CD and PCOS

Sassy100

Hi everyone!

I'm on my second week of SS and am struggling a bit and I think its because I started a period last week and its been really heavy:( - its really getting me down because I have had it since Monday and there is no sign of it stopping:sigh:. I suffer with PCOS and I was wondering if there was any other sufferers out there who maybe experienced the same thing - I have stopped my medication (Metformin) and I was also wondering if this was the cause too. I just want to eat and its really getting hard even though I'm drinking loads of water.

Would love someone to reply if had same experience - by the way this is my first period for 6 months so me is thinking its making up for lost time!:eek:

Sassy xx

Hi Sassy

I suffer PCOS as well and have reduced my metformin from 6 a day to one a day. I am also just on week 2 and since I have lowered the metformin I could eat a mangy horse. If it is any consolation you will probably have an amazing loss this week as having a period releases fluid retention so you could be peeing for Britain. Stick with it as my GP reckons a VLCD is the best way to rid the body of ovarian cysts.
Also, if it of any interest to you I have had a Mirena coil in for 7 years and have never looked back. It alleviated the awful periods and pain. Wouldn't be without it.
Keep me posted as to how you are getting on.

Sue x

hi there i also have pcos, am on week 3 of ssing and have had some spotting throughout this

im not bothered if i skip a few periods, ( just finished a 14 month long period )
but am definatly looking forward to seing an improvement in my symptoms as my weight goes down

Thanks for the advice guys and well done on the weight losses!

Must admit I am finding that the hair around my chin is growing less since I have been on CD :(:eek:.

Will keep you informed - 2nd weigh in on Wednesday evening.

Good luck!

Sassy xx

Back