caws diary

Hard work these dissertations Caws - good luck with that one x

Good morning Caws - You'll get there. It's hard to be disciplined when much of our daily life is dictated by work, home constraints, education etc x

Get on and get that dissertation done!!! ;-P
xx

Lol, I've picked up the stuff to read about 3 or 4 times but then thought " Oh, I'll just have a look at the paper" or "I'll just see what's on the telly" and end up watching the football !! I'm just enjoying the peace and quiet to be honest.

Today I bought a slow cooker !! I've wanted one for a while after Clarri and Jane's reports (probably others too) but I wanted a smaller one because I've got a tiny kitchen and the normal ones were the size of a bread bin. Anyway, while I was looking for new scales that will weigh me half a stone lighter ;) I saw a couple of little slow cookers, one was 2l and the other 1.5l. I bought the 1.5l one but having got home I'mwondering if it's actually too small. The recipe book for a beef casserole says .75kg of beef and 1 pint of water but I can't see it holding that amount. I bought 440g lean diced casserole steak and a bag of casserole veg and used half the veg, the beef and a pint of stock and that fills it to about an inch from the top. I wonder if they'll know I've used it, if I decide to take it back :giggle:

I've had a slimfast shake for breakfast, a banana and some grapes so far. Casserole tonight (if it says 6-8 hours does that mean it'll be ready after 6 or can take up to 8 ??) so will have something in between, maybe a ham salad wrap.

I did have an ice cream incident last night but it's all gone now, so that won't happen again !!!

How many settings has it got C? Like, low, med, high? If it only has one, its probably more likely to be 8 hours. Mine has the 3 settings, and it the high is great for quicker cooking but the med/low is def slow cooking!!
You are really mooching back to it arent you? Oh and btw, I used to be a total procrastinator when it came to doing my college stuff.

xx

Thanks Delia ;), it's got low, high and keep warm. The book says high is half the time of low but may need the water topping up (and to use boiling water) Do you brown the meat first or just chuck it in and do you use flour/cornflour to thicken it once it's cooked ?

Well it wasn't a disaster but it could have been better. I think I need the slightly bigger one so might get the 2l one. I overfilled it though and it bubbled over a couple of times (the book says 2/3's full but I did more than that). I also need to sort out salt/pepper (to put in or not) and how to thicken it so it doesn't go horrible. I think I'll try a chicken curry next.

Thanks for your help Clarri :D

How is the reading going sweet girl? What is your subject? OH nearly had to hold me back from the ice cream at the grocery shop tonight- shopping an a very empty belly isn't a good idea!
Hope yours is a good one!

Well done on your first attempt x

Thank you sweetie pie. I decided to go back and get the slightly bigger one although I haven't tried it out yet. I may do a chicken casserole tomorrow, so at least I'm shopping with it in mind :)

How is the reading going sweet girl? What is your subject?

Errm, I've done some but not finished yet (should do by the end of this week though) The 'question' I'm asking is "Do nurses communicate effectively with patients and their relatives when delivering end of life care". I won't be doing much more on it just yet because I have an assessed presentation to do next week and that will take up all time.

I've been really busy the last couple of days, food wise have been up and down. My two (best) friends at uni announced yesterday that they were going to lose weight this month so we're all doing it together. I bought some new scales which weighed me 1lb heavier than the old ones so I'll see what they say Friday and I might have to start my ticker again and change my info.

Better toddle off and see what everyone else has been up to, although it'll probably take me more than this evening to catch up !!

Morning gals (well afternoon) I have a sausage casserole in the slow cooker, so will report back on how it does.

Casserole was ok although the girls said the sausages were too soft and they prefer them more 'crispy', it did have some new potatoes in aswell some of which disintegrated.

Weighing wise I'm up 0.7lb on my new scales so I'll start again using that. I had an appointment with the practice nurse yesterday and I'm now at my heaviest ever so I really do need to gain some sort of control:cry:

It could be worse Caws - have a great weekend x

Back