CarefulCounter's Food Diary

Right I have read lots of people's diaries on here and found them really motivating and interesting. I am nervous of putting myself out there but I think it will really help me - I guess I hope for a bit of support when it's tough and a proper telling off when I mess up!

I'm 22 and have always been ... cuddly shall we say :) And since starting work in an office after leaving uni and living on my own my weight has been creeping up and I know I comfort eat too much. So, here I am, warts and all... hope I can be totally honest.

Well, today... all went really well with balance of calorie and not getting too hungry. Then the other half of the bag Hotel Chocolat Caramel Chocolate Puddles my cousin bought me for my birthday (the first half of which I ate yesterday :$) called out to me and now they are gone :( Think I'm still under 1700 cals though so that's maintenance at least but the bank holiday weeekend was hard to stay under the 1250 I stuck to so well through my first week. Sigh! Well, at least those chocolates are gone now and I didn't go crazily over target.

Just get so cross with myself! I was doing so well with self control!

Anyway will post my food diary each time too so I am more accountable than just using Food Focus.

cranberry juice light, bran flakes, skim milk, tea
2 apples
chicken and sweetcorn soup
Tesco L/C apple and raisin bar - ICK!!! Tasted so fake, the rest are going a la dustbin!
Birds Eye hot (yeh right!) chilli and wedges... i know, a ready meal, but usually a cook!
Oh yeh - too many chocolate buttony things.

Oh dear, such an embarrassing day to start on!

Now that all the chocs are gone it should be easier. I was good all day then in the evening I dipped into the biscuit tin, not just a biscuit but a handful. Good luck on your journey

Good lord I have just read back what I wrote - what a whinge bag! New day...and a sunny day at that!...so feeling much more positive.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Food today~
cranberry juice light, raising wheats, sweepings, skim milk, tea
apple
baked potato/tuna mayo
few almonds

Going to the races this evening, should be fun, not been before!

Yes I have been reading your notes :) Though I can't say I have ever tried any of the Dorset Cereals products...I feel I am missing out!!

Today is going well and was good at the pub - went with work - and they had doorstep sandwiches with chips and I had baked potato with some of the tuna mayo it came with and a naked salad :) It was good and should keep me full through a busy evening so can just have a light supper later...usually I prefer to spread my calories out more.

Isn't the sunshine just glorious?! It's ridiculous how much more positive everyone feels when the sunshines.

Hope the races are good - never been before, this one is jumping horses... will have to place a little bet (prob based on something exceptionally scientific like the colour of the jockey's jersey or the name of the horse!) and see if I win anything!

oo have fun!

hope you do well on the weight loss journy, its past birthdays that delayed me too, athough when it came to my birthday I only had a few chocolates a day I got more out the chocolates that way and kept the pounds off aswell!

Tesco L/C apple and raisin bar - ICK!!! Tasted so fake, the rest are going a la dustbin!

Ha, that made me laugh... did the same thing myself! Also tried Asda own brand Good For You raspberry and apple bars I think they were? Whatever they were they tasted medicinal and totally vile. Even the magpies in my garden wouldn't eat them and they're not fussy! From now on I stick to the good old Alpen lights.

Sounds like you've got a really balanced eating plan in action - and may I just say I have extreme admiration for anyone who can exercise the slightest bit of discipline with any product from Hotel Chocolat. I'd munch it within approximately 12 seconds. Then look for more! :p

Yes it's such pot luck with own brand products sometimes and cereal bars in particular...so many cereal bars are far too sweet for me or taste, as you say, medicinal! I have never tasted anything so vile as those fruit bar thingies *shudder*. Not tried Alpen Lights, will put them on my list of ideas picked up from the site! I do always like to have a cereal bar in my handbag in case of emergencies!

I haven't been updating here - I suppose because I haven't been brilliant but I have had a STS week so not too much to complain about. The 2nd half of the 2nd bag of Hotel Chocolat Puddles disappeared last night! The raspberry ripple ones - they really were fruity! But I didn't go quite up to my maintenance cals and work has been very stressful. It was better than a glass of wine as that would have given me the mucnhies too!

Election day (I work in Democratic Services in local gov't) so no one else int he office and I will be the human answering service for committees and whenever elections officers have to dash off and rescue a traumatised poll clerk!

Going to have a nice lunch today - been working my way through the Tesco fresh soup range and am on Chicken and sweetcorn - really flavoursome and chunky, keeps me full and has lovely flavour. Sometimes with soup I find that after half a bowl I can't stomach anymore because of the bland texture but this one is chunky and got proper bit of chicken in! I can also recommend the Cauliflower and Cheese seasonal soup!

Take care all x

Crikey, election day must be stressful stuff! I hope it all runs as smoothly as anything in local government can! :p

The Tesco fresh soup range sounds yummy. Soups can be so hit and miss. I need the chunky texture, too, or else it just feels like purgatory in a bowl. I'll have to give the Tesco range a try, I've found it hard to find good fresh soups, so just been sticking to the old Batchelor's Soupfuls pouches. They're not bad for what they are, and they're wonderfully filling.

Hope today doesn't drive you totally nuts!

hunted you down :D how is your diet going?

I'm back and reporting for duty - thank you for the inspiration Rachael!

