Carrot & Corriander Soup - with a kick

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Discover Plan Recipes' started by JaxieD, 8 March 2009 Social URL.

1. JaxieD

JaxieD Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    1.5 points per serving (Serves 4)

Chop up an onion and 500gms carrots, throw them in a pan with some spray oil, cover with lid and gently fry until starting to soften. Add 3 garlic cloves (I permanently reek of garlic these days!!:p) and stir through 1 tbsp of crushed coriander seeds (i just used coriander powder), 2 tsp of cumin seeds (again i just used powdered cumin) and 1 tsp of mild or hot chilli powder (depending how HOT you are:D). After carrots and onion are evenly coated chuck in 150gms of red lentils and 2 pints of veg stock. Bring to boil, then cover and simmer for about 30mins or until lentils are cooked.

I then blitzed this with my electric hand blitzy thing and added some chopped fresh coriander. It was lovely and you can add some juice from fresh lemon if you fancy.

It's a really thick and filling soup and has a spicy twist - Fab!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. liveinhope

liveinhope Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(9.26%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    carrott and coriander soup sounds lovely, might give it a go the weekend (since i'm home!!!!)

4. JaxieD

JaxieD Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    It's really lovely and filling:D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.