Carrot soup? Anyonr?

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
Hi guys I can't use the search function as I am using the app. I have a bag of untouched carrots which will go off soon. So really want to do a soup? Maybe even in my slow cooker?
X

Do you like coriander? If so I am addicted to this...

450g Carrot
227g Potato
Large Onion
1tsp ground coriander
1l veg stock
1/2 pack fresh coriander leaves
fry light
salt and pepper to season

Spray a pan with fry light, fry onion for 5 mins, stir in ground coriander and potato, cook for 1 min, add carrots and stock, bring to boil, cover and simmer for 20mins. Blitz till smooth with fresh coriander, return to pan, add salt and pepper to taste.

I don't thin it down after this as I love thick soup, but you could add more stock, it's even nice with chicken stock

Thank you so much, i have everything in the house apart from the fresh coriander. Do u think it will make a massive difference as I am skint and although corriander is not expensive I am slimy to the point of having 12 pence in my purse lol. X

yeah, 1 litre veg stock, I've never tried it with just dried coriander, I did ask my friend who's a chef about this the other day and he said dried corianders horrible, but give it a try, I use coriander a lot, like I said I'm addicted to this soup so I have bought a coriander plant...
Let me know what it's like if you do add more dried coriander on blending

Hi!

Dry corriander on its own will be fine - thats what i usually use... i also find a splash of milk really makes it creamy

Hope that helps!

Yay!! Glad you liked it. One of our members brought it to a taster day and it was much nicer than any others id tried so i had to have the recipe!!

Bit late now, but if you have any dried ginger in your store cupboard I think that works really well as an alternative - I made a carrot and ginger soup as a starter for christmas dinner, just added a teaspoon of ground ginger (and mine was just carrots, no potatoes)

I will be making this later, but Peachy you say you have a coriander plant, where did you get one big enough? I get one every week with the tesco shop but woul dlove to have a plant in the garden as its costing me a fortune!!

That was a quick response!! Yes thats the same as I bought but I have to say I'm not too successful at keeping them alive!

lol im flicking between websites too!! i struggle to keep them alive, my kitchen's too hot, but am trying again!

I blend the soup in blender which seems to thinken it up. Also for an extra flavour I add tabasco or worcester sauce to either the whole thing or just a bowl of it.

Back