CarefulCounter's Food Diary

sounds lush Rach! could murder a curry - just egged OH into making one for me tomorrow - yay :D

hope you've had a good few days! xxx

Hehe I like my curry too Rach and discovered chickpea masala last time I went to an Indian restaurant so that's where I got the idea from. Yummy.

Yesterday was... well Monday's night's combat class was awesome but by yesterday afternoon I was in pain, not sore and achey but pain. I completely overdid it and my shoulders, across my upper back and down my upper arms were burning last night and all of today. Really wanted to go to bodyattack and knew I'd feel totally fat and lazy and useless if I didn't so I got myself all worked up this evening and ended up bawling down the phone to my mum who sensibly suggested I stay home and get early night tonight and go to the step class tomorrow instead (since my arms wont be up to LBT anyway). I calmed down and feel better now. Anyway all that trauma meant yeserday foodwise went - well not badly as I ate mostly good things, but the choosing of good things eg muesli to chomp on was damage limitation against the temptation to eat a litre of ice cream! Anyway, today was better-ish.

Apologies for always moaning, don't know why you keep reading!!

Today -
B - muesli, milk, tea, juice = 470
L - sushi, jam tart, clementines, blueberries = 477
D - baked sweet potato, smidge olivio, sprinkle cheese, brussel sprouts, 1 egg+1 egg white omlette, frylight = 384
S - cereal bar = 79

= 1409

then I had an unmeasured bowl of muesli, prob 250 cals on top and would have been fine if I wasn't so pathetically wimpy that I mess up my arms after an hours exercise!!!!! Grr!!! Think I need some sleep! :)

B - muesli, milk, tea = 508
L - wholemeal wrap, philly light with basil, cucumber, spinach, ham, blueberries, sliver coffee/walnut cake = 414
S - cream cracker, yoghurt = 154
D - 3 bean soup with added spinach and mushrooms, petit pain = 347

= 1423

+ 1 hr step class

aww bless you! we've all overdone exercise classes - think its mighty unfair that we put all that effort in and what are we rewarded with? pain :p not on!

that soup sounds lush.. did you make it or buy it? x

Bought it, it's a Sainsbury's fresh soup, bit watery I thought but good pimped up hehe!

Day off yesterday and it was a Friday (my treat day) so didn't count, def went over but I did go on a 6 mile walk in the country as well so not too cross.

Went xmas shopping today - Cambridge was HEAVING!!

B - omlette with 1 egg and 1 egg white, mushrooms, frylight, tea, juice = 135
L - went to Carluccios!!! was delish!! taglatelle al funghi (a broth sauce not creamy woo!), garlic foccacia (1 slice, didn't have my second piece) = 584 (but that's guesswork on components)
S = 2 liebniz = 120
D - reduced sugar/salt beans, best of both toast x2, melon = 403
S - oatybar = 67

= 1318 so thats okay if actually the pasta/bread was more. Have a lovely evening all xx

Last edited:
Hey you, sorry not been around much this week - mega busy. Cambridge isnt far from me - in fact nearly ended up there yesterday for a spot of chrimbo shopping myself but school rang to say my daughter needed picking up as poorly so didnt make it. Well done on your 6 mile country walk - very impressive at this time of year. I went off to lincolnshire to donna nook to see baby seals - soooo cute!!! Think I earnt a good few APs there! Hope you're having a fab weekend xxx

Thanks Jax, it's great to hear from you.Your trip to Licolnshire sounds right up my street, fabulous! Nice to get a breath of air before the winter truly sets in isn't it? And I love Cambridge - my sister is at uni there (she's a brainy box!!) and love visiting her, I am on the look out for a job there as I would really love to live there (if I can afford it!!). I live in Northants so not too far.

Today was good day...
B - poached egg, best both toast, tea, juice = 192
S - 2 choc crunch creams (heaven in a biscuit! how did I not know about these before?? luckily they were a colleagues and they are all gone now!) = 133
L - salad with spinach, cucumber, goats cheese and sunflower seeds; 3 bean soup, ski yoghurt = 505
S - another crunch cream after a mouthful of mouldy banana ew! = 66
D - river cobbler ( ate half, tastes...well, river-bottom-ish!!), roast BNS, mushrooms, carrot and brussel sprouts, broccoli, quinoa, HP sauce = 274

= 1275, will prob have small bowl cereal as not full from dinner (coz left half lol but at least I'm getting the hang of the no-need-to-empty-your-plate-for-the-sake-of-it rule!)

and went to Bodycombat !!!! yeay!!!!

B - cereal, milk, juice = 591
L - salad with spinach, goat cheese and leftover roasted brussels, carrots, sweet potato and mushroom and leftover quinoa = 251
S - blueberries, clementines x2, 2 slices dried apple = 132
D - chicken in Nando's Portuguese BBQ marinade, baked sweet potato, olivio, sweetcorn, broccoli, melon = 408

= 1382

B - bran and seed bagel, philly extra light, juice, tea = 260
L - baked potato, WW tuna and sweetcorn, cucumber, apple = 414
S - ski yoghurt, clementine, nakd bar = 250
D - 2 egg omlette with spinach and goats cheese, carrot 'chips', toast x2, olivio = 493

= 1417 + bodyattack class

Ooof been busy so not been on here, sorry!

