Carbs: The New Cocaine?

Karen A

As some of you know by know I lovingly refer to Bread as my Heroin.....

That said in the US a person by the name of Oprah Winfrey, she has had a talk show for years will spotlight individuals. Sometimes those individuals will wind up with a show of their own. Such the case with a man named MEHMET OZ, MD, or Dr.Oz as he is known in the US. Very well respected and is spot on with his info. And yes even with his busy show he still manages to remain practicing medicine.

Tomorrow the name of his show is "Carbs: The New Cocaine?"
It should be available on his website after the show airs. Carbs are my problem, I would bet that 70% of my weight gain is Carb related.

Wednesday on The Dr. Oz Show | The Dr. Oz Show

Hi Karen! We don't have any of the "OWN" channels' shows here in the UK (that I'm aware - and trust me... I've been looking!! :)) We get Oprah here like 10 times a day and I can truely say I am in deep mourning that her show is going off the air this year. I feel like her positive outlook and "do unto others" type attitude has actually shaped me very much into the person I am today (been watching for 20 years.) Funny, I say my religion is: "WWOD"... what would Oprah do?? ;))

PS - love Dr. Oz as well and will miss his purple gloves!!

Started Dukan just shy of one month... Watched the Dr.Oz on the web 5 videos, convinced I was addicted to carbs. I know I went through withdrawals. Interesting watching the last segment it sounded almost like I was reading the Dukan book. If you want to watch go to his link for videos. Today I don't crave like I did, seems like one small bite of a no-no is all it need to satisfy a craving. Those's are far and few between now. We all know it takes the brain 30 days to change, I think I'm good with the no carbs cravings now.
This video really reinforces with Dukan writes.

So for anyone just starting look that these ladies....just think if they had been Dukan for 30 days they would be significantly lighter during the kicking of their habit for carbs.

Back