caws diary

Ooh, Im mega excited for you, and in huge admiration for you too!! I so wish I had done nursing instead of social care, perhaps I would be in a more stable job now.

Anyway, good on the loss and sts. You can get your head around it all when you are finished being a student!!

Have a great week.
xx

Good luck with the meds rounds and job applications.
After the last few weeks I have nothing but admiration for nurse, ok one or two of them could improve their bedside manner a bit, but they are doing a job I know I never could. It's made my blood boil a fee times when I have heard other visitirs slagging off the NHS staff when most of them are in fact doing a fantastic job in difficult circumstances !!

(climbs off soap box and wishes caws a nice day)

That's so kind of you to comment Jane, especially with what you're going through. I have to say I've come across the odd nurse or hca and wondered what the hell they were doing that job for but on the whole most people try their very best, it's the resources and systems that are in place that cause frustrations.

Well, the shift went well and I'm going back Saturday to do another one. Got the result of an essay - I passed but was a little disappointed with the mark (how mardy eh ?). I know it's unlikely to make a difference in the long run but I felt like sulking for an hour or so !!

It's the same in education Caws - there are some people that should never ever be there who spoil it for those who want the best for the kids.

Sounds like you are "on the cusp" at the moment - great that there are jobs to apply for - good luck with the applications x

good luck with the applications x

Well I've got an interview, in a couple of weeks for one of the community nurse jobs !! Don't get too excited though because I've got a friend that's working there at the moment, morale is really low and half the staff off sick (what comes first though ??). They've got 2 vacancies and 1 has been earmarked for another student (she's been working for them all the way through our training as a twilight hca) so it's unlikely that they'll take 2 newly qualified. I'm looking at it as interview experience as I'm really awful at them and get absolutely terrified !!

Baaaa to the bad mark. I know how you feel though. No matter what results I ever got, I wanted better. Hope today is good.
xx

I do feel a little guilty as one of my close friends didn't pass, so I can't really moan to her !!

I had a good day today, and was on a really interesting training course - it was for district nurses really but I phoned and asked if I could go and they say yes !! It was about diabetic foot ulcers, I'm sure you can imagine some of the pictures !1 Along with palliative care I'm interested in the tissue viability side of nursing too, lots of really nasty wounds, poor souls x

Day in the library tomorrow, essay writing and I didn't take a book back so have a 30p fine, so far (first time in 3 years I've been fined - some people owe a fortune, literally 100's of pounds !!)

I still owe from my uni course about 15 years ago - this is the last year I have to defer though - its written off next February.

Have a good day x

Good attitude for the interview, you never know! What other areas would you be interested in working in?

I'd prefer to work in the community but have also applied for a vacancy on the stroke ward. One of my friends is on there now, doing her long placement, and she's going for it though so is more likely to get it, although as they're closing wards in the hospital they have staff to redeploy so there's no way of knowing what they're looking for.

I've heard from another friend that where she is are going to be advertising in the next couple of weeks, and also where I am at the moment have said they've got a vacancy so I'm going to apply for everything (unless it's somewhere that I really don't want, of course !!)

Did about 1000 words for my essay today, so I've made a start :)

Hollie's off to Greece in the morning - has to be at school at 5am. She's been on a couple of school trips before but not abroad with the school, so it's slightly scary (for me, not her !!)

I had a nurse in as a pt today, and she reckons all the beds are full in the local hospital, and it's not even winter yet- do not get sick, she said, or have private health insurance, delightful!

Hi Caws - hope your day's been a good one x

Morning.
How is the essay coming on?
xx

I'm doing it but am so on the wrong track and can't seem to sort it out.

Also Abbie discovered that the shower door had shattered, absolutely no idea how it happened but it's safety glass so is all in place at the moment but I don't know if it's about to fall out !! Instead of texting a friend I text my ex-husband by accident (they're both Jon's) and I'm just letting everything get on top of me.

Stupid, I know !

Good luck with the essay - you'll crack it, just takes time. Yikes to the shower door - hope it's sorted soon. Nice one on Hollie's trip - geez, would love to be on a trip like that - we went to Wales on our school trip - nice and all that, but not Greece. xx

Can you have a few hours off and rest your mind- watch crappy tele, read magazines etc- sometimes you just need to rest your noggin I reckon!

Nice one on Hollie's trip - geez, would love to be on a trip like that - we went to Wales on our school trip - nice and all that, but not Greece. xx

Bless her, I had an email this afternoon form an internet cafe saying she's having a lovely time but the men are a little creepy !!

Can you have a few hours off and rest your mind- watch crappy tele, read magazines etc- sometimes you just need to rest your noggin I reckon!

Had a day at work, which was fine and then took my essays to a friend (who gets quite high marks) and she looked over them, said to make a few minor adjustments and add the stuff that I haven't finished and she reckons they're good, so I'm feeling much better now. Another two days and they'll be sorted, I reckon :D

Also went to B&Q and got a shower curtain and an extendable rod and for now that'll be fine so all in sorted in my world.

Working again tomorrow, all these early mornings are just too much though !!!

Back