can burn! plus its great exercise! The only thing I hate is I seem to smell of clorine all the time!! LOL
X

I quite like the smell of chlorine >>> reminds me of bleach >>> reminds me of clean (how anally retentive is that?)

Are we going to see you in the 2012 Olympics then?? ;)

I just wish swimming wasn't so blimmin' expensive! At my local pool, going three times a week would cost the best part of a tenner!

Erm...2012 out for me! I'll leave that to the youngsters!!
Well I broke my goal and did.............72! lenghts in just over an hour! Had to work off those spuds!
Totally knackered now though and have spent most of this afternoon on the sofa asleep! Well at least if I'm asleep I can't eat!
RD...your MAD!! Bleach...is worse than clorine! Although saying that your right about the clean! My hair however is like straw and feels like its been bleached!
Well not much to report since I've been slobbing all afternoon! Getting ready for the mad weekend!
Have a good one everyone.
X

Ouch...

Well what a manic weekend! All presents brought and wrapped! Bank account very overdrawn! But hey its Christmas!!
Had a small accident on the ice on Saturday...now have a wrist splint and appointment at fracture clinic tomorrow! Fingers crossed please everyone that I don't end up in plaster for Xmas! Apart from the fact if I do it'll make my weigh more at my next weigh in!! :eek:
Diet wise its all gone totally to pot over the weekend as I felt I needed something in the comfort food department! But didn't really enjoy that so back on track as of yeaterday morning. Resisted the fry up hubby did for him and the kids.
Well its hard to type with one finger! so off to have my shake and read.
X

Day 1....AGAIN!

Giving 2nd weigh in a huge miss...why? because I have had such an awful week. So much so that I've decided to call this my DAY 1.
Christmas is only around the corner and I have decided to stick with CD! no mince pies for me I've had a gut full already that just made me feel sluggish and not half as energetic as I had been doing CD full time.
Ended up at A & E last night in loads pain with my wrist came away with a flea in my ear!! I was asked why I'd gone there if I had an appointment today already and surely I could have waited until then!! :mad: Yes I will be complaining later! So with a poorly child up half the night and me up looking after her and myself I'm feeling very ratty today!
A good day to re-start!? maybe not but I must do this I need my life before FAT back!I want people to respect me for me instead of thinking I'm 'hard' because I'm FAT! I'm sick of hiding behind this wall of FAT...I WANT TO BE ME!
X

Talking to myself

Well day 2! again! And so far so good.

Feeling a tad alone here though! :( I think I'm one of the posters that never gets a reply!! Oh well always been happy in my own company.

So another day and another challenge! DD is having her playgroup concert today before she leaves to go up to school :eek: (OMG my baby is starting school)!! There will be cake & a cuppa for all the parents and seeing as I know the cake is yummy...I made it! Its going to be hard to resist but resist I must...after all I can always make another cake when I'm at goal! maybe for my birthday.

Right got an hour to try and make my self look half decent!

X

Awww CA - your daughter's first little concert! There's nothing cuter than a bunch of little toddlers putting on a concert at Christmas!

Did they dress up or anything? I remember when my youngest did her first nativity thing when she was in reception and I had to make her a 'Mary' outfit. Well, I overdid it a bit and she ended up looking like she was wearing a full Burkah! Couldn't see her blimmin' face at all!! :D

How things change though ... a few years have passed and my daughter asked me last night if I could write her a note to get her out of walking to the church to do a carol concert rehearsal!! :eek: I think you can guess what the reply was!! lol

Hope you can manage to resist the cake: as you said, you know you can have a piece when the time is right (and as you baked it, you know it'll be the same as the one you're missing!)

You're doing heaps better than me ... I've temporarily thrown in the CD towel (although i'll definitely be going back to full SS on Jan 8th) ... it's just a matter of damage limitation between now and then!

Have a grand day!! :D

Hi Debbie, thanks for making me feeling a tad less lonely! I don't think anyone likes me here! :(
The concert was...a nightmare!! Out of the 20 kids there at least 15 were crying!! stage fright! One boy was screaming and hitting the other kids and his parents just stood there! Likely my daughter was one of the ones that just sat there and sung her little heart out with her 2 'best' mates! Santa came along and that set the kids off again! What a fun time we had!!They didn't need to dress up that'll be next year when she's at nursery.
I did resist the cake and everything else yesterday in fact I SS'd all day without needing to as I'm doing 790! feel like I'm really on track now and not totally sure how to play Christmas at all I do love xmas pud etc...
Funny enough my son is also doing a carol concert tonight at Church and they have to walk pass almost pass my door to the church! Yet he wasn't allowed to walk home from the Church instead he had to walk all the way (20 mins) back to school turn round and walk back!!
I know you'll be back on track very soon.
Hope your feeling heaps better.
Love to all
X

Hey Carbaddict

Just checked into your diary thread!

Don't feel lonely! Whether you get a lot of responses or not on your diary, it is still a help to you as a record of how your days go, the ups, the downs and the totally bloomin fantastic days or your diet. So keep writing! My diary took a while before it got many comments.. but I just rambled away regardless... !

Anyway I will be sure to check in for updates on your diet, and if you ever need help feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to give you some (not always useful) advice!!

Good luck with whatever u decide for xmas... I am still making my mind up too! At mo i am gonna have an AAM day... and I am pretty certain that it is my final decision..... I know I won't SS on xmas day.. but AAM is something I only tried once for one day a few weeks ago.. I didn't like it as it felt wrong to be eating.. I know I can safely AAM on xmas day though... Alas I also know I could get away with having the full xmas dinner.. and since I can safely say my willpower has never been reduced on this diet and I have never once been tempted to cheat... I don't really want to risk getting my head in the wrong place... even though I am pretty positive this wouldn't happen..... will decide by xmas day! Whatever I decide though i'm not having xmas pud or mince pies.. even though I love them.... the roast is my only temptation...

Thanks Punkass. Its so sweet of you to come over and post on my thread.
I've really struggled to get back on track with this diet its so hard. But I feel I'm making all the right decisions now. I love everything about Xmas from the tree to the leftover turkey that lingers for what seems weeks after!! But I'd rather really enjoy next Xmas at goal than stuff my face this year. I do know I have a few parties with people that don't know I'm doing this diet so will have to just weigh up my options then and go for proteins only...which is great I could so easily eat a whole turkey!! In fact I did once! With some mates before I got married...Got inviyed round to my mate Billy's for lunch and he'd only just moved into his flat. Anyway, we turned up 3 of us ladden with booze! like you do in your early 20's. Only to find Billy had got the turkey and bacon/sausage roll things but no veg and a few mince pies!! We sat on the floor huge turkey (30lbs +) And just ripped bits off, got totally smashed! One of my best Xmas days until of course I had children...who just make my day when they open there presents!
This year is going to be fab as its my daughters first really understanding about Santa and she's so excited!
Anyway, talking kids better get the darlings up for school.
Thanks again.
XX

Thats my other incentive for not having the full roast on xmas day... I only intend to do this diet once!!!! I mean i love it and have found it really easy to stick too.... but from what I read on other peoples diaries its v hard to stick to it the second time round.. so I'm more determined not to muck it up this time round... I just know my mums roast spuds are gonna whisper sweet nothings into my ear all the way through my turkey and veg though lol!!!

Reading about u eating the whole turkey has got me thinking about the lovely skin.... may have to go stick it in the food dump... oh and to make matters harder to resist.. my sis is cooking roast goose (my ultimate favourite) on boxing day... she never invited me though! lol! I haven't taken offence.. i'm presuming its coz i'm not eating.. but u never know with my sis lol!

Should go do something myself i guess.... like maybe some work.. but then maybe not!

Hi Debbie, thanks for making me feeling a tad less lonely! I don't think anyone likes me here! :(

Ack...course we do my little chickadee :)
The concert was...a nightmare!! Out of the 20 kids there at least 15 were crying!! stage fright! One boy was screaming and hitting the other kids and his parents just stood there!

OMG!
Likely my daughter was one of the ones that just sat there and sung her little heart out with her 2 'best' mates!
Aaah.. Bet you were dead proud. I would have been.
I did resist the cake and everything else yesterday in fact I SS'd all day without needing to as I'm doing 790! feel like I'm really on track now and not totally sure how to play Christmas at all I do love xmas pud etc...
Perhaps you can aim to SS if you are feeling 'in the zone'. Plenty of good times to come.:cool:

Hope today is a good day for you. Hold on tightly. I'm planning on behaving myself today. Not with SS obviously, but being sensible anyway.:rolleyes:

hey CA,

I just got done posting on your other thread. I have to admit, I dont read peoples diaries and tend to only post in the main forums. (only really the CD and wemitts ones)

I have noticed though that we have started this vlcd at the same time! Thats very fab to have people at the same point as we can identify with eachothers progress and stuff.

and we both have kids too. I am finding it really hard having loadsa food in the house and having to smell everyones dinner. theres a number of times i have wanted to just cave in and eat. Im the same as you too....im addicted to carbs. whenever i diet i crave sandwiches for the satisfying bread...yum. oh god im hungry lol. christmas is a tough time to start out on a vlcd too. we must be either very determined or very mental hehe!

what day do you weigh-in? my first one is tomorrow. interested to see how much we lose on our first week :D

Sorry for the delay in replying to your posts. Unfortunately I broke my wrist last weekend! And its playing up loads. Anyway that aside diet is going well, Xmas shop is all done and life I have to say is very good! Which having had a breakdown 2 years ago is good for me to say!
Kids all break up next week and I can't wait! Love having them at home and loads planned. Seem to be travelling all over the country from Portsmouth to Derbyshire and Somerset to Surrey! Tired just thinking about all that drivng my poor DH will be doing!!:p
Off for a lovely sleep I'm so tired today having had 24 here for lunch today! And OMG it was hard!! And what did I eat from the lovely spred I laid out....1 chicken drumstick! and my shake! Water been abit hard to swallow today so will try harder tomorrow.
Hope everyone is well.
X

Well I blew the diet! I think I'm gonna give it a miss now until January temptation is just far to great.

I have been looking into having some hypnotherapy to help me conquer the need to binge cells in my brain! Just need to find a good therapist. I went to see one a man who said he gets his clients to stand naked in front of a mirror on the first visit...I was straight out of there!!

So for now until Xmas is over I'll keep up the water and try not to go mad! And also listen to my Paul McKenna CD. And I'll be back after Xmas to get back on track and lose that last 4 stone!

X

Back