CD and anesthetic

PinkMantha

time to get focused
as some of you already know i am going for surgery 1st dec to hav my breasts done but ust reading a few other posts i just wondered if i am ok to do cd right up untill the day before, is it ok as i will be having general anesthetic? x

Hi hon

As far as I understand the advice is to come off CD to a higher calorie intake 2 weeks prior to surgery (your CDC will be able to advise you). It's so your will be back in non ketosis state and you will have had sufficient calories for optimal post op recovery and ongoing healing which will be essential in your case!

Have you got a date for your pre-op check yet? You need to let your surgeon know you've been on CD too.

Gg

no im pi**ed off :( grrr how annoying, iv set myself a goal to lose weight right up untill the day before i go for surgery! now im under more pressure! best stop with the binges and get cracking :( xx

Check with your CDC. I know for obesity surgery many places put you on CD type diets pre-op and the person stays on it right up to surgery but they have probably weighed up and pros and cons of the health risks of coming off plan versus risk of obesity related illnesses etc.

Back