CD Buddies

LL I see you are a shorty too! Quite a lot of shorties on this thread! I've had to come to bed to stop myself from Myself from succumbing to comfort eating- yes it's that bad despite ketosis! Brushed my teeth and that helped! Hope battery on iPad doesn't run out! It's on low ( accounts for all the typos in my posts too!)

All the best for tomorrow and keep on forum it well help in time of need!

gosh youve done so well im in week 2 ans starving today i got on scales for motivation and they havent moved since i got weighed on tues :-( helllpppp!

It's my first day done, not as bad as I thought. I have a bmi of 33, need to shed around 3 stone. I'd love to wear something nice this Christmas day at my mums, instead of the usual bin bag ;)

:) thanks I'm gonna try them on again in 2 weeks n see if tummy no long hangs over the top hehe!

Take a photo now and then one later -- then save them on your phone (or put them in your purse) and compare them for motivation from time to time!

gosh youve done so well im in week 2 ans starving today i got on scales for motivation and they havent moved since i got weighed on tues :-( helllpppp!

Ah Zoe --

Your name makes me feel sad. You should be happy that you are trying to do something about your weight.

Please do not "scale hop" -- it can be demoralizing.

I had a friend who has those scales that show your water to fat ratio. She discovered that although her weight was not changing (at times) that her water to fat was changing: herfat would drop a water would increase. Then he weight would drop and the wter/fat ratio wuld be reset and the process repeated.

In otherwords , if you are following the diet then your body is probably retaining water. Drink your water -- all of it -- and it'll flush out. Slow and steady through out the day.

It was explained to her that your body will retain the water as it burns the fat because it is trying to "survive." With a VLCD (very low calorie diet) you body thinks it is living in a time of starvation.

This does work -- there are a lot of success stories on this forum.

Mel

Zoe, provided you stick to plan be is SS or SS+ you will lose. It is impossible not to. Beleive me I have been there and done it and now I am trying again! Don't the the number on the scales cloud your mind and think "this is so difficult what the point and having so few calories and feeling hungry when the weight is not coming off?"

Provided you stick to SS and even if on the odd day you have SS+ (like I plan to if I feel weak) you will lose. The scales can very for a thousand reasons because our bodies are different, we may retain water, may have been more sedantary, time of the month, constipation etc.

You are likely to have a whoosh! on weigh in even if scales haven't moved - only of course if you have stuck to plan. I know it sounds like I am preaching but honeslty I don't mean to! I just want others to succeed even if I don't. I really know how difficult this plan is and confess that last night I did almost throw in the towel. What a was of effort would that have been, not to say time and money!

Keep strong, if your hungry get of the house, go for a walk, brush your teeth, anything to distract you from thinking you need food, because you're hungry, stressed, worried missing out etc etc.

I just want others to succeed even if I don't. I really know how difficult this plan is and confess that last night I did almost throw in the towel. What a was of effort would that have been, not to say time and money!

Kira,

I KNOW you can and will do this. You go girl! Great advice... Zoe. She knows what she talking about. The diet works!

Mel

MinnieMel said:
Take a photo now and then one later -- then save them on your phone (or put them in your purse) and compare them for motivation from time to time!

Thanks good idea! X x

unhappyzoe said:

Hey Zoe read this it's long but really helped me understand the plan N ketosis n the first month - and yes this diet works! Xx

In the first week of a VLCD you could lose a tremendous amount of weight, this can be seen daily on the scale, dropping 1-2 or even 3lb each day. Although encouraging and this makes you feel immediately lighter - this is not a true fat loss. This is mainly due to an empty stomach, water, and stool release.

Your true fat loss will come after day 4 when you are in Ketosis (fat burning) and the only way you can put this lost fat back on is to over consume food, carbs and sugar mainly. Your weight in the first weeks should be great and dependant on how much you need to lose, age, dieting history etc it can range from 7lb to 1stone for some clients, (the biggest loss we have recorded is 23lbs for a gentleman who was over 30stone). After this in your second week it is normal to expect to shed at least half the weight loss again, and therefore the first two week are generally a great kick start to your journey. This is one reason it is recommended to follow a VLCD plan for a minimum of 1 month.

The weeks that follow should bring a weight loss of approximately 3-4lb for most ladies and a little more for men. This generally averages out to 1stone each month and is a good bench mark for your weight loss, (if continuously lower it is worth checking your plan to ensure you are in ketosis, and not over measuring foods). Weight loss on any programme can plateau and we generally find a small loss in week 3, the body tends to think there is something wrong due to the great weight loss and may pause for a little, if this happens just continue and it should correct itself for week 4. The worst thing to do is give up or eat as this just confirms to the body that it was right to pause.

