Carrot soup recipe?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Discover Plan Recipes' started by -gill-, 8 November 2010 Social URL.

1. -gill-

-gill- New Member

Hi I hope it is ok to put this here I was wandering if anyone had a recipe for carrot soup?
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World
    Spiced Carrot Soup

Serves 2

1 pt per serving
    1½ pts the whole recipe

Freezing recommended

1 tsp cumin seeds
    350g carrots, diced
    150g potatoes, peeled and diced
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 garlic clove, crushed
    1 tbsp tomato puree
    600ml vegetable stock
    salt and pepper

In a small heavy based pan, toast the cumin seeds for 2-3 minutes over medium heat until you begin to smell the aroma of the spice. Remove from the heat and set aside.

Place the carrots, potatoes, onion, garlic, tomato puree and stock into a large pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.

Blend the soup until smooth and add the toasted cumin seeds. Season to taste & serve.
 - Weight Loss Support Forum - Search Results
  4. -gill-

-gill- New Member

Wow thankyou very much!! I am going to go and try these recipes out right now.
  5. CherrySummer

CherrySummer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Am i right in thinking with the first soup if i don't add the potatoes it would be a 0pts soup?
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.