CD & Exercise

DiaryofaFatty

Hi guys,

I'm about to jump back on to Cambridge, first session is in 8 days time.

I'm trying to mentally ready myself for what to expect as I haven't done Cambridge properly for a couple of years.

The main thing I'm concerned about is exercise - Do you actually have the energy during Sole Source/Ketosis to work out? I find it's a real motivator to stay on track for me so I'm seriously hoping you do.

Looking forward to your replies!

- Joe

Last edited:
hi

ive been on ss+ for 12 days now and have lost 10lbs!:flirt2:
but i am tired!
before starting cambrigde diet, i was an early bird at the gym.
i was doing cross-trainer, swimming and spin classes throughout the week.
But since starting the diet, i just about get myself out of bed for work, never mind the gym!
I focusing on loseing the weight asap, then starting gym up again.

Some people still do go to the gym whilst on the diet, but im not one of them.

Let me know how you go... and good luck

After a couple of weeks to get used to your body getting its energy from fat rather than glycogen, you'll be fine - I walk up to 12 miles (any more and I'd be pushing it out in the countryside) and I have climbed down a mountain in Crete (16k of downhill walking which is murder on your thighs) I've cycled 30 miles in ketosis - probably wouldn't do a longer ride than that. Just play around with what works for you - if you get dizzy take a rest, drink some water...and always have a pack an hour before you do anything substantial.

I am going for a 5km jog now and on day 4. I'll let you know how it goes compared to normal.

Lol although I was 20 stone I did do a few half marathons :) let's see if it's easier now I'm 17 stone :) :) :)

5km in 31mins, was pretty tough to start, not surprised as it was first run in about a month! But seemed to be so much faster than before towards the end. Am tired now but I would be normally tired anyway.

Thanks for the replies guys (and apologies for my delayed response!).

Looks like it can be done from what you're saying then - although right now I've struggled *[Snip] getting into SS so I think I'll tackle that hurdle before exercise and then see how it goes ^_^

- Joe

Last edited:
hi, i think everyone copes differently... I do Zumba classes a few times a week and was finding it too difficult to get through my classes on SS+ I have now been advised by my CDC to move up to 810.. definitely seeing better results energywise..

Good luck on your CD journey :)

Debs x

Back