caved again

blodwen

Well doing well back on 100% then had all the family over all weekend had to feed them all as they were building my shed, and I caved and had ckicken and salad sat and sunday then a slither of cake and I mean a slither on mon, you think I would have learned before so weighed in yesterday and lost only 1lb(own fault) but I couldn't leave it at that I was so gutted I ate a piece of carrot cake, Will I ever learn I really thought I had this sussed, what is wrong with me, I've lost 2 .5 stone you think it would encourage me to continue??? So sorry for the rant!!! ggggrrrrrr my mum has sent home made pasty for the children God I could soo eat it SORRY everyone!!

hey hun sori u strugglin. i no its hard, last time i did this diet i lasted 6 wks then i think coz its so bland/borin i lost my determination. i was annoyed wiv myself an unfortunately i ended up goin off the diet and puttin on an extra 20lb. not gud.

i spoke 2 my mum bout why i kept doin this an she sed i mite be scared of everythin changin an it wud but it wudnt b a bad thing yet i was stoppin myself from succeedin.

try an remember why u started this diet and keep the end result in mind. u av lost loads already and if u reali need 2 eat/taste sumfin then stick 2 protein like chicken.

good luck

xox

Hi!
Dont beat yourself up :) Look at the bigger picture.....you've lost loads of weight already... you fell off the bandwagon.... now get back on and start again :p I think its only natural that we have weak moments but once you get back on track thats the important thing. And you still lost weight after you ate so thats good too X its my sons communion on Sat and I'll be tormented all day but I'll resist as had a wedding dress fitting today and its too big...yeah!
Keep up the great work X

Thanks for the reply, I'm sure I will get there, I'm going to have another shake try to keep my mind off food!!

Maybe this just isn't the diet for you. Perhaps you would be better off with the Cambridge Diet or something that lets you have a meal in the evening.

I had some very bad news today and I was so tempted to open a bottle of wine but I resisted. I am only on my fourth week and haven't got fed up with it yet so I'm finding it easy to stay strong but maybe it would be better if you found something that you could do without such a struggle. Perhaps if you could have a sensible meal that satisfied you in the evening you wouldn't feel the need for the cake and pastries. Certainly the yo-yoing can't be good for you in the long run. Best of luck. xXx

Last edited:
You are getting near goal, so perhaps, mentally, you are telling yourself it is o.k. to start eating. Maybe you should, change to a different plan at this stage and lose the last bit through healthy eating. Otherwise, you must force yourself to stay strong and finish what you started. The choice is yours and only you know what will suit you best.

Thanks but sadly that is just a mini goal I have so much to loose but if I look at the whole picture I would certainly cave, am looking into the cambridge diet but I think when I have food the more I want it, tbh I should do lighter life and have the counsiling (tho I know where i'm going wrong just find it hard t control)but the cost is too much for me, saying that LT is the first diet I have stuck to longer than 2-3 wks
and lost so much weight so I am going to get back to 100% and stick to it until I just can't take anymore as I love the losses. ( don't think it makes sense in writing!!!)

I have been finding it hard and have cheated a few times at first it wa only chicken and then last week i ate chicken and chips from the chipper :( but i sat for ages and spoke to my husband and realised the only one i was fooling was myself as its for ourselves were doing this no one else (at first i was going to tell anyone i ate) i was so annoyed with myself so i started back properly on tuesday and ive promised myself if theres no picking for one full week then i get to treat myself (not sure what with yet though but something just for me)so far its working for me i havent picked since tue which i know aint much but im the cook in the house so thats a big thing hope ive helped some what

Everyone has moments of weakness. I am only on the first week so cant imagine what you are suffering being so far into it. But wow look how much you had lost. You can do it. People like you who have lost so much are such an inspiration to those of us who are only starting our journey. You were up front and honest about your little hiccup which to me means you really do mean to stick with the diet, you just slipped off the wagon.

I found yesterday really really hard. I so nearly gave in and said sod it but I got on the website and got some words of encouragement and hey ho I am still on the wagon today. Look there are a pile of us up on this wagon at the moment so there are plenty of hands there to reach out and pull you back up again.

One day at a time thats my motto.

Thanks that has been my motto too but just thought I could stay incontrol, well feeling better today, had a dream last night I was showing my hubby my skimpy undies I used to be a ble to fit into then when I woke and went to get dressed, I put a blouse on that I only got back into 2 wks ago and low and behold its too big, in my daughters words it looks like a bag of ....... and makes me look bigger, so have a skip in my step again today and back on the wagon, thanks for all your support and sorry for all the food talk!!!

Well doing well back on 100% then had all the family over all weekend had to feed them all as they were building my shed, and I caved and had ckicken and salad sat and sunday then a slither of cake and I mean a slither on mon, you think I would have learned before so weighed in yesterday and lost only 1lb(own fault) but I couldn't leave it at that I was so gutted I ate a piece of carrot cake, Will I ever learn I really thought I had this sussed, what is wrong with me, I've lost 2 .5 stone you think it would encourage me to continue??? So sorry for the rant!!! ggggrrrrrr my mum has sent home made pasty for the children God I could soo eat it SORRY everyone!!

Hi hunny sorry you are struggling just now. Try writing down all the things that make you happy about your weight loss.

Things that make me smile are getting into a smaller size, feeling healthier, my knees don't knock together as much when I'm walking :8855: being able to bend down to put my socks on, being more flexible with the old rooty tooty :censored: lol! I can see ankles appearing and I am beginning to feel more feminine.

You can beat this little blip - good luck xxx

Catt you made me laugh I just have to get rid of my 3 teens to see how flexible I am LOL thaks x

Back