CD and PCOS

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Sassy100, 25 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Sassy100

Sassy100 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi everyone!

I'm on my second week of SS and am struggling a bit and I think its because I started a period last week and its been really heavy:( - its really getting me down because I have had it since Monday and there is no sign of it stopping:sigh:. I suffer with PCOS and I was wondering if there was any other sufferers out there who maybe experienced the same thing - I have stopped my medication (Metformin) and I was also wondering if this was the cause too. I just want to eat and its really getting hard even though I'm drinking loads of water.

Would love someone to reply if had same experience - by the way this is my first period for 6 months so me is thinking its making up for lost time!:eek:

Sassy xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lazycow

lazycow Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Sassy

I suffer PCOS as well and have reduced my metformin from 6 a day to one a day. I am also just on week 2 and since I have lowered the metformin I could eat a mangy horse. If it is any consolation you will probably have an amazing loss this week as having a period releases fluid retention so you could be peeing for Britain. Stick with it as my GP reckons a VLCD is the best way to rid the body of ovarian cysts.
    Also, if it of any interest to you I have had a Mirena coil in for 7 years and have never looked back. It alleviated the awful periods and pain. Wouldn't be without it.
    Keep me posted as to how you are getting on.

Sue x

4. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    hi there i also have pcos, am on week 3 of ssing and have had some spotting throughout this

im not bothered if i skip a few periods, ( just finished a 14 month long period )
    but am definatly looking forward to seing an improvement in my symptoms as my weight goes down

5. lazycow

lazycow Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Well done on losses so far, Claire.

6. Sassy100

Sassy100 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks for the advice guys and well done on the weight losses!

Must admit I am finding that the hair around my chin is growing less since I have been on CD :(:eek:.

Will keep you informed - 2nd weigh in on Wednesday evening.

Good luck!

Sassy xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.