The figure of 3-4lb is quite scientific and I will try to explain - for each pound of fat you lose you need to consume 3,500 calories less than your body requires, using the concept of a VLCD of around 500kcal over a week you consume 3,500kcals. The average ladies requires 14000kcal per week / the average man 17500kcal you are therefore just over 10000kcal short of your body's energy requirement and this should bring a weight reduction of 3lb each week. Add to this the structure of the diet, ie Ketosis, Low Carb, Low Sugar etc you generally find that you can lose extra as well, especially if you can drink plenty of regular water. 3- 4 Litres of water (this must be steady through the day and not all in one go !!!)

Hope this has helped... remember if you step on the scales they can go up or down some days, dependant on water retention, stools, body temperature, time of the month and others, a weekly weight is a better idea & always remember when you feel so down that you may cave, it is scientifically impossible not to lose weight on a diet of around 500kcal - 800kcal - Both are considered a VLCD - if staying the same or not losing there is always, always another reason or the body is just resting for a short while to catch up with itself,

The first month is so very hard, but you do really need to stick in there for one month to see the results. We all think that as we are not eating, the weight will drop off. Everyones Metabolic burn rate is different and generally after the first two weeks a 3-4lb is to be expected compared to a 1-2lb following conventional diet programmes. It is natural to want it to happen now and straight away, but we do need to let nature take it's natural course, your body to convert to fat burning, stop panicing and settle down into the programme, this all happens in the first month. One stone per month weight loss is the general amount most clients can expect to shed, sometimes a little more in the first month, so if you lose more than 14lb in one month it should be counted as a bonus

I'm a bit of a technophone so you must all forgive me for not yet working out how to do a "like" I worked out a thanks though!

Lara that is a really helpful post. Understanding how the body loses and gains weight really helps (particularly when stuffing once face after deciding to throw in the towel - er! that's me, did that, continue to do that and I probably will again!) However, for know I'll keep trying!

Hope you are all having a great day!

LL I see you are a shorty too! Quite a lot of shorties on this thread! I've had to come to bed to stop myself from Myself from succumbing to comfort eating- yes it's that bad despite ketosis! Brushed my teeth and that helped! Hope battery on iPad doesn't run out! It's on low ( accounts for all the typos in my posts too!)

All the best for tomorrow and keep on forum it well help in time of need!

thank you so much, you have all been so nice, i just saw my consultant and it was ok, she just took down my details, measurement only waist though and weighed me. we also set a target.
i got my soups, porriage and shakes.
what does other consultants do?
All the best for tomorrow and keep on forum it well help in time of need![/QUOTE]

Good luck everyone we can all do this together :)

Start Weight: 17 st 9 lbs
Goal Weight: 11st 6 lbs
Start Date: 05/10/2011
Target Date: 30/03/2012
Lose Weight for my Wedding Day!

WK 1 - Lost 9lbs
Wk 2 - Lost 5.5 lbs
Wk 3 - Lost 9lbs
Wk 4 - Lost 3.8 lbs
Wk 5 - Lost 4.8 lbs
Current Weight 15st 7lbs
Total Loss so far 2st 2lbs

hiya

just saw my consultant today and have all my packs and im all ready to go im so excited as i really want to do this, my consultant set me a target of 2 stone to lose and then review me when i get to that stage.

also do most consultants measure everything as mine only did my waist?

thank you for everyones support and wise words, i have just taken my before pics and will take some next week, hopefully will see some changes

Your welcome kira I'm glad it helped as it helped me too and it shows exactly why we must stay on track - we don't want to teach our body to ignore us when we do a vlcd as we are gonna binge the food down soon, do we! We want it to say ah ok fat burning it is and that's our only option for food so we must burn burn burn! X

Brilliant how was the meeting did u feel motivated? X

Question for all shorties - what dress size are you at a particular weight. Er! Does that make sense! In other words for me to be a size 10 dress my weight has to be between 8st to 8st 7lb. as soon as I creep towards 9st stone my dress sized goes to 12/14 (obviously depending on the brand/shop as sizing differs so much!)

Brilliant how was the meeting did u feel motivated? X

yes she was ok, but i think you guys on here motivate me all as i only see her for about 20mins a week, i have all my packs and ready to go..

looking forward to speaking to you though so we can motivate each other and lose this weight once and for all

Back