At the moment I am counting my calories as usual but on a get-fit mission. The logic is - when actually get to the gym and exercise I feel much happier and thinner so I eat less and also obsess about what I'm eating less. And vice cersa - when I'm not exercising much I think about my calories all the time and end up nibbling loads! So exercise is good for weight loss and fitness and also part of my plan to avoid the winter blues (winters can get bit depressing when you live alone)

Today I ate:
B - juice, 50/50 toastx2, poached eggs x2, cuppa
L - leek and potato soup (no not homemade I am ashamed to say!), roll, ski smooth yoghurt (I don't do BITS in yoghurt, it's my only food hang up - oh apart from broad beans eugh!)
D - sainsburys BGTY spinach and ricotta canneloni (yum!!), broccoli, cabbage, leek
S - 5 celebrations (we won them at a pub quiz last night, had to be done!!)

Oh and 30 mins up and down hills on the cross trainer and some weights

ahem, fine, I'll admit it, all was angelic until I found the end of a chocolate orange I'd hidden. Drawing a line, drawing a line :)

French class tomorrow evening (part of the meeting people/not getting the winter blues plan!) so no time for naughtiness!

Night x

Feeling bad about that chocolate orange still and also wasn't that hungry this morning coz of it so...
B - toasted teacake, lupak lighter, juice, tea
L - melon, leek and potato soup, slice ham, granary roll
D - 2 weetabix, milk
S - oatybar mmmmm!

right lesson learnt, never post food in advance, i will get tempted!!
add 2 celebrations and 1 gingersnap biscuit to the snack list! sigh...they were yum though!

Hi, saw your posts over on Rach's thread and followed you over - not a stalker - Honest!!!

Good on you for drawing the line - not so easy after a terry's choc orange!!! Well done on the 30 mins on the cross trainer.

Hope today is going well - although I'm not sure I could survive on your planned food menu for today - how many cals are you sticking to? Take care xxx

aye, i dont know how many cals that is but it doesnt seem like a lot!

hope you've had a good day hunnybunch :D xxx

also, i will second the yum on the sainsburys canneloni - if you're a ready meal person, the chicken and broccoli pie is totally worth it too :D x

i also read your posts on rachaels, and decided to come and see how you are doing, and no im not a stalker either just like reading other diarys.hope you are ok and ill keep checking to see how youre doing take care x x

Hehe I'm not a ready meal person, but I have one probably once a week or so on a lazy day or if I see one (like canneloni) that I can't cook!

I had 2 weetabix, milk, some shreddies and a fig roll for supper. It's because I had french class this evening and knew I wouldn't be able to get away from work at 5 (ie go home between work and class!) so ate it at 9pm. I can't eat proper food then else I can't sleep. All told today was 1397 cals. Low but then no gym. I am trying to keep under 1500 and go to gym 3x a week, if I go lower on cals I can't stick to it and binge.

Talking of gyms I joined a different one today where they do the classes and was very excited when I was told that becuase I work for a Council in Northamptonshire, the council in my town (not even the one I work for!) allows me to use their corporate membership which is 25% cheaper. So for £2.75 more a month than the council gym I was at I get classes and the opportunity to swim after a workout coz the pool isn't taken over by children's swimming lessons! I was very happy!

Saw the spinning room...looks intimidating but going to try it!

Right bedtime now...I have to leave for a conference in Birmingham at 7am in the morning!! Ouf! Going to be a looong day, but going for dinner with a friend who lives nearby after which will be nice and means I avoid the traffic. Am going to request Wagamamas becase a/ I love and b/ can make a healthy dinner choice easily...if pizza or pasta is wafted near me I will have no control!

Thanks for visiting Rachael, Jaxx and bacardikim! I really appreciate it and feel very encouraged...off to stalk - ahem hunt down ha! - you guys now xx

bonjour Rach :D what level french are you doing? It was my favourite subject at school, mais je suis tres (whatever "rusty" is in french!) maintenant! :p

how are you on gym days? i find myself much hungrier, so if you're the same maybe consider eating a few more cals on those days? :)

hope you had a good day with your conference.. even if it was bad, bet lunch at wagas kept you happy - we'll have to go together sometime - have a Rach meet LOL :D x

Hello! Yesterday was exhausting, up from 530am until flopped into bed at 10pm absolutely shattered! The conference was really good though, as was seeing my old school friend after.

Foodwise had:
B - poached eggs x2, hovis best of both x2, juice, tea, melon
L - 2 litle ham sandwich quarters, mini half a jacket potato with roast veg in it, pineapple, melon
S - 2 mcvities crispy fruit slices
D - fresh bread dipped in olive oil (mmm - was ravenous!), chicken/leek/mushroom pie (didn't eat the puff pastry lid, get me!), cabbage, peas (prob in butter :()

Guessing with cals I think I came out okay because I hardly had any lunch and was up so long!

Today, back to work, dozing off over my keyboard (unable to go on minimins to keep myself awake because forums have been blocked!!)
B - bagel, lurpak lighter, auntie's homemade plum jam (mmmmmmm!!), juice, tea
L - baked potato, weightwatchers tuna mayo and sweetcorn tin, oatybar
S - fig roll, 3 celebrations
D - Young's haddock in sauce, cabbage, sweet potato

Very tired now so vegging on sofa watching masterchef! Hope everyone is alright today x

what do you mean they blocked the forums?! :mad: i'll tell em what for - LOL :D

i wouldnt worry about yesterday Rach, as long as you're back with it today i'm sure you will be fine :)

what was your conference on? x

Back