CD and Hypothyroidism - contra-indicated?

Hopefully, you shouldn't get laughed out of the surgery for a TSH of 9.1. I've been down this road with my other half earlier this year. Different GPs seem to believe different things. In the States, I believe the figure at which a need for treatment kicks in is 3.0. It's gonna take longer for the message to get through here in the UK though - for one fairly obvious reason. Due to an odd quirk in the system, if you are diagnosed with hypothyroidism and are prescribed thyroxine, all your other prescription medicines also become free (you have to fill in a form at the pharmacy). So GPs are understandably reluctant to diagnose hypothyroidism.

Hope you get this sorted. Believe me, 9.1 should be a high enough reading to get someone to take your condition seriously.

That's true. I couldn't believe it when I got exempted from ALL medication charges! Bizarre.

Always a silver lining eh? lol

Woo hoo! Fertility clinic just phoned me, they will be contacting my GP and recommending I start thyroxine - 50mcg daily! Just got to wait for the letter to get to them - prob be the new year now!

Thanks Coley, you've been an absolute star!

Got prescription this morning, so I've just taken my first one, eek!

Back