CD and anesthetic

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by PinkMantha, 17 October 2010 Social URL.

1. PinkMantha

PinkMantha time to get focused

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    as some of you already know i am going for surgery 1st dec to hav my breasts done but ust reading a few other posts i just wondered if i am ok to do cd right up untill the day before, is it ok as i will be having general anesthetic? x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi hon

As far as I understand the advice is to come off CD to a higher calorie intake 2 weeks prior to surgery (your CDC will be able to advise you). It's so your will be back in non ketosis state and you will have had sufficient calories for optimal post op recovery and ongoing healing which will be essential in your case!

Have you got a date for your pre-op check yet? You need to let your surgeon know you've been on CD too.

Gg

4. PinkMantha

PinkMantha time to get focused

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    no im pi**ed off :( grrr how annoying, iv set myself a goal to lose weight right up untill the day before i go for surgery! now im under more pressure! best stop with the binges and get cracking :( xx

5. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Check with your CDC. I know for obesity surgery many places put you on CD type diets pre-op and the person stays on it right up to surgery but they have probably weighed up and pros and cons of the health risks of coming off plan versus risk of obesity related illnesses etc.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.