Carrot's post baby weight loss diary!

Carrotima

SO today is the first day of my new healthy lifestyle (hmmm heard that a few times before!!!) I've just given birth to my second son on 12th July and was pretty terrible during pregnancy - mainly due to my chocolate addiction (don't usually have a sweet tooth but when I'm pregnant I can't leave the stuff alone!) I pretty much ate whatever I wanted when I wanted so have got into the bad habit of giving into my cravings willy nilly! I am 5ft 4 and currently weigh 10st 4lbs. I ultimately want to get down to 9stone by Christmas but I'm setting myself the target of 9st 7 by the end of October. My partner and I were doing the 5:2 diet prior to me falling pregnant and we had both lost over a stone doing this and really enjoyed the flexibility of it - we love takeaways and wine at the weekend. Fasting isn't an option at the minute though as I'm breastfeeding so I thought I would go back to slimming world. After looking into it last night I think I'm allowed additional healthy extras depending on which plan I follow so will just see how each day goes. I am going to start running in September once I've had my 6 week check up with the aim of doing a few runs next year and hopefully a triathlon in September 2015. One step at a time though so here goes.....

Well yesterday was going really well - despite the lack of food in the house I managed to muddle through as follows til 8pm

B - 2 weetabix and ss milk (hea and b) and a banana
L - golden savoury rice and apple
T - smoked salmon salad - rocket, toms, peppers - 2 tbsp full fat cream cheese (I think thus can be hea)

Then cake gate opened - we ended up with lots of cake in the house from neighbours who had been celebrating Eid and I just caved! No idea of syns - will have been loads - drawn a line under it and start again. To be fair despite the cake eating I had still eaten better than my usual days as normally I would have snacked on sugary things throughout the day - I wouldn't think twice about eating a few chocolates or biscuits each time I went into the kitchen so it is definitely making me more aware!
On the plus side I weighed myself today and I'm down to 10stone 2! Not sure how that happened - also need to stop jumping on the scales every time I go to the bathroom. Going to try and hold off for the week now!

Today was much better

B- 2 weetabix and ss milk and a banana (hea and b)
L - smoked salmon salad sandwich using 2 wholemeal slices from 400g loaf (heb) and quark
T - jacket potato with tuna mayo crunch (2 syns for mayo) and salad

Snacks - cherry toms, banana, apple, blueberries and a muller light vanilla. Crunchie (9.5 syns but so worth it!!)

Looking back I've eaten loads but I've been starving all day. Don't know if it's because I'm breast feeding (pretty constantly day and night at the minute) but I just want to eat all the time! Hoping after a while dieting and cutting down my refined sugar intake this might improve we shall see. I really want to eat some of the cake leftover in the house at the minute aghhhhhh!

Sent myself to bed last night so I didn't eat any cake! It worked ha! Unfortunately not much sleep again - this kid is hungry! I managed an hour this morning by letting him feed lay in bed with me - but I'm always paranoid about squishing him if I fall asleep so it's more of a light doze than high quality sleep! Really wanted my usual 2 bowls of crunchy nut cornflakes this morning as a pick me up but I resisted and had weetabix and banana again (boring) not sure about food for the rest of the day too tired to think! Will have a diet coke to perk me up and decide from there! Really worried about tomorrow - it's gonna be the first full day on my own looking after my eldest (whose nearly 2) and baby! Aghhh! With the little one feeding so much I'm worried about entertaining the older one. Considering just driving to my dads for support but it's a 30 mile drive and if I'm tired I'm not sure it's wise! Will see how I feel in the morning anyway!

Aghhhhh bad week - hence lack of posts on here! Fresh start today! Got my sons 2nd birthday party in 2 weeks so hoping to have lost a couple of pounds by then. Was back up to 10st4 when I weighed this morning but considering how bad I've been with chocolate and other sugary goods this could have been a lot worse.

So today's food

Scrambled egg, bacon and 2 wholemeal slices bread (heb) and a banana

No lunch but snacked on banana, grapes and muller light

Tea - pork steak, mash and leeks - oh did put butter in the mash and cooked the leeks in oil - no idea of syns

Snack - crunchie 9.5 syns

Definitely over on syns today but 100% better than past few days so not gonna beat myself up about it!

Today have been really good food wise

Breakfast - muesli (heb) vanilla yoghurt with strawberries and a banana

Lunch - 2 bread (heb) 2 egg and light mayo (2syns) tomato yoghurt and blueberries

Tea - beef stir fry.

Then the chocolate craving kicked in and I had a crunchie and some left over dairy milk that was in the fridge! Well over syns again boo! (In my defence I bought some light hot chocolate stuff from aldi today to try and curb my chocolate requirements and it tasted like dishwater so it went straight down the sink!)

Hey! Finally found your diary! Maybe purchase a mini mix variety bag of chocolate? I got a mars one (when I was binging and ate about 10 in one go) but have a few left over. I've made a list of the calories per variety as it's not on the mini bars and put them in the fridge. Earlier I really wanted chocolate so had a mini bag of milky way stars for 3.5 syns. Curbed the craving and I know if I'm really craving I can have 3 bars as my syns for the day x

Thanks for the tip - think I may give this a go but not sure I have the willpower to not eat the full bag haha! This week I have discovered Nutella on bread - the thought of chocolate spread has always repulsed me but wow can't get enough right now!

Terrible week diet wise but also terrible week sleep wise - think the 2 go hand in hand - just too knackered to care! Violins out! Kiddo must be having some sort of growth spurt as I've barely been able to put him down last couple of days - he hasn't slept for longer than an hour at a time hence why I'm bloody knackered. Will endeavour to be on my best behaviour with food tomorrow! Also bought new running gear today and hoping to go for my first run tomorrow - weather permitting!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Nutella... my weakness atm is smooth reduced fat Peanut Butter... which is still heavy in syns! x

I don't allow peanut butter in the house coz I will just sit and eat it with a spoon! Hope yr having a good day. I got quite a bit of sleep last night so feeling loads better this morning. So far had some toast - not sw friendly unfortunately - today I. Just concentrating on not eating crap. Amazingly I weighed myself today and havnt put anything on despite the bad food! Weather is a bit drizzly but still hopeful I will make it for a run tonight!

Hey, how was your weekend? x

Hey yeah weekend was nice - nothing too exciting but pretty terrible diet wise - how was your weekend? How goes the diet? Will go and read yr diary in a min:)

I think I've decided to try weight watchers again! I like being able to track everything I eat and I think that's what I need right now as I have no control! You can have days very similar to sw as well but allowed things like bread and crumpets which would help me greatly through diet days. I also get extra points because I'm breast feeding (and my biggest downfall on ww before has been excessive wine consumption which I also can't do whilst feeding so hopefully it will work fir me this time) I finally went for a run this evening as well (and it like getting extra points for exercise with ww - gives me motivation to do some!) I actually surprised myself and made it 2.15 miles without stopping and really thoroughly enjoyed it - wasn't totally shattered at the end either!

Back