Thursday:
B - juice, tea, best of both toasted x2, pb, honey = 428
L - mushroom soup, h/b egg, wholemeal roll, spinach, cucumber, balsamic
S - oatybar = 67
D - wholemeal pasta, bgty pesto, roasted brussels, roasted bns, broccoli, choc fingers, tea = 518

= 1394

Friday ( this is embarrassing but I promised I would be honet with myself and log everything):
B - sultana bran, honey nut c/flakes, milk = 677
L - clem, minestrone = 225
S - (it goes downhill from here on in!) - mince pie = 204
D - margherita pizza, chocolate = *deep breath* 1572
= :$ 2678

Saturday - bit high but did better (the dodgy ground was a friend's film night)
B - juice, best of both slice, egg, tea = 192
L - carrot and coriander soup, wholemeal roll, coffee truffle = 404
S - clem, fig roll = 96
D - wholemeal roll, 2 eggs, lurpak lighter, butter and sultana bookies, chocolate fingers = 852

= 1554

Sunday:
Brunch - sultana bran, h/n cflakes, milk, juice = 570
S - apple w/ cinnamon, tea = 106
D - mushroom and chestnut patty, bns, olivio, sunflower seeds, peas, egg, melon = 496

= 1172

Hopefully back on course now!

Monday:
B - boiled egg, slice best of both toast, pbutter, milk, juice = 254
S - clem = 35
L - ham and avocado salad wrap with philly extra light, chicken noodle cup soup, hob nob = 475
D - ski yoghurt, carrot, blueberries, cottage pie = 446
S - w-bix x2, cflakes, milk = 226

= 1436

Tuesday:
B - best of both toast x3, olivio, jam, juice, tea = 441
S - clem = 35
L - blueberries, apple, carrot, 3 bean soup = 311
S - oatybar = 67
D - 2 egg omlette with pepper, courgette and mushroom, slice toast, olivio, bns = 389
S - square choc = 52

= 1295

Wednesday:
B - W-bix x3, milk, juice, melon = 330
S - hobnob = 67
L - spinach, cucumber, blueberries, avocado, haricot beans, tomato, red pepper, goats cheese, carrot, clementine, go ahead crispy slices = 454
S - yoghurt = 126
D - roasted veg ravioli, olive oil, mushrooms, red pepper, courgette, cheddar, ham, square dark choc (Lindt with almonds mm) = 539

= 1516 (higher to compensate for bodyattack class this evening)

hey Rach, sorry i've not been about - been super busy :( glad to see you are doing well (apart from that one particular day haha ;) ) and hope it continues upto xmas :D

love ya! :D x

Thursday:
B - egg on toast x 2, tea, juice
S - blueberries
L - tortilla wrap with spinach, cuc, ham, philly, avocado, oatybar
S - mini mince pie
D - haricot beans, mushroom, pepper, courgette, tin tomatoes, tom puree, lemon and coriander couscous, dried apple, melon
S - 4 squares lindt with almonds

= 1674 - 185 for workout (but still not great)

Friday (day off remember!):
B - Wbix x2, milk, toast, pb, tea, juice
S - clem
L - 3 bean soup, spinach, skinny cappuccino
S - ski yog, celebration
D - fish and chips!

= 1673

Saturday:
B - melon, juice, tea, Wbix x2, milk
L - Chop'd jerk chicken salad, no dressing
S - strawberry ice-cream in interval of ballet, half nakd bar
D - 2 egg ham omlette, toast with olivio x2, dried apple, 2 squares lindt with almonds

= 1412 and did quite bit of walking.

WI this am - lost 2 lbs :)

Today's plan:
B - bran and seed bagel, pb, olivio, plum jam, tea, juice = 406
L - spicy bean burger, salad with spinach, cuc, avo, tomato = 312
S or dessert for dinner - mango = 67
D - chicken breast, nando's portuguese bbq marinade, roasted parsnip, acorn squash and brussels = 375

= 1160.

Was thinking of going to gym but now thinking will do all my errands and finish xmas shopping then do my new yogalates dvd. Bodycombat tomorrow night - best thing about Mondays! So relieved it's the last full week til Christmas then just 3 day week. Cannot wait for a nice break.

Hehe such good intentions, broke into the chocolate last night (embarrassingly OTT on the consumption) but I added some to last night's cal total and the rest to todays so all is accounted for.

Y'day = 1433

Today:
B - best of both toasted x2, pb, poached egg, tea = 319
L - wholemeal wrap with spinach, tomato, cuc, WW tin tuna mayo; carrot; ski yog = 420
S - special k bar = 90
D - acorn squash, courgette, mushrooms, roasted veg ravioli, ham, mango = 409

NET:
+ choc from last night = 1645
- bodycombat (logged on foodfocus as high impact aerobics - 387) = 1258

Bodycombat definitely made up for having to spend an hour standing outside in the rain during a fire drill at 10am this morning!! Was not a happy bunny!

B - food doctor high bran and seed bagel, pb, tea = 346
S - blueberries = 57
L - minestrone soup, spinach, wholemeal roll, ski yoghurt = 381
D - fish fingers, baked beans (hehe!), melon = 393
S - Wbix, milk = 117

= 1387

have a merry christmas a brilliant new year x x

Hey you, thanks for your support over last few weeks. Sorry I've been AWOL - Hope you've had a lovely weekend. Just seen your post that your in Northants - possibly closer to me than Cambridge then LOL - I'm just south of Peterborough. Thanks again for your support. Hope you have a lovely Christmas. Take care xxx

hey Rach :) sorry not been about much. hope you have a lovely xmas :) xxx

Just popping in to wish you a merry chrimbo - hope you have a good one. Lots of hugs xxx

Back