Cardinal sin!

huntsu1

OK I know I should not have done it but I am struggling - after a brilliant 20 weeks following EE my weight loss has really slowed down, I know I should not moan as I have now lost 3.5 stones but the week before last only lost 1lb so decided to go back to basics and record everything along with syn vales, my idea was that it would probably be a good week and I would then have a record to use again! but despite following EE to the letter I only managed 1/2lb loss,

My consultant checked my food diary at then end of the evening and could not find anything wrong, she suggested I try Red/Green for the coming week and keep a diary for her. I have done this alternating red/green days (I now know when they call it EE),

Here comes the stupid bit - I weight in on a Tuesday evening and last night I thought I had done so well I would just take a peek - my scales read the same as SW although I dont use them more than once a week usually. Well looks like I have stayed the same. :sigh:

I am thinking today I will increase my fluids, although I drink more than 8 glasses a day anyway, so should I increase fluid today and tomorrow and then not so much on weigh-in day? I dont want to overload with a false reading due to fluid?

Sorry for such a long post but really feeling a bit down, I am quite happy with 1-2lb every week but not sure I can do another week with no loss when I am following plan to the letter.

Can a loss show only just before next weigh-in?
I may take a week off-plan next week and see what happens.

I find that I lose most on red days, when I'm trying to lose. Obviously, no weigh in matters but the one at slimming world, and it's possible that you were holding water or bloating when you weighed at home - trust me, I've had that happen, turned up disheartened and found a loss.

And like you've said, you've done fantastic losting 3.5st! It's natural for it to slow down after a time, because you don't have so much to lose. Have you thought abut changing your activity level?

Also, are you eating the same things for breakfast/lunch? I know it's easy to vary evening meals, but personally I've found that I can get stuck in a rut with lunchtime eats, then I don't lose as much.

Hope this helps!

huntsu1 said:
OK I know I should not have done it but I am struggling - after a brilliant 20 weeks following EE my weight loss has really slowed down, I know I should not moan as I have now lost 3.5 stones but the week before last only lost 1lb so decided to go back to basics and record everything along with syn vales, my idea was that it would probably be a good week and I would then have a record to use again! but despite following EE to the letter I only managed 1/2lb loss,

My consultant checked my food diary at then end of the evening and could not find anything wrong, she suggested I try Red/Green for the coming week and keep a diary for her. I have done this alternating red/green days (I now know when they call it EE),

Here comes the stupid bit - I weight in on a Tuesday evening and last night I thought I had done so well I would just take a peek - my scales read the same as SW although I dont use them more than once a week usually. Well looks like I have stayed the same. :sigh:

I am thinking today I will increase my fluids, although I drink more than 8 glasses a day anyway, so should I increase fluid today and tomorrow and then not so much on weigh-in day? I dont want to overload with a false reading due to fluid?

Sorry for such a long post but really feeling a bit down, I am quite happy with 1-2lb every week but not sure I can do another week with no loss when I am following plan to the letter.

Can a loss show only just before next weigh-in?
I may take a week off-plan next week and see what happens.

I am going to apologise outright if i upset you with this post, but time for a few home truths.

Losing weight is not rocket science. Eat less calories or burn more calories, or both.

You are 3.5 stone Lighter than when you started SW - are you still eating portions like you did when you first started? If so, thats more likely to the issue than that fact you do EE. You've proved EE works by losing 3.5 stone doing it. Why would you & your consultant suddenly decide it doesn't work? Your consultant is giving you lazy advice.

Then theres the weighing on your own scales. I am frankly Bored of seeing the same thing nearly ever day. 'i know i shouldn't but i weighed myself - my scales always match the SW ones' & it looks like i've sts/gained/lost x pounds (delete as appropriate. Seriously love - stop torturing yourself. You can search this site for the hundreds of other threads about this & why its a plain stupid idea. You weighed yourself 3 days before your normal weigh in onscales which did't cost £2000 like the SW ones. What exactly did you expect?

kingleds said:
I am going to apologise outright if i upset you with this post, but time for a few home truths.

Losing weight is not rocket science. Eat less calories or burn more calories, or both.

You are 3.5 stone Lighter than when you started SW - are you still eating portions like you did when you first started? If so, thats more likely to the issue than that fact you do EE. You've proved EE works by losing 3.5 stone doing it. Why would you & your consultant suddenly decide it doesn't work? Your consultant is giving you lazy advice.

Then theres the weighing on your own scales. I am frankly Bored of seeing the same thing nearly ever day. 'i know i shouldn't but i weighed myself - my scales always match the SW ones' & it looks like i've sts/gained/lost x pounds (delete as appropriate. Seriously love - stop torturing yourself. You can search this site for the hundreds of other threads about this & why its a plain stupid idea. You weighed yourself 3 days before your normal weigh in onscales which did't cost £2000 like the SW ones. What exactly did you expect?

Everything she said!

:bighug:

Hi there!

How are you doing TODAY?

I have no words of wisdom to impart but I do know about those darned scales. I weight at home on the same scales and am trying to tame myself into weighing once a week. Sometimes I get on the scales midweek and then either a) they show a gain so I eat to console myself or b) they show a loss so I eat to celebrate. Go on tell me I'm just daft. But the weight one day and the next can be so different. My advise, if I have any to give is ~ Ditch Those Scales.

