1 tsp cumin seeds
350g carrots, diced
150g potatoes, peeled and diced
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp tomato puree
600ml vegetable stock
salt and pepper

In a small heavy based pan, toast the cumin seeds for 2-3 minutes over medium heat until you begin to smell the aroma of the spice. Remove from the heat and set aside.

Place the carrots, potatoes, onion, garlic, tomato puree and stock into a large pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.

Blend the soup until smooth and add the toasted cumin seeds. Season to taste & serve.

Carrot and Ginger Soup.
This is lovely...
Points 0
Serves 4.

Ingredients;
1 Onion-chopped
1 Teaspoon ground Ginger(dried is best)
2 Veg stock cubes(make 1½ pints)
350g Carrots(grated or finely chopped)
15g Tiny Pasta shapes
Pinch salt+ground black pepper.

1.Heat the onion+ginger in a covered pan with about 6 tablespoons of the stock.
2.Add carrots when the onion looks soft.
3.Pour in rest of the stock,boil up,simmer + cook for about 25 mins.
4.Liquidise the soup,add cooked pasta and correct the seasoning.
Enjoy...

Carrot & Corriander Soup - with a kick
1.5 points per serving (Serves 4)

Chop up an onion and 500gms carrots, throw them in a pan with some spray oil, cover with lid and gently fry until starting to soften. Add 3 garlic cloves (I permanently reek of garlic these days!!:p) and stir through 1 tbsp of crushed coriander seeds (i just used coriander powder), 2 tsp of cumin seeds (again i just used powdered cumin) and 1 tsp of mild or hot chilli powder (depending how HOT you are:D). After carrots and onion are evenly coated chuck in 150gms of red lentils and 2 pints of veg stock. Bring to boil, then cover and simmer for about 30mins or until lentils are cooked.

I then blitzed this with my electric hand blitzy thing and added some chopped fresh coriander. It was lovely and you can add some juice from fresh lemon if you fancy.

It's a really thick and filling soup and has a spicy twist - Fab!!

MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum - Search Results

Am i right in thinking with the first soup if i don't add the potatoes it would be a 0pts soup?

Back