Caribbean Chicken

Josiecat

Silver Member
Serves 4 (4.5 syns for the whole recipe so just over 1 syn per serving plus Hex B)

4-6 pieces of chicken (breast/thigh fillet or thigh on the bone with skin removed)

2 peppers (any colour)

2 onions

1 435g can of pineapples rings in juice (Hex B)

4 tsp mild or medium curry powder

1 tbs Ketchup (1 syn)

1 tbs cornflour (3.5 syns)

1 pint chicken stock ( I use 3 chicken oxo)

1 banana (optional)

Use Frylight to seal the chicken in a frying pan and add to a large casserole dish or slow cooker.
Chop peppers and onions (leave in big pieces) gently fry and add to dish.
Add the pineapple rings to the dish.
Mix the cornflour with the juice from the canned pineapple. Add this to a saucepan with the chicken stock. Gently boil whilst stirring until thick.
Mix the ketchup and curry powder to this mixture and then season to taste.
Pour the liquid in to the casserole dish/slow cooker.
Cook in the oven on a medium heat for 1 hour or in the slow cooker for at least 4 hours.
Once out of the oven, chop the banana and stir in to serve.
This can be eaten alone or served with rice if on an EE day.

Sounds yum!

Oooooooooooooh this sounds lovely! im def gonna try it :)

thanks for posting :) x

Sounds nice but wont the pineapple be syns seeing as its being cooked? x

It's a HEX, it says in the recipe "1 435g can of pineapples rings in juice (Hex B)"

You get 198g tinned pineapple as a HEXB. Tinned fruit is already cooked in the process of tinning it, thats why it has syns.

tinned pineapple is cooked :O well i never :O

Yes because in order to preserve them for long periods in a can they have to be sterilised during the process, usually at high temperatures so they become 'cooked'.

Thats both the reason they have syns in them once they're canned/preserved and also the reason they go off so quickly once you open the tin - it used to be sterile inside the tin, but once you open it you let bacteria/organisms access the previously sterile food, so it soon goes off.

ermitrude, I wanted to ask you something... Is there anything you don't know??? :p Our SW guru :D x

Yes, all the information that is supposed to be going in my essay :(

I learnt that supa-doopa-fakt on this exact board only a few months ago actually ;)

Back