Cc'ing Bride

anois said:
It really is isn't it. White is not a slimming colour! And on top of that I'm a shy girl I'm don't want to feel self conscious when they say "be upstanding for the new mr and mrs ....." I'm anxious enough as it is :eek:

Exciting though & you won't care when they say that you'll be delirious with joy....I'm grinning thinking back to my wedding day....such fun :)

Purple!! We only had a small wedding 15 adults inc us! So no bridesmaids but purple was my theme. Navy is lovely, as is burgundy! I think you should see what sort of colour suits your girls then take it from there :) I went to a wedding the other day & the bridesmaids were all in the same colour but they had different style dresses to suit then which I thought was a nice idea! I also think they bought their own dresses, could be an option if things get expensive, as they do ;) How many are you having? Are you having little ones too??

3 bridesmaids. My only sister, my sister in law to be and my fiancé's niece. No flower girls, just my son who will be 4 at the time of wedding. All my girls are pale so will have to try different colours on them so I don't make them look blue white!!

Lou :)

Ah yes the so pale your skins transparent thing....snap!! My veins are awful, well that's what I blame for the blue tinge my legs have! I suppose look at the colours they like to wear, try & find some that match all & decide from there.....you may need a spreadsheet ! ;) x

Still haven't decided on a colour. But the girls can wait till during March/April next year. Might be nice spring stuff out. My dress on the other hand is like a ticking clock. Wedding shop said it will have to be ordered by end of January for my sept 7th wedding, any dress makers on here know now many dress sizes can a dress be taken in or out?

Lou x

I got married in August 2010. I got one dress in the January in a size 10, which fit perfect when bought. Getting on towards June I tried it on and it fell off me - I had to order another one, so I got one from a shop on ebay. A very elegant dress. I ordered a size 6. I tried this on the day it arrived and it was a little tight - a month before I tried it again and I needed that one altering by about an inch on either side. The tailoring of the dress cost me more than the dress itself did (our wedding was budget, but we still had everything we wanted and a very special day).

I guess what I am trying to say is from February to September is a very long time and anything could happen.

I too am aiming for the summer of next year. My husband and I are going to Sydney for two weeks and I'd like to be under 10 stone at least (3 stone) - not as good a motivation as my wedding was mind!

I think it's only a couple of sizes before it starts to look really odd

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'd love blue but a friend of mine had it last year and I can't be seen to be "copying"!! What do ye think of teal?

Attachments

• image-914801134.jpg
    image-914801134.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 27
That dress is gorgeous, as is the model...wish I was that tall!! Teal is lovely & you can go for blue just not the exact same colour, what kind of blue did she have. If she had a pale blue you could go for navy which I think is gorgeous, especially on pale skin tones.

She had royal blue knee length dresses. I think I like teal, so I'm having floor length teal like the photo. What do ye think? With red bouquets for them and white/ivory for me. Boys in black suits.

On a less wedding-y note. Started my diet today. Sad I know I should have done it long ago but battling with a few health issues the last few weeks. No huge excuse but I think I have the head on now for it. If that makes sense.

Lou x

Im getting married in August 2013 :)

The dress is the ultimate motivation and I've managed to lose more this year than I have done any other time I've dieted. I've had a few bumps (I gained 10lb in the summer and am still 1lb away from loosing that again) and I still have a way to go but I am desperate to buy a dress with a 14 label. Best of luck with your weight loss journey, Im sure you can do it :)

It took me ages to decide on dress colours but we made up our mind when we saw bridesmaid dresses for our 2 eldest daughters, so we've gone for dusky pink, gold & cream. This is the dress http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_13,mon_13.3/2582141126 Its much prettier in real life. Very sparkly :) We're getting the cream version for our smallest daughter too.

Back