Carbs v Calories.

Everhopeful

" If at First".....
Dr Atkins said there was no need to count calories, yet I know many do. How essential is it to count calories? I know that when I do, they are OTT. To lose weight at my height I should have only 1200 calories, if I eat the food I've planned for today, it comes to 1661 calories and 18 carbs.
I'd love to read the views of others here because I've lost my way.
:confused:

Last edited:
Hiya

i know many people say you HAVE to count calories, but I found if I did it left me confused and angry.

I lost 5 stone on Atkins and was eating way over the daily amount that I should have if you calorie count.

Everyone has different ways of dieting that work for them - my advice would be to follow your own road, if it works for you go for it.

Thanks Caledonia, actually since my last post I have trimmed it down to 1508 calories for today.

On other forums some posters are counting carbs and calories for various reasons. I wondered if anyone here is doing the same. I do little or no exercise but then that - in theory isn't supposed to be a problem either.

Atkins is certainly working for you, congratulations. :)

I keep an eye on calories as well as carbs because:
- My fitness pal does it anyway when i track carbs(i wouldnt bother otherwise)
- If i drink (well when - at weekends and hols) then i've noticed that the empty calories plus extra food (legal but im always hungrier) can seriously rack up the cals - that can lead to a stall
- When i exercise lots (which i do to use all this wonderful atkins energy;) ), i sometimes dont eat enough - then i wake up starving in the night - not good for sleep or managing cravings

However the standard mfp calc of cals and weightloss doesnt work - it's not a straight equation!

I like this quote-
Dr Atkins said dont count calories, not that calories dont count!
:D

Back