Some people find a better loss when having the Red and Green plans.... but for me it depends on what suits me and my lifestyle. Green suited me many years ago and I'm following it now. Lost weight on it ~ when people were saying Green wasn't for them, it had to be red. Also I find it easier to boil pasta than to cook meat! (lazy I know)

And they say the longer you take to get off the weight the longer you will keep it off as well.

3.5 stone is awesome ~ don't throw the towel in just yet.

Do let us know how you get on and what you are eating.

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

Thanks Judith for your positive post, I have put the sales away in a cupboard and there they will stay - I have stuck to the plan as my consultant suggested of red/green for the week although decided this morning to do EE for the final day. It was nice having the extra HEX's but think overall I prefer to cound as syns if I want more than 1 of each.

I wont give up, just feeling low about my recent losses. I sit in class ans hear people brag how they have lost 3 or 4lbs and have been out to dinner etc and I am sticking to the plan 100%.

I go to the gym 3 times a week and walk our two jack russels for about an hour each day (longer at the weekends) so exercise is not a problem.

I'm going to go back to EE after weigh in on Tuesday evening and see what happens. I think I just need a bit of reassurance that this is just a blip and if I continue with what I have been doing I will continue to lose.

From reading through past posts on this site I think its normal to hit a period where your weight loss slows right down, keep trucking you've done SO well so far! :D

In regards to the home weigh in, we all know we shouldnt but some of us are more disciplined than others! I try not to weigh at home but I invariably always do, and it usually bears no resemblance to my official weigh in so I dont know why I keep doing it lol.

I've never been one for big losses, but a gain last week made me realise how happy I was with even a 1lb loss every week.

Keep going and remember how it felt to be the weight you were when you started, and how far you've come :)

Thanks Judith for your positive post, I have put the sales away in a cupboard and there they will stay - I have stuck to the plan as my consultant suggested of red/green for the week although decided this morning to do EE for the final day. It was nice having the extra HEX's but think overall I prefer to cound as syns if I want more than 1 of each.

I wont give up, just feeling low about my recent losses. I sit in class ans hear people brag how they have lost 3 or 4lbs and have been out to dinner etc and I am sticking to the plan 100%.

I go to the gym 3 times a week and walk our two jack russels for about an hour each day (longer at the weekends) so exercise is not a problem.

I'm going to go back to EE after weigh in on Tuesday evening and see what happens. I think I just need a bit of reassurance that this is just a blip and if I continue with what I have been doing I will continue to lose.
Hi I know how you feel but for weeks and weeks before I hit target I was getting half pound losses only! lI too felt cheated when others had eaten and drunk lots and lost a lot more than me BUT I kept on going kept on with my 100% motivation, and guess what, I got to target eventually. Lose the scales, you will do it! x

Hi I know how you feel but for weeks and weeks before I hit target I was getting half pound losses only! lI too felt cheated when others had eaten and drunk lots and lost a lot more than me BUT I kept on going kept on with my 100% motivation, and guess what, I got to target eventually. Lose the scales, you will do it! x

I can recall what I used to feel when going to class ~ plugging away at green days (I was veggie then) and had a pound or two loss most weeks ~ sometimes stalling as well.... little losses when I had a loss.... and then other people would have a blowout every weekend and it seemed to woosh off of them.... but I tell you something..... my little losses added up to over 5.5stone. I stayed the course. The other folk left the meeting and regained weight. I know I'm restarting but I'm not weighing the amount I weighed when I first went to SW meetings. I am doing it from home so I don't get dishearted when everyone else loses massive. Also when I willed it off it stuck on and when I wasn't worried it came off.... my fat is funny like that!

How goes life with you today?

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

Back on track with my scales firmly put away in the cuboard. I am going to stick to EE from now on, will have to wait for this evening to see if I have lost anything.

Good luck with your weigh in this evening. It's so easy to say but you should never compare to other people. Everybody is different, have different weights to lose so their losses will be different. Maybe some people do have a blow out on a Saturday night, but how do you know that they aren't 'starving' themselves the rest of the week to make up for it? That's not healthy and the weight won't stay off because surely nobody can keep that up??

What you've lost so far is amazing so the plan does work. If you've always drunk the same amount of water then how about increasing it a little. Like was said earlier if you burn more calories than you eat you will lose weight. With your weight loss though, your metabolism has probably changed so you will need to eat less than you did to start with. I'm not sure if you've ever done weight watchers, but with their old plan you used to have less points to use everytime you went down a stone bracket.

How many syns a day do you use? If you've been having 15 on average, how about trying 10? Make sure your plate has a third superfree on it. Snack on superfree foods during the day if you're peckish.

Those dreaded scales...........................I use mine all the time. I know I shouldn't but I bet a huge percentage of people do. It's one thing knowing what's best to do, it's a whole other ball game actually doing it. Well done you for hiding them away though. Good luck with your weigh in tonight, and let us know how you get on xx

Well better than expected 1.5 loss this week. So will keep on track, going to concentrate on upping my superfree and keeping the scales in the cupboard.

Back