CarefulCounter's Food Diary

good for you for counting it - theres a lesson there - always keep 2 things in mind if you're eating out - i had the same issue when i went to chiquitos and they had no paella.. was gutted :p

important thing though, did you have a nice time when you were there? :) x

I had a lovely time with my friends thank you, and really enjoyed bodyattack this evening. Am very tired - work is CRAZY atm! - so short post today, just food...

B - poached eggs x2, slice wholemeal toast, juice, tea, fig roll - 318
L - wholemeal roll, mushroom soup, mini homemade chocolate and cranberry brownie (colleagues b'day, was delish and well worth it and only had little 4 mouthful sized piece) - 506
S - GoAhead crispy slices x3 - 162
D - chinese stir fry veg, olive oil, Blue Dragon oyster and spring onion sauce, salmon fillet, rice - 451
late night naughtiness - WW mini roll - 80

Total = 1517

pretty happy coz was starving after class and only had more rice than intended and one mini roll.

bed time now zzzzzz

tea sounds absolutely lush Rach, next time you have that i'm coming :D

well done on your class i reckon you'll easy be dropping a few lbs this week with all your hard work :)

hope work is less crazy today! xxx

It's a long way down to where I live (you're from Newcastle right?) - I am driving up to Newcastle tomorrow and back on Sunday so I can see an old housemate and her boyfriend...will be lovely but it's 4 hrs each way (without stops/traffic!) oof! Tired now anyway so going straight to bed.

Went out for Indian with my parents this evening and think I did rather well... 1.5 poppadoms and some mango chutney, 2 tbsp plain rice, half a lamb shashlick, 2 tbsp channa masala and 2 - 3 tbsp chicken something I can't remember with a tomato/lentil sauce! Oh and 2 after eights that came with the bill!

B - wholemeal toast x3, lurpak, raspberry jam, honey, juice, tea - 391
L - chicken/veg soup (only ate half, was a disappointment), melon - 137
S - crispy slices, fig rolls x2, tea - 291
D - as above - I make it about 680

= 1555 - pretty good with dinner out! Now to manage a weekend away!!

Hey you, sorry I havent been around much lately - have been lurking but head not been in the right place :sigh: but Rach has been here for the weekend and she's sorted me out :D:D:D Hope you've had a lovely weekend in Newcastle. Take care xxx

oh no! cant believe i read this 3 days late :(

when you come up next, come for luncheon with me please? :D x

Hello girls, I am glad to read that you had such a lovely weekend together. Jax you sound like a super amazing cook!

Sorry I haven't checked in until tonight. I had an amazing time in Newcastle, tried to be restrained but that went out the window on Friday night when we went to this amazing Mexican place and had proper fajitas and lots of daiquiris. Rachael I really liked Newcastle, it seemed a really friendly city and the old centre is BEAUTIFUL (NB I am a history graduate so right up my street!). Apart from that, didn't calorie count but think did alright. Went for 5 mile walk on the hills nr Hexham Saturday in the glorious sunshine. Sunday's drive home was VILE though - driving rain and horrific wind and surface water...was absolutely exhausted when I got home.

..yes the state of over-tiredness is not one I cope with well...led to homemade wedges and fish fingers and beans and LOADS of chocolate. Last night wasn't much better :(.

But still, down 1 pound this week unbelieveably...think it was the exercise really.

Today:
B - wholemeal toast x2, lurpak lighter, homemade plum jam, tea, juice, 3 bites of rancid melon eugh! = 302
L - broccoli and stilton soup, wholemeal roll = 325
S - shortbread petticoat tails x3 (I stupidly took a box of shortbread into work as it's been exactly a year since I started there), hobnob, tea = 335

Just having a cup of tea and going to cook dinner shortly, will be:
chinese stir fry veg, olive oil, Uncle Ben's sweet+sour sauce, quinoa = 435

So today will = 1397.

In my lunch break I planned out my food for the week including when I know I will be eating out for lunch etc so hopefully back on the right track. Think I got down Sunday night/Monday night because I was over-tired and was so lovely seeing my friend but now miss her (we lived together at uni) and seeing her new home with her boyfriend makes me feel a bit lonely! Sob!

Mmmm stll thinking about Rachel's description of those gorgeous dishes you made Jax!!

Take care xx

:( I can't believe it's not even 9pm...I feel so down and lethargic at the moment, I am constantly fighting the urge to hide away from people (which, when I do, makes me even more down and lonely) and just sleep the gloomy days away. I get phases of this gloominess/depression but its always so much more frequently in the winter when everything is so grey and dreary and I only get vitamin D if I can spare the time to pop outside in my lunchbreak and am not tied to the desk in case the phones ring :(

Eugh I'm such a whingebag, but typing it out is theraputic. And (currently) stopping me reaching for a bowl of cereal to comfort me. Argh being down is one of the worst things when you live alone, there's no one to force you to stop feeling sorry for yourself or distract you. (Don't get me wrong, the majority of the time i love having my own place...just right now I'd like to be 15 so I could go home to Mum and Dad for a snuggle on the sofa [which at 22 I still do when I stay there for a night or 2!])

