CC NSV - Non-Scale Victories!

lindseydodd408

Gold Member
I know we have the pat on the back thread but I have seen this in the slimming world forum and it is really inspiring to read peoples posts.

A NSV is a positive experience with your weight loss that is not related to the scales but still makes you feel awesome!!!

I'll start... Last friday night I went out with work colleagues. We ended up in a night club and I had literally only been at the bar two seconds when a pretty good looking man (put it this way, if I was single I would not have kicked him out of bed!!!) started to chat me up. My work friend said "how on earth did you do that? He couldn't have even seen your face!!!", I just gave her a wink and said "I'm clearly magic"!

Now that would not have happened to me at 19 stone!!! Made me feel good all night on the dancefloor!!!

Now everytime you have a NSV, pop along here and brag to the rest of us about it, what a lovely feeling!!! xxx

How about the fact that you are gorgeous and amazing... I'd brag about that if I were you!!! x

I was thinking about this is the week actually.

Have you seen the film inception where they have the totems to help them ascertain if they are in a dream or not?

I was thinking about things that I have/have noticed that make me stay on track during weak moments.

So, for example, I have noticed that both my watch and the ring that I wear every day feel loser. So, if I am pondering whether or not to eat that chocolate bar I jingle my watch around to remind me what I have achieved.

Aww you make me blush!

I've noticed another NSV... When I'm in the bath I can see my foo foo without having to breathe in or hold my flab out the way... TMI but I don't care, it's good to see it again!!! x

Aww you make me blush!

I've noticed another NSV... When I'm in the bath I can see my foo foo without having to breathe in or hold my flab out the way... TMI but I don't care, it's good to see it again!!! x
Awwww hahahahaha u make me laugh!!!

btw what is NSV?? having a silly moment x

None scale victory, good stuff about weight loss that doesn't come from numbers on scales. So someone else noticing, fitting into smaller size, seeing your foo foo for the first time in years... that kind of thing. x

Bought new bra's, so far I've gone from a very tight 38F to a 36E... I wonder what size I'll be in 4 stones time?

Love this thread!! I don't weigh myself so these are my only ways of measuring my achievement!

For me, fitting into my first pair of knee high boots was a massive victory. The first pair I have ever worn in my whole life. Zipping them up was amazing!

I didn't lose any weight this week but I tried a slightly too tight for me pair of trousers on this morning and they fit!!!!! Soooo chuffed!! x

madmads said:
I didn't lose any weight this week but I tried a slightly too tight for me pair of trousers on this morning and they fit!!!!! Soooo chuffed!! x

This is the biggest success IMO! Well done x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

This is the biggest success IMO! Well done x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you! I was sooo disappointed when I stayed the same but I'm clearly doing something right now these trousers fit! Shows that the scales don't always show a true picture!!

I went clothes shopping at the weekend. My bottom half is one size down from where I started, and my top half now fits into t-shirts 2 sizes smaller without stretching them.

I'm not convinced I'd get into that size in a button up shirt yet (not without the fatal gaping!) but still...

The Moog said:
I went clothes shopping at the weekend. My bottom half is one size down from where I started, and my top half now fits into t-shirts 2 sizes smaller without stretching them.

I'm not convinced I'd get into that size in a button up shirt yet (not without the fatal gaping!) but still...

Wow, well done u, I can't wait to be at least one dress size down, fed up of being a size 20 for my short 5"1 frame!!

I went clothes shopping today and bought both a pair of jeans and a pair of black work trousers in a size 14. The jeans are even roomy!! I never thought I'd see this day again. I am not at the end point yet but I can't deny that I feel good :)

Comments are like buses. After weeks of no one noticing, I get two people telling me that I've lost weight today!

And one of them was my mother who notoriously never notices these things.

Life is good :)

Well mogg are we gonna see any pics soon ? X

I didn't take any at the start, so I've got nothing for you to compare them with! Will do some pics when my bottom half drops into the next size down (late March, early April?) but I've still got quite a way to go before I reach target :)

NSV - I'm back on the wagon and feeling good!!!

Back