Carbs

jack_83

Not sure if this has been posted before but I was just wondering whether you get greater losses on the scales if you cut out carbs?? I tried to cut them out this week but can't seem to do it :-(

This has been discussed a few times in the past & basically we're all different - some Mims have better losses on Green (carbs) others on Original (Protein). The only way you'll know for YOU is to try each plan and see how you go. Probably better trying a week of each rather than just a day - you're more chance of seeing if there's any difference for you.
Good luck.

I find it impossible to cut out carbs. Even if I go carb low I feel so ill from it and end up getting the shakes and feel starving.

Although I follow extra easy, I always try to bulk out my meals with plenty of superfree instead of loads of carbs and meat but that's just how I like to do it.
And snack time I like to try to stick to things like carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, cucumber sticks etc. xxx

I find the weeks i do more green days are the weeks i lose more as im not so hungry and reaching for snacks between meals. But having said that,we are all different so please try and do what feels right for you x

I had kinda signed up to the carbs are bad for you mantra & started doing Red days quite a bit last year. Got myself in a right old pickle & ended 2012 the same weight as I started it! So at least I know that I can maintain if I need to :)

Anyway, I decided that this year I would just follow the plan, not worry about what free foods were better the others (got paranoid about eating too many bananas & yogurt as well - honestly I must like to torture myself or something :) ) I have just stuck to the plan - I've eaten potatoes, bread, and rice & even pasta ( twice in a week - check me out being a rebel :D ) . I lost 4lbs last week so it must be okay xxx

I've only ever done green days so I eat a lot of carbs! I love potato, pasta, rice - all of it! I do eat brown rice and pasta and I'm not sure how much this helps but I prefer the taste anyway. I've lost 4.5 stone eating good portions of carbs with most meals so I'm happy that eating carbs has had no detrimental effect on my weight loss :)

As a vegan I follow green and as you can imagine, my diet is pretty carb heavy. I'm finding my weight loss is slower than my omni friends at group, and the vegetarians lose a bit quicker too - I'm guessing because these guys can eat eggs, quorn, meat etc whereas I got veg, carbs and Linda macartney sausages pretty much! I'm trying to cut back on the carbs but I think I am a bit addicted to them; before I went on slimming world I used to crave sugar, and was worried it would derail me but I actually crave carbs now and am off refined sugar pretty much. I think carbs do slow me down a bit but there's nothing I can do. Pasta is ok, so is brown rice, but I find too much potato can slow my losses down.

I worry about carbs too. I'm not sure which school of thought to subscribe to, are they good or bad? I know they tend to be very filling for the calories so I assume they can't be that bad. I did get myself into a bit of a tizz last year over the whole thing, and decided to stick to recommended portion sizes of carbs for each meal. So even though I only do green, I still weigh out my rice or pasta or whatever and have the official portion size. I've always lost weight very slowly so it's difficult to say whether it makes a difference, but it does mean that I automatically pile more veggies on my plate to make it look fuller!

I do mostly original plan and still use my HEX B for carbs and find my weight lose to be very good. Cutting out carbs might speed it up slightly but for me I am happy as things are.

Try all 3 plans and find the one that works best for you

I live on green days!! I eat a massive portion of mashed potato and spaghetti hoops for lunch most days and then have chips, mash or a jacket for dinner. I've lost 6.5lbs in my first two weeks back on plan!

I know that everybody is different but if eating carbs made you put on weight, they wouldn't be free! Try to add them gradually and see if that helps x

Back