ProPoints CarlyLanky140's Weight Loss Journey (28/155lbs)

Let's shake ourselves together diva hehe :)
We could make a little dance up lol

Thanks Breda!
Xxx

I lost 3.5lbs :D - so that is a new low of 17 stone 10 and total loss of 37lbs :D xx

Yaaaaaa !!! way to go Carly:D:D . Thats a fantastic loss in one week and well into the 17's. I am so pleased for you . You have really kick started things again .:happy096:

I wasjust thinking this week about what makes the difference for me between a good week and a bad week ???

The difference for me is planning and using the word NO a bit more often and keeping buzy.

What do you think ????

Thanks Jo, Breda and Diva

Breda - it is definitely that pesky no and just thinking.. do I need it.... and if I really want it can I pp it? xx

Wow - well done on a fabulous loss this week.

Well done :D

Hi Carly ,Just realised you have almost lost 3 stone :)happy036:) .You must be feeling it now in your clothes .. thats amazing.

Any plans for the weekend ???? . mine is sleep and relax and read ... heaven !!!!

Honestly Breda that is my big disappointment.... my black work trousers almost fall off but I still don't fit in the size 24 :( and otherwise I wear dresses so don't really notice... I am off to a halloween party tomorrow :D an evening feeling uncomfortable in fancy dress... can't wait till I feel pretty whatever I wear! xx

I really don't know where to start..... the sad thing is I made a bullet point list so I don't miss anything out!!

* Fall - my trousers at work fall down (but the 24 still wont fit!!) and today the slid down, tangled around my shoe and I went over on my ankle falling onto all fours - sore ankle, sore knees ... stuff going flying everywhere and humiliation - the district judge was on the bench and the Court was packed.... and my big fat arse was stuck in the air probably showing a fair bit of knicker as my trousers fall down!!! just felt so embarassed and burst into tears... quickly composed myself and had to go to the police station.....

* Future work - after a long day I ended up talking to the practice manager... obviously work doesnt kno about teaching.... and basically they plan for me to entirely take over the Crown Court department by June next year (for no extra pay I hasten to add!!) - I just don't feel like I can do it.... and most of all I feel so guilty - they hired me to replace 2 people who retire next year..... what the hell am I gonna do?!

* Friend - well I was meant to be going to Preston tonight.... didn't finish work till 7 (as usual! - was 8.50 yest!) and so when I got home my annoying friend had text asking if/when I was coming... I said I would eat and probs by arriving at 10-11ish... she then told me she was going to bed at 11... but she wanted me to come?! I was just so stressed after a long day and did not want to be rushed... I know most people have 9-5 jobs but mine just isn't - she is the one who talks about me behind my back... but we have been friends for a few years .... anyways I am rambling but basically she normally never goes to bed before 2am but she has had a job for 2 weeks and now is exhausted all the time.... SHE DOES NOTHING COMPARED TO ME.... argh!!!!! anyways... sorry she is just one of those people who always annoys me... the sad thing is I am not sure I have a friends who doesn't take advantage of me or let me down...... I need to stand up for myself... so after that she sent a stroppy text saying I better be there by 12 so she can go to trafford centre... I want a blooming lie in on Sat hence why I was going tonight.... grrr.. I don't even want to go to Trafford Centre - I have no money, find shopping depressing at mo etc... but what does my opinion count?!.... so me being the usual walkover said I would be there at 12...

* Catalogues - Just after getting off the phone with my friend I went to my mum's room and she had a Next catalogue... which I picked up to look through... got two pages in and burst into tears... partially upset by friend etc... but partially because all of the models looked so lovely in the clothes and I know it is long way off me even being able to go into a normal shop let alone being able to try on anything and know it will at least fit.... I just feel so sad today.... All I have ever wanted is to wear size 10 clothes.... and I got there when I was 18 and it lasted a year... and I still felt fat... and then my boyfriend broke my heart and since then I have just been on a diet lost 2 stone and then put on 4.... I really want to break this cycle... but I just keep screwing it up...

* Food - I am only on the 3rd day of this week and am already 40pp over my weeklies.. and I am drinking and having a buffet tomorrow.... I plan to eat just a bit of buffet within my dailies and have 20pp of vodka... honestly I am just so disappointed in myself... please don't tell me off or lecture me right now... I just feel like climbing into bed and staying there.... I don't want to fail! Even if I do lose weight I can't afford clothes.... I just feel like utter crap and don't know what I want.....

I think I might restart the shred tomorrow - do it before I set off.... and then do it when I get back Sunday and try to do it everyday (except those that I go to the gym for body pump - which ideally will be Tues, Thurs and Sunday depending on work and other plans....)

Well if you made it this far - thank you very much for reading :D u really are very good people and lovely friends xxx

xxxx

Feeling better! Love everyone on here!!

Fancy a getting to know you style quiz???

Name: Carly
Home: Carlisle in Cumbria
Weight loss so far: 20 stone 5 down to 17 stone 10... 37lbs :D
Favourite food: Pizza
Least Favourite food: unfortunately don't like fruit or veg.... but I am working on it... getting a blender and chopper for chrimbo so I can cook stuff/ smoothies etc... one day at a time :D
5 reasons for dieting: 1) to shop in topshop 2) to feel happy when looking in mirror 3) to feel healthy 4) to never be called names in the street again 5) for me!

xxx

Lovely answers Jo :) xx

Name: Michelle
Home: Manchester
Occupation: Student (woops, before I left the answer I copied from- duh)
Weight loss so far: 37 lbs
Favourite food: Pizza, yoghurt, steak, chicken.
Least Favourite food: LIVER. Most fish.
5 reasons for dieting:
1) to stop the names in the street even though I was never 'that' fat compared to some people; I would walk past as would a larger man/woman but it would be me who'd get the comments (I knew because it would come couple with: goth/mosher/etc)
2) to be healthy
3) to be skinny for the first time in my life
4) to wear whatever I want
5) so that I can finally beat this demon and stop worrying 24/7 about food/figure/clothes/etc

I'm glad you're feeling better now Carly, that list made me feel so sad and want to give you this: :bighug:

Last edited:
Thanks Michelle :) nice answers!!! Are u coming to our Manchester meet poppet? Xx

When and where is it?

Hope you're feeling a bit better now Carly! She sounds like a nightmare 'friend'...

I'm relatively new on here so love your quiz idea!

Name: Sue
Home: Liverpool

Weight loss so far: 11lb down, 30 to go

Favourite food: that's a tough one, i love food! steak n chips, mexican food, ice cream!

Least Favourite food: baked beans....

5 reasons for dieting: 1) to stop feeling ashamed of how i look 2) to feel confident 3) to be able to buy lovely clothes 4) to get rid of this tum! 5) can't think of any more :D

Name: Andrea
Home: Belfast
Weight loss so far: 13lbs
Favourite food: Crisps
Least Favourite food: Liver or any offal
5 reasons for dieting:
1) to shop in ordinary shops
2) to feel more confident
3) to feel healthy
4) to never embarass my children
5) to feel feminine and attractive

Back