Oh dear I hope I haven't set the tone of gloominess. Sigh :(

the cereal won... I am going to try desperately not to have it in the house after this packet...cereal is evil...my tummy hurts :( I'm so disappointed in myself. And embarrassed to have spurted all this out to the world!! Ah well, I can't see you judge me lol!

I threw out the rest of the packet, emptied it into the bin so irretrievable. My late night cereal binges when I'm feeling negative and gloomy will only stop if I don't have the stuff in the flat. I feel better for having chucked it, more in control! I know lots of people have this thing with bread, but its cereal for me - always like to be different! :) Feeling bit better now done that. xxx

Right after yesterday's therapy session I'm feeling very positive today!! :)

Really enjoyed my bodyattack class this evening and stayed within planned cals. Yeay!

B - juice, tea, wholemeal toast x2, lurpak, honey - 292
S - shortbread - 68
L - egg mayo baguette, capri-sun - 570
D - chicken, olive oil, chinese stir fry veg, Uncle Ben's sweet and sour sauce, pepper - 453

= 1383

In bed now so no liklihood of nibbling (and nothing in house to nibble on haha! Need to go shopping!!)

Hi hun, well done for getting back on track after being attacked by the naughty cereal monster. As for feeling down and having a blip - dont think that we would ever judge you - we do it ourselves and yesterday was a particularly bad day for me too (actually if I'm honest make that the last two weeks have been particularly bad for me LOL). Take care and hope tomorrow goes well xxx

Thanks Jax that means a lot :) I appreciate the encouragement.
It made me stop and think about what I eat and what I put in my body. used to be really good - ate too much and too much chocolate etc but I was conscious about wholegrains, drinking enough and eating my five a day. I had my wisdom teeth out over the summer and was very ill for about 2 weeks and it took a month til I could eat properly. I lost a bunch of weight and missed food so much - when everything is pureed it starts to taste the same! Since then I'm been terrible (according to my standards!). Anyway, have planned out my food for next week and written a list, that should help.

B - juice, tea, wholemeal toast x2, poached eggs x2 = 333
L - broccoli and stilton soup, wholemeal roll = 390
D - wholemeal pasta, dolmio stir in, broccoli, chicken = 425
S - oatybar, shortbread bix x2 = 225

= 1378

really well done on your 1lb off Rach, thats fantastic! and yeah, i love Newcastle - you are welcome to come stay with me if you fancy visiting again soon :)

well done on getting back on the counting wagon too - i know how hard it is when you have days off!

have a good day :) xxx

Hello - glad it is Friday. Was really busy at work today but we all went out to a pub for lunch - manager paid :) - and had a friend over this evening for curry (jar not takeaway) and a film. Was fun and looking forward to my lazy morning tomorrow and nice quiet day pottering about.

B - bran and seed bagel, plum jam, juice, tea, mango = 360
L - pork and apple wholemeal sandwich, some fat chips = 550
D - beef saag masala, rice = 433
S - shortbread, hot choc = 105

= 1457, pretty good for lunch out and curry I'd say!

Eugh couldn't sleep in this morning so feeling very tired and grumpy! Went to the supermarket too for a big shop, had run out of even storecupboard basics! I hate small children in supermarkets - there should be a pen to leave them in at the entrance!

B - bran and seed bagel, lurpak, honey, tea, juice, melon = 413
S - oatybar, mini galaxy bar = 214
L - tom soup, slice wholemeal toast, apple = 319

= 936

not sure whether going to my friend's for dinner tonight or not yet so not sure about dinner. Am hungry now though :( thinking of a low cal snack as I had that naughty choc bar so my cals crept up quickly today.

Hi, hope you've had a good day and have fun at friends if you end up going. Fingers crossed that you get a lazy morning tomorrow. Take care xxx

Lovely day today - parents came over for sunday lunch. Ate too many maltesers with my mum this afternoon though - ah well, I enjoyed the day.

B - juice, tea, blueberries, cream cracker = 81
L - roast gammon, gravy, stuffing, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, carrots, broccoli, homemade apple crumble = 719
D - spagetti, dolmio stir in sauce, parmesan = 317
S - maltesers (half a box!!) = 371

= 1488

Planned food for tomorrow as working through to an evening meeting so need to take lunch and dinner:

B - porridge, stewed apples, juice, tea = 198
L - scotch broth soup, wholemeal roll, ski yoghurt = 396
D - WW chicken lasagne, apple = 398
S - blueberries

= 1271

absolutely shattered from work, pounding head, going to bed after my cocoa

B - half bowl burnt porridge and stewed apples (learnt my lesson!), bagel, olivio, tea, juice = 332
L - scotch broth, roll, ski light yog = 396
D - ww chicken lasagne, apple = 398
S - blueberries, hot choc =97

= 1223 hm low but filling day

Sorry to hear you've got a poorly head and are shattered and hope you're safely tucked up in bed now after your cocoa! Hopefully tomorrow you'll be feeling right as rain ... never did understand that saying ... who'd want to feeling like rain - anyway you know what I mean! You deserve a big :patback: for sticking to your food plan while feeling poorly! When's your WI? must be soon me thinks - good luck for whenever it is. Take care and catch up soon x

Back