Carbs

eejayess

Why do I love carbs so much when they don't love me back :cry:. I love being able to have spag bol and chilli and rice on EE, but I just can't control my pasta and rice enough to have a steady loss each week. I can stick to the plan, no problem, I just have too many carbs. So I have resigned to going back onto Red days in the week and then EE at the weekends, so pasta tonight then :).
Does anyone else find that if they consume a lot of carbs they have slow losses? Would be great to know I'm not alone.

when i make pasta and rice dishes i do limit my pasta and carb intake by upping my plate to 1/2 superfree where i can and find it works for me my pasta or rice is no more than 1/4 of my plate

I use the recommended portion size too but only because ill cook too much if I don't.

Not sure if any if you have noticed but the SW recipes now state an amount whereas they never used to years ago.

I always measure portions of rice and pasta too. I don't find that being guided by hunger works for me, I'll generally scoff whatever's on my plate! Measuring + super free means I'm getting losses despite eating plenty of carbs. That said, I'm trying to view this as a lifestyle, and I know red days aren't something I'd do long term, so I'd rather have a sensible quantity of normal food each week and a small loss than do something which feels like a diet and a greater loss. I like food and eating!

I'm the same. Also a little tip to get you thinking of portion sizes. Most people eat pasta in a bowl. Put the pasta and sauce in a bowl as usual. Make a salad on a dinner plate and pour the pasta and sauce next to it - I bet you'll be gobsmacked at the huge portion size that looks "normal" in a bowl - I was!!!

I always try to have salad or veg next to my pasta/sauce and rice/curry

Why do I love carbs so much when they don't love me back :cry:. I love being able to have spag bol and chilli and rice on EE, but I just can't control my pasta and rice enough to have a steady loss each week. I can stick to the plan, no problem, I just have too many carbs. So I have resigned to going back onto Red days in the week and then EE at the weekends, so pasta tonight then :).
Does anyone else find that if they consume a lot of carbs they have slow losses? Would be great to know I'm not alone.

I dont suffer from this carb addiction, but there are many other things i enjoy. If I was in your position though, I would be focusing on bulking the meal out with tons of superfree to and reducing the rice/pasta. Pick up an onion and half a dozen mushrooms. Hold them in your hands, and think about how much quicker you'll feel full by eating these along with a smaller portion of rice.

So the crucial advice i would say, as repeated by another poster. For high carb meals make sure you superfree at least half of your plate. Just think of all those superfree things that can go in a chilli and spag bol. Bell peppers, mushrooms, tin of tomatoes, onions, chopped carrots (a nice way to put a bit of sweetness into your spag bol if you are that way inclined).

Cook those in the dish, and even chop up a second onion, with sliced tomato, pickled cabbage, and some lettuce as a side salad. The photo is an example of a curry meal without rice, just because that doesnt do anything for me, but the point is there. Superfree bursting out of the dish and to the side. IMG_1274.jpg

I measure carbs and have a red day portion (ie 120 cals worth) with lunch and dinner plus a proper hexb for breakfast or snack. Also have the 1/3 superfree so it is an EE day officially and not a red day with 3 hexb (although you could look at it like that).

I to have this problem, I eat so many carbs, luckily it hasn't effected my weight loss.... yet. I have a feeling it will eventually tho. I tend to have some kind of carb with most meals :( need to cut it down!

jenny19888 said:
I to have this problem, I eat so many carbs, luckily it hasn't effected my weight loss.... yet. I have a feeling it will eventually tho. I tend to have some kind of carb with most meals :( need to cut it down!

Why??? It's not affecting you, you like them. Why do people worry about carbohydrates? They come in many forms not just pasta, rice and potatoes. Carbohydrates are not the devil, they are an essential part of a healthy diet!!

Rant over!

Why??? It's not affecting you, you like them. Why do people worry about carbohydrates? They come in many forms not just pasta, rice and potatoes. Carbohydrates are not the devil, they are an essential part of a healthy diet!!

Rant over!

Yeah you are totally right! Why cut them out if they aren't affecting my weight loss. I suppose it just feels so naughty

I think I will try measuring my carbs or having more veg/salad on the plate for bulk (or both) My losses have been slow and I eat lots of rice/pasta/potatoes. It might shake things up a bit :) worth a try

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah you are totally right! Why cut them out if they aren't affecting my weight loss. I suppose it just feels so naughty
my theory is if it feels naughty it doesnt feel like a diet which means your more likely to stick to it long term i have egg n chips chip butties egg n chips I LOVE POTATOES and they are v cheap so keep my food bills down

Back