CC NSV - Non-Scale Victories!

I have an odd and rather unsavoury NSV. I can feel the back of my belly button again! :thankyouthankyou:

I found out in the shower earlier. For a long time my belly button's been this great long mysterious tunnel disappearing into the depths of a vast belly. It's a cave now, it has a definite back wall, I can feel it.

What a weird NSV. Sorry if it's made anyone vomit! :jelous: It's just that I can't really see any difference in me. I feel as fat as ever. Then suddenly I find the long lost back of my belly button, and realise- hey! I AM smaller! :D

Not unsavoury at all, in fact it is something that I think about alot. I can't wait to find my belly button. :) Congratulations xx :)

I can feel bones on my upper back - I actually think my shoulder blades are finally making themselves known! I look a right weirdo, prodding myself all the time just to check they're still there ;)

Ha ha! Me poking my belly button and you fondling your back...is that what a Weight Watchers meet looks like I wonder? :D ;)

being able to do the 20 min walk to church on a sunday morning without going purple.......only a slight pink :)

I just jogged- slowly- for 20 minutes, non-stop. That will be the longest I've run since leaving school!

It's actually pretty amazing how much easier it gets, so quickly. When I started C25k about 7 weeks ago I had knee-pain and kept getting a stitch. My knee is now fine, and I haven't got stitch at all this week. Next week I have some shorter runs to do, and hope to increase my pace a bit. Still, 20 minutes. Can't quite believe it.

I just jogged- slowly- for 20 minutes, non-stop. That will be the longest I've run since leaving school!

It's actually pretty amazing how much easier it gets, so quickly. When I started C25k about 7 weeks ago I had knee-pain and kept getting a stitch. My knee is now fine, and I haven't got stitch at all this week. Next week I have some shorter runs to do, and hope to increase my pace a bit. Still, 20 minutes. Can't quite believe it.

Wow well done! I envy you! I have just finished week one so am on my way!

Congrats on starting. It gets easier, believe me! I freaked out in week 3 when I had to do 3 minutes, but I was fine. Have fun!

I went back to work today after 2 weeks off, 3 people said I looked like I'd lost loads of weight - and our running club coach said she could see that my shape was changing and was looking different (I assume better!) from behind!!! - scales not budging so nice to have a NSV!!!

Bride to be came round to see me this evening and said my face looked thinner. Why do I still have trouble accepting that as a compliment??? I don't believe her!! :)

Oh the psychology behind weight loss is mind blowing!! lol! :)

Think we all have trouble accepting compliments but 2 stone lighter, I can assure you it'll be true!!

Mine today is a bit of a weird one. I did a work out this morning and normally I'm in long jogging bottoms and a tshirt, I have a long sleeved gym one and a short sleeved. Always, never changes, even though I get pretty hot. Today, I wore long shorts and a sports bra, no top. Now I would never have dreamed of wearing that to work out, even just by myself. I'm the kind of person who isn't comfortable with their body not just around other people but even just by myself. I'm nowhere near where I want to be, still VERY lumpy and bumpy but somehow I've gained that little bit more confidence not to cover up, even by myself, when wearing less will keep me cooler during the workout.

This is an amazing thread! Well done everyone, it's so nice to hear this 'little' but not so little as they are huge achievements. I look forward to posting on it msyelf.

Caroline , it's lovely that you are gradually gaining the self-confidence you deserve. I work out in shorts and sports bra but I shut the living room door and husband had strict instructions to stay out until I'm done!! Lol.

NSV

had a lovely nsv tonight, a friend popped in at tea time who we hadn't seen for about2 years, he knew me when i was at my heavest 25st, and, last time we seen him, i'd lost around 6st, well i've now lost keeping finger crossed for 9st this week, and he was shocked at the difference and asked where i'd dissaperead to. :D

Its so fabulous when things like that happen isn't it! Great for motivation too. Congrats on how amazingly well you're doing.:happy096:

had a lovely nsv tonight, a friend popped in at tea time who we hadn't seen for about2 years, he knew me when i was at my heavest 25st, and, last time we seen him, i'd lost around 6st, well i've now lost keeping finger crossed for 9st this week, and he was shocked at the difference and asked where i'd dissaperead to. :D

9st!! That is amazing, and in my books makes you an inspiration. :)

Absolutely. Every time I think "I can't do this", I read about someone on Minimins who has lost as much, or more, than I need to, and I'm inspired all over again. (I can't wait till I can say I've lost 6st, let alone 9! Congratulations.

Back