Carbohydrates daily intake.

mytimetoshine

How my carbohydrate intake are we to aim for a day? Seen some saying under 60g for ketosis is that correct?

Yep thats right hun x

Fab, thank you hun. I bear this in mind when arranging my meals for the day.

59.7g yesterday!:eek:

Thanks xx

I've been wondering about this too so I emailed s&s and they Said

Ketosis is generally between 60 to 100g of carbs per day, but this varies from person to person. As a rule 80g is usually sufficient to achieve Ketosis, but this would only be confirmed by trial and error.

:-D

X

That's good then. Won't feel too guilty for going over now :)

Thanks

I'm definitely out of ketosis if I have 80g of carbs.

It seems to depend on persons! I did go into ketones quite a lot when I was pregnant and eating healthy so think I go into ketones quite easily!

How do u know ur not in ketones without using the sticks ?

X

Should we be adding them up then as we go along, I know there approx 140 cals in each pack but have no idea how many carbs?? I assumed as long as you stuck to your 3 packs plus protein meal you would be in ketosis??? Confused and worrying I have done it wrong now :(

No you don't need to add anything up. Some ppl just like to! You are doing fine and will be in ketosis if your 100% on the 3 packs etc x

I only total the carbs as I have stepped up as I approach goal and am including more calories but I need to ensure that my carbs stay around 60g to keep ketosis.

If you stick 100% to the plan you don't need to worry. If you have anything off plan (such as a tesco bar instead of a SnS one) then it might make sense to keep an eye on the overall carb/calorie level.

Should we be adding them up then as we go along, I know there approx 140 cals in each pack but have no idea how many carbs?? I assumed as long as you stuck to your 3 packs plus protein meal you would be in ketosis??? Confused and worrying I have done it wrong now :(

No just have your packs and dont worry. Depending what you have 4 of some packs can take you to 60 so obviously thats not a problem, so you dont need to worry about keeping under 60. It wouldnt occur to me to track carbs/cals if Im just having the packs and nothing else.

Phew thanks all, I had a bit of a panic there, Thanks all :)

Back