Carbs content of dukan porridge please

mambo69cat

Hi,
I am actually on a VLCD, but have to confess I adore Dukan porridge. I would love to have it for breakfast (1.5 tablespoons of oat bran). Can anyone let me know the carb content of that quanity of porridge, both made with skimmed milk or water. Do you think it will knock me out of ketosis?
Thanks for all your help

Chris

im sure Jo knows the carb content ....ketosis in dukan is light so you maybe ok

hmm... If you weigh 25g oatbran (cos the measure of a tablespoon varies), that's 12g carbs (2g fat and 1g sugar). Add 125ml skimmed milk, and you add 6g carbs (both according to my www.myfitnesspal.com.)

I'd be surprised if you could get away with that in a VLCD, but I don't know... (you could always join us here and EAT :D))

Last edited:
very low calorie diet, usually meal replacement like lighter life?

Though suppose it could be very low carb diet.

On this forum, I've always seen it used for the meal replacement ones (either Cambridge, or lighterlife)

yes, its a very low calorie diet - the one I am on is Exante, similar to Cambridge, but better tasting and cheaper. I am doing it for one month to loose another stone (lost one in May), and then I healthy eat in between to loose a little more and maintain. I will do it again in October to loose my last stone - then that will be 4 stone since middle Feb this year. However, I am interested in Dukan as a form of maintenance, as I like the sound of the food. Thanks everyone Chris xx

I love it